Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Nov 2017, 01:47 (Ref:3778677)   #736
F1Guy
Veteran
 
F1Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Posts: 812
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It becomes a win when Williams puts a serious pilot into that slot...
IMO, Kvyat or even Ericsson would probably do a better job than Massa.


The names currently being thrown around are, in no particular order; di Resta, Kubica, Kvyat, Wehrlien and Ericsson.

If it was up to me, it would be, in order; Kubica, Kubica, Kubica, Kubica and then Kubica.

But in reality, I think it would have to be, in order; Wehrlien, Kubica, Kvyat, di Resta and then Ericsson.
F1Guy is offline  
__________________
When did I do dangerous driving???
Quote
Old 5 Nov 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3778678)   #737
wnut
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,440
wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It becomes a win when Williams puts a serious pilot into that slot...
Reckon Massa is by far the most serious driver of the touted replacements!

However, Massa will not be paying bucket loads of cash for the pleasure of turning up for work.

Last edited by wnut; 5 Nov 2017 at 01:56.
wnut is offline  
Quote
Old 5 Nov 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3778707)   #738
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 43,354
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Will Polish Bob get a Williams ride at Abu Dhabi?
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
C.D. Bales (Roxanne): "Are we having fun yet?"
Harvey Specter: Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.
Anyone can be a lost Picasso.... I love lamp... BE ON EDGE..
Wherever you go, there you are... more cash than panache...
“What the hell kind of moon man talk is that?” - Frank Barone
Quote
Old 5 Nov 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3778739)   #739
E.B
Veteran
 
E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
Posts: 1,240
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will Polish Bob get a Williams ride at Abu Dhabi?
No, because a return to F1 will require him to repay a large insurance payout made to him in respect of injuries received not allowing him to ever return to racing an F1 car. If he was to do a one off GP drive he will lose / have to return that payout, and potentially fail to make a full time return, leaving him way out of pocket long term.
If he was to return for the full season he will presumably earn enough to cover the return of the insurance payout .
The payout is not affected by testing, just when he makes a GP race start and therefore officially becomes an F1 race driver again.
E.B is online now  
__________________
"The unfortunate thing about the changes coming in next year is that they are all restrictions" : Adrian Newey.
Quote
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3778789)   #740
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,658
S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
No, because a return to F1 will require him to repay a large insurance payout made to him in respect of injuries received not allowing him to ever return to racing an F1 car. If he was to do a one off GP drive he will lose / have to return that payout, and potentially fail to make a full time return, leaving him way out of pocket long term.
If he was to return for the full season he will presumably earn enough to cover the return of the insurance payout .
The payout is not affected by testing, just when he makes a GP race start and therefore officially becomes an F1 race driver again.
That's exactly why Pironi never made a comeback to F1 after his injuries
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3778796)   #741
peebee2
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 769
peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he should do the last F2 round to prove his ability to race.
peebee2 is offline  
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3779002)   #742
F1Guy
Veteran
 
F1Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Posts: 812
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lando Norris confirmed at McLaren for 2018.

Zak Brown: “Lando is an outstanding young talent. Today’s announcement is thoroughly deserved, and underlines the incredible high regard in which we hold his abilities. By winning last year in Formula Renault, triumphing in the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver Award, and then showing the speed and consistency needed to win the European F3 championship, he is undoubtedly carving himself a reputation as one of the very best up-and-coming single-seater drivers in the world.

“His summer test for McLaren was also remarkably impressive, and was further proof that he is ready to step up and take on a role of this size, scope and responsibility.

“At McLaren, we are all extremely keen to help him achieve his goal of racing in Formula 1.”


http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team...gn=LandoNorris
F1Guy is offline  
__________________
When did I do dangerous driving???
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3779004)   #743
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 43,354
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Lando Norris confirmed at McLaren for 2018.

Zak Brown: “Lando is an outstanding young talent. Today’s announcement is thoroughly deserved, and underlines the incredible high regard in which we hold his abilities. By winning last year in Formula Renault, triumphing in the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver Award, and then showing the speed and consistency needed to win the European F3 championship, he is undoubtedly carving himself a reputation as one of the very best up-and-coming single-seater drivers in the world.

“His summer test for McLaren was also remarkably impressive, and was further proof that he is ready to step up and take on a role of this size, scope and responsibility.

“At McLaren, we are all extremely keen to help him achieve his goal of racing in Formula 1.”



http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team...gn=LandoNorris
Debuting at Monaco then?
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
C.D. Bales (Roxanne): "Are we having fun yet?"
Harvey Specter: Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.
Anyone can be a lost Picasso.... I love lamp... BE ON EDGE..
Wherever you go, there you are... more cash than panache...
“What the hell kind of moon man talk is that?” - Frank Barone
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3779012)   #744
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 43,354
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
IMO, Kvyat or even Ericsson would probably do a better job than Massa.


The names currently being thrown around are, in no particular order; di Resta, Kubica, Kvyat, Wehrlien and Ericsson.

If it was up to me, it would be, in order; Kubica, Kubica, Kubica, Kubica and then Kubica.

But in reality, I think it would have to be, in order; Wehrlien, Kubica, Kvyat, di Resta and then Ericsson.
Earl Bamber?
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
C.D. Bales (Roxanne): "Are we having fun yet?"
Harvey Specter: Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.
Anyone can be a lost Picasso.... I love lamp... BE ON EDGE..
Wherever you go, there you are... more cash than panache...
“What the hell kind of moon man talk is that?” - Frank Barone
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3779036)   #745
Akrapovic
Veteran
 
Akrapovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Scotland
Posts: 5,282
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bambers IMSA duties might get in the way of that.

As good a driver as he is, it isn't a name that would be considered for an F1 drive tbh.
Akrapovic is online now  
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3779072)   #746
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,658
S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I’m glad Norris is getting the role at McLaren he deserves at this stage of his career
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 7 Nov 2017, 01:32 (Ref:3779142)   #747
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 43,354
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bambers IMSA duties might get in the way of that.

As good a driver as he is, it isn't a name that would be considered for an F1 drive tbh.
Danica Patrick?
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
C.D. Bales (Roxanne): "Are we having fun yet?"
Harvey Specter: Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.
Anyone can be a lost Picasso.... I love lamp... BE ON EDGE..
Wherever you go, there you are... more cash than panache...
“What the hell kind of moon man talk is that?” - Frank Barone
Quote
Old 7 Nov 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3779191)   #748
Akrapovic
Veteran
 
Akrapovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Scotland
Posts: 5,282
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Danica Patrick?
Good one

If I was to pick a soon-to-be-unemployed Porsche driver for an F1 driver, Tandy, Lotterer and Jani would be higher up the list for sure.
Akrapovic is online now  
Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3779885)   #749
F1Guy
Veteran
 
F1Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Posts: 812
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recent public poll result on who should get the Williams seat.


Kubica: 45%

Wehrlein: 16%

Kvyat: 12%

di Resta: 12%

Ericsson: 6%

Palmer: 2%

Other: 7%


Mr Other is doing better than Palmer.
F1Guy is offline  
__________________
When did I do dangerous driving???
Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3779910)   #750
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran
 
ScotsBrutesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Scotland
West Lothian
Posts: 4,696
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Not taking anything away from Kubica's recovery to get to where he is now. But you do have to wonder how much of that 45% is goodwill/sympathy, how much is reliving his past success and how much is genuinely he's the right man for the job.
ScotsBrutesFan is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Silly Season GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 1882 Yesterday 20:57
[WEC] BMW confirmed in GTE in 2018 AkioAsakura95 ACO Regulated Series 264 13 Sep 2017 17:52
Hockenheim secures new deal until 2018 jab Formula One 13 2 Oct 2009 01:25
The "silly" season just isn't "silly" any more Tristan Formula One 36 31 Jul 2001 03:50


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.