Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3659794)   #51
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I sincerely hope that this has a happier ending than the Lotus saga, which was also bought up by a hedge fund type business (Genii). Typically they don't like to put new money into a venture; they are looking to take it out, and asset strip.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 04:20 (Ref:3659865)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Google isn't very helpful here, except..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody's LinkedIn Page
Longbow Finance SA is the Family Office of the TetraPak Intl group owners
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jul 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3659869)   #53
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Longbow is who has been paying the big bucks for Marcus to drive. So much for Kalterborn "finding" new investment. They have been paying sponsorship advances early for some time likely secured against the team itself and have now accrued all of the shares
Old 21 Jul 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3659922)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm glad someone was able to step in and save them, while Bernie sits around counting his millions. We don't need anymore teams going at this time.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3659941)   #55
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Still amazed that Sauber didn't auction off the seats for the in-season tests to generate a bit more cash. There must be well-heeled young drivers out there who would kill for the opportunity to get some F1 seat time. Or Ferrari could have run some of its Driver Academy.
the problem is that most drivers that you speak of are well heeled, but not well heeled enough to go throwing money at pay and go test drives with f1 teams. and let's be real, with modern f1 cars you need to know the system inside and out and know which buttons to press during a lap. they're not really arrive and drive cars any more.

i wonder how many teams are gently flirting with the gelael money...
Old 21 Jul 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3659976)   #56
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the usual fun response from those at http://sniffpetrol.com/2016/07/21/sa.../#.V5EAofkrLGg

Old 21 Jul 2016, 19:00 (Ref:3660001)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Google isn't very helpful here, except..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody's LinkedIn Page
Longbow Finance SA is the Family Office of the TetraPak Intl group owners.

Tetra Pak are owned by the Rausing family. I don't know how much you trust the reliability of Wikipedia but they have quite an extensive page on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetra_Pak
Old 21 Jul 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3660008)   #58
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Article is a number of days old, but was very much on track regarding Tetra Pak and Sauber...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/07/...sauber-rescue/

Richard
Old 22 Jul 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3660149)   #59
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to read that Monisha Kalterborn's continued stewardship was a stumbling block for some potential investors.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3703261)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you believe This Story, Sauber may become the second Honda team in 2018...

Hard to know if it would be better or worse for them... depends perhaps if the engines are supplied free-of-charge or not...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jan 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3703265)   #61
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A win for Sauber if cheaper engines than current. And a good thing for Honda in getting additional feedback with out the internal angst from McLaren.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3703268)   #62
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Honda would need to make real progress this year for it to be a better bet than Ferrari. That said, Sauber are running year-old engines this year.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3703302)   #63
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I would like to see Sauber powered by Mercedes once again, like they were in '94.

If Manor doesn't make it, there's a supply of Mercedes engines waiting. And it could well happen. The Sauber/Honda talk was around last year towards season end.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3703353)   #64
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it is a wise move, especially if the Honda is on it from the start this season. I can say it being a win win for both teams
Old 18 Jan 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3703376)   #65
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I certainly think Honda could do with a second team, for development purposes.
Old 27 Jan 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3705621)   #66
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I certainly think Honda could do with a second team, for development purposes.
If Sauber had Merc power Redbull chassis and Lewis /Sebastian/Fernando they would still manage to tug around at the back!
Old 27 Jan 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3705637)   #67
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
If Sauber had Merc power Redbull chassis and Lewis /Sebastian/Fernando they would still manage to tug around at the back!
That's a bit harsh, they have got some good people there, it was no surprise that as soon as a bit of money arrived last season and they started to bolt on some upgrades that they moved comfortably into the middle of the pack.