Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:01 (Ref:865607)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you read the full interview it's much more reasoned than the little bits picked out for headlines.

But that's journalism!
Old 7 Feb 2004, 01:09 (Ref:865971)   #27
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All of us who watched Alonso in International karting knew hes the real deal...Shut up Mika you're just pro a fellow Finn!
Old 7 Feb 2004, 01:13 (Ref:865976)   #28
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why should he shut up?
Old 7 Feb 2004, 01:19 (Ref:865981)   #29
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Because hes had his time, hes history!...Leuven huh! did you go to Genk karting ASCII Man?...Did you watch Alonso?
Old 7 Feb 2004, 02:07 (Ref:866015)   #30
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To read am almost complete version of the interview, visit ITV-f1.com. I have the magazine, and there is hardly any additional information to whats on ITV
Old 7 Feb 2004, 04:14 (Ref:866065)   #31
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many times do you hear that "real deal" over the years about karters and how many actually are?!
Old 7 Feb 2004, 13:55 (Ref:866339)   #32
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It really is a good story and can be found HERE

Some of his more interesting quotes:

Michael - A lot of people say he’s past his best, and that 2004 will be a very difficult year for him. Well, all I can say is that, whether or not 2004 will be difficult for him, he’s absolutely capable of winning title number seven. He’s still got the speed, the commitment and the fitness – and, amazingly, I think he’s still got the hunger, too.

Montoya - In 2002 he scored seven pole positions, which was a fabulous performance – but last year he often looked slower than Ralf, especially in qualifying. And that really surprised me, because I expected one-lap qualifying to suit him.

McLaren - We all know that the MP4-18A was a bit of a failure last year – but that could help them this year, because it could mean that the 19, which is clearly a development of the 18, starts the season with most of its problems already ironed out.

Fernando - I haven’t seen anything that really justifies the level of hype that has surrounded him so far.

Trulli - He’s almost Formula 1’s invisible man, isn’t he? whenever I think of Jarno, I think, "What happened to Jarno?" And it’s a tough question, isn’t it? He’s been in Formula 1 since 1997, and yet he’s still never won a race or even looked like winning one.

Giancarlo - it’s not just his speed that’s special – it’s his style. He has a very unusual – but very effective – cornering method. I used to notice it when following him, and now I see it on the in-car TV footage. He enters corners normally – fast, smooth – but it’s the way he gets the car through the apex that’s so special. He seems to get the car straight incredibly quickly – sometimes even artificially tightening the radius of the corner in order to do so – and as a result he gets the power down very, very early. As a result he doesn’t always even use all the road, but he’s always very quick.

Webber - Mark Webber surprised me a couple of times in 2003. He was third on the grid in Brazil and Hungary – two very impressive laps. He also looked good in the wet, I thought, which is always a good sign. I don’t know him well, but I’ve met him – and I think he’s got a lot of good qualities.

Panis - He was very, very quick – and I know that for a fact, because I knew what tyres he was running, what fuel he was running, everything. If I was running wheel-to-wheel with him, late-braking into a tight corner, I reckon I’d give up before he would.

Some interesting stuff there.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 14:32 (Ref:866360)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for that Wrex, there are some interesting points. I like his technical analysis of Giancarlo's driving style, and the inside information form Panis' testing days. It's fair to say that Ralf didn't outpace Montoya very often though.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 15:30 (Ref:866399)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just read the magazine interview this morning.....debatable point about Alonso to say the least, although he's entitled to his opinion.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 16:41 (Ref:866437)   #35
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far the only thing I find even remotely debatable is the comment about Alonso. I am not a Kimmi fan anyway so maybe that is what makes it difficult to give too much credit. Kimmi drives hard but makes too many mistakes under pressure. He chokes.

I have not seen Alonso choke once. When at Minardi I fell for the hype. I thought he was very gifted. I still think he is. IMO he is the most promising of all the drivers in F1 now.

I liked the comments about Fisi. I never noticed his lines but now I will surely try to take notice. Hopefully the Sauber gives him to opportunity to truely show his skills. It would be nice to have him in a winning car against a very strong teammate.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 20:31 (Ref:866570)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems to me he is favouring Kimi in the interview by waxing lyrical about him and playing down his direct rivals to excess - fellow young guns such as Button and Alonso.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 20:58 (Ref:866587)   #37
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since when is Button a direct rival? :confused:
Old 7 Feb 2004, 21:01 (Ref:866588)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well he's one of the generation of young starters isn't he! So I'd class him as a rival.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 21:11 (Ref:866598)   #39
ASCII Man
Veteran

I class two drivers of similar capability as being rivals.
Theres a big difference between Kimi and Button to even think about calling them rivals...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 7 Feb 2004 at 21:11.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 21:14 (Ref:866603)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mika said some things that I disagree with, how will I cope?!

There is some very interesting stuff in there. I particularly like the discription of Fisi's driving for example.

And in the entire world I'd listen and take note of Mika's views more than most.

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Feb 2004 at 21:14.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 23:04 (Ref:866690)   #41
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's amazing when you have people in here saying a World Champion should "shut up" just because his opinion doesn't match theirs.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 23:09 (Ref:866699)   #42
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
Because hes had his time, hes history!...Leuven huh! did you go to Genk karting ASCII Man?...Did you watch Alonso?
Why do i find this mildly offensive?

And no, i didn't go to Genk karting to watch a Spanish kid fart along the track because i had better stuff to do, like going to school for instance.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 7 Feb 2004 at 23:11.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 14:41 (Ref:870754)   #43
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or getting a pint of marvellous trappist ale...
Old 11 Feb 2004, 21:19 (Ref:871195)   #44
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Mika's comments also say alot for Panis who some people say is hopeless. This proves to me what i have always believed. Panis is a very good driver who has never had the race car to match his talents
Old 11 Feb 2004, 21:26 (Ref:871208)   #45
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, and I think that his '97 Canada crash knocked the shine off him from a while. Without that, I thin we would have seen some more great performances that year.

Mika is entitled to his opinions, even if we don't all agree with him!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 08:17 (Ref:876626)   #46
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, finally Jenson reacted to Mika’s seething attack.

"I suppose Mika's got nothing else to do now he's retired. He seems to have had a go at just about everybody except Kimi Raikkonen,” he told the Mirror.

http://www.gp2003.com/news/news.php?...4b8356f4a77098