Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Nov 2017, 01:47 (Ref:3778677)   #736
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It becomes a win when Williams puts a serious pilot into that slot...
IMO, Kvyat or even Ericsson would probably do a better job than Massa.

The names currently being thrown around are, in no particular order; di Resta, Kubica, Kvyat, Wehrlien and Ericsson.

If it was up to me, it would be, in order; Kubica, Kubica, Kubica, Kubica and then Kubica.

But in reality, I think it would have to be, in order; Wehrlien, Kubica, Kvyat, di Resta and then Ericsson.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3778678)   #737
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It becomes a win when Williams puts a serious pilot into that slot...
Reckon Massa is by far the most serious driver of the touted replacements!

However, Massa will not be paying bucket loads of cash for the pleasure of turning up for work.

Last edited by wnut; 5 Nov 2017 at 01:56.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3778707)   #738
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Will Polish Bob get a Williams ride at Abu Dhabi?
Wherever you go, there you are... more cash than panache...
“What the hell kind of moon man talk is that?” - Frank Barone
Old 5 Nov 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3778739)   #739
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Will Polish Bob get a Williams ride at Abu Dhabi?
No, because a return to F1 will require him to repay a large insurance payout made to him in respect of injuries received not allowing him to ever return to racing an F1 car. If he was to do a one off GP drive he will lose / have to return that payout, and potentially fail to make a full time return, leaving him way out of pocket long term.
If he was to return for the full season he will presumably earn enough to cover the return of the insurance payout .
The payout is not affected by testing, just when he makes a GP race start and therefore officially becomes an F1 race driver again.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3778789)   #740
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
No, because a return to F1 will require him to repay a large insurance payout made to him in respect of injuries received not allowing him to ever return to racing an F1 car. If he was to do a one off GP drive he will lose / have to return that payout, and potentially fail to make a full time return, leaving him way out of pocket long term.
If he was to return for the full season he will presumably earn enough to cover the return of the insurance payout .
The payout is not affected by testing, just when he makes a GP race start and therefore officially becomes an F1 race driver again.
That's exactly why Pironi never made a comeback to F1 after his injuries
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3778796)   #741
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he should do the last F2 round to prove his ability to race.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3779002)   #742
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Lando Norris confirmed at McLaren for 2018.

Zak Brown: “Lando is an outstanding young talent. Today’s announcement is thoroughly deserved, and underlines the incredible high regard in which we hold his abilities. By winning last year in Formula Renault, triumphing in the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver Award, and then showing the speed and consistency needed to win the European F3 championship, he is undoubtedly carving himself a reputation as one of the very best up-and-coming single-seater drivers in the world.

“His summer test for McLaren was also remarkably impressive, and was further proof that he is ready to step up and take on a role of this size, scope and responsibility.

“At McLaren, we are all extremely keen to help him achieve his goal of racing in Formula 1.”

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team...gn=LandoNorris
Old 6 Nov 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3779004)   #743
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Lando Norris confirmed at McLaren for 2018.

Zak Brown: “Lando is an outstanding young talent. Today’s announcement is thoroughly deserved, and underlines the incredible high regard in which we hold his abilities. By winning last year in Formula Renault, triumphing in the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver Award, and then showing the speed and consistency needed to win the European F3 championship, he is undoubtedly carving himself a reputation as one of the very best up-and-coming single-seater drivers in the world.

“His summer test for McLaren was also remarkably impressive, and was further proof that he is ready to step up and take on a role of this size, scope and responsibility.

“At McLaren, we are all extremely keen to help him achieve his goal of racing in Formula 1.”

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team...gn=LandoNorris
Debuting at Monaco then?
Old 6 Nov 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3779012)   #744
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
IMO, Kvyat or even Ericsson would probably do a better job than Massa.

The names currently being thrown around are, in no particular order; di Resta, Kubica, Kvyat, Wehrlien and Ericsson.

If it was up to me, it would be, in order; Kubica, Kubica, Kubica, Kubica and then Kubica.

But in reality, I think it would have to be, in order; Wehrlien, Kubica, Kvyat, di Resta and then Ericsson.
Earl Bamber?
Old 6 Nov 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3779036)   #745
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bambers IMSA duties might get in the way of that.

As good a driver as he is, it isn't a name that would be considered for an F1 drive tbh.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3779072)   #746
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I’m glad Norris is getting the role at McLaren he deserves at this stage of his career
Old 7 Nov 2017, 01:32 (Ref:3779142)   #747
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bambers IMSA duties might get in the way of that.

As good a driver as he is, it isn't a name that would be considered for an F1 drive tbh.
Danica Patrick?
Old 7 Nov 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3779191)   #748
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Danica Patrick?
Good one

If I was to pick a soon-to-be-unemployed Porsche driver for an F1 driver, Tandy, Lotterer and Jani would be higher up the list for sure.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3779885)   #749
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Recent public poll result on who should get the Williams seat.

Kubica: 45%

Wehrlein: 16%

Kvyat: 12%

di Resta: 12%

Ericsson: 6%

Palmer: 2%

Other: 7%

Mr Other is doing better than Palmer.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3779910)   #750
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Not taking anything away from Kubica's recovery to get to where he is now. But you do have to wonder how much of that 45% is goodwill/sympathy, how much is reliving his past success and how much is genuinely he's the right man for the job.