Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Nov 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3779841)   #126
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s a daft way to do it. The better way is to make yourself artificially slower, sandbag. It’s cheaper. No one would notice this year due to the chassis regulation changes. When the other teams catch-up you find it easier to keep ahead.

If you’re going to have a conspiracy at least have a clever one.

Here’s a link http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132895
Mercedes are sandbagging for sure Adam, they just gave Ferrari enough to keep them ahead of the rest of the field, this way Ferrari have a special interest in maintaining the current PU rules.
If Ferrari were qualifying on the back of the grid and behind everyone with a Mercedes engine, how long do you think the current engine regs would last?
Mercedes are just playing with F1 at the moment.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3779843)   #127
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For sure.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3779965)   #128
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote of this week undoubtedly from M. C Abullshit “there are never coincidences in this sport.”

Spot on mate, their engines are blowing up because you are giving them junk, and used junk at that. Not a coincidence!
Old 15 Nov 2017, 02:22 (Ref:3780501)   #129
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"Oh my ass is really warm now!" Max Verstappen FP 2 Brazil

Followed by, during the race:

"How the track conditions Max?" Engineer

"Yeah, sunny." Max

"Yeah, any more debris left?" Engineer.

"Hehe, no." Max
Old 15 Nov 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3780537)   #130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
"Oh my ass is really warm now!" Max Verstappen FP 2 Brazil

Followed by, during the race:

"How the track conditions Max?" Engineer

"Yeah, sunny." Max

"Yeah, any more debris left?" Engineer.

"Hehe, no." Max
Beat me to it
Old 22 Nov 2017, 03:03 (Ref:3782111)   #131
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
'Just leave me alone,...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ghykrSCC03A

Old 22 Nov 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3782209)   #132
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Genius
Old 23 Nov 2017, 21:59 (Ref:3782498)   #133
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
At the Abu Dhabi press conference, Vettel, Hamilton and Ricciardo together behind the desk.

Ricciardo says..

"Between us all we have 8 world titles, so it's pretty good."

There were more great quotes between the three. Best press conference of the year.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3782499)   #134
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I wonder if the drink is any good. I hope Kimi has a lifetime supply
Old 24 Nov 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3782690)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He might have to be left alone for a long time if he has........
Old 25 Nov 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3782893)   #136
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
At the Abu Dhabi press conference, Vettel, Hamilton and Ricciardo together behind the desk.

Ricciardo says..

"Between us all we have 8 world titles, so it's pretty good."

There were more great quotes between the three. Best press conference of the year.

Plus

"Next year we will be going for nine."
Old 25 Nov 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3782922)   #137
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What was it Kevin said during practice about that brolly? "We don't need shade" I think he said?
Old 30 Nov 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3784412)   #138
wnut
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgyi6gYN3AM @ 7:50

“..to be honest the whole race was pretty much fuel saving … try to hold the guy behind and try to save enough fuel to be legal , in the end, so nothing to do with racing really, it’s just unfortunate that with the rules and some circuits, it’s like this and it’s really not fun.”

Kimi Raikkonen after Abu Dahbi GP.

Good summary of current F1.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3784436)   #139
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgyi6gYN3AM @ 7:50

“..to be honest the whole race was pretty much fuel saving … try to hold the guy behind and try to save enough fuel to be legal , in the end, so nothing to do with racing really, it’s just unfortunate that with the rules and some circuits, it’s like this and it’s really not fun.”

Kimi Raikkonen after Abu Dahbi GP.

Good summary of current F1.
I don't get this though. The fuel saving didn't affect Mercedes. So the lack of pace of the Ferrari's, if due to fuel savings, is a problem of theirs, not of the series, as Mercedes didn't seem to have trouble with it.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3784468)   #140
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I don't get this though. The fuel saving didn't affect Mercedes. So the lack of pace of the Ferrari's, if due to fuel savings, is a problem of theirs, not of the series, as Mercedes didn't seem to have trouble with it.
Lewis didn't exactly push Bottas though did he?

Merc are just in a race of their own though, simply untouchable.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3784544)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

No one could close enough to pass
Old 2 Dec 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3784670)   #142
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ferrari had short filled both cars at Abu Dhabi (as they did at a few other races). This is the reason they were 'saving fuel'. But don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

ps. The Hamilton/Mercedes hate even managed to infiltrate the quote of the week thread!??
Old 2 Dec 2017, 05:11 (Ref:3784686)   #143
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Ferrari had short filled both cars at Abu Dhabi (as they did at a few other races). This is the reason they were 'saving fuel'. But don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

ps. The Hamilton/Mercedes hate even managed to infiltrate the quote of the week thread!??
So Ferrari short filled, to try to gain an advantage, and still finished 20+ seconds behind? Man, Vettel must be one amazing driver to drag that lump to challenge Hamilton and Mercedes huh?
Old 14 Dec 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3787000)   #144
wnut
Veteran

"Lewis Hamilton’s new engine and maximum attack pace at least gave Ferrari, Renault and Honda a clue as to how much power and efficiency they need to find this winter. And I doubt the GPS and sound analysis will make for happy reading, unless you’re in Brixworth."

Martin Brundle

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...=entertainment
Old 1 Jan 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3790192)   #145
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"boys dont wear princess dresses" <LINK BROKEN>
Old 6 Mar 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3806314)   #146
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
STR poking fun at Mclaren on their Twitter feed!

All systems Woking, let’s do this �� #F1Testing

https://twitter.com/ToroRosso/status...f1%2Flive-blog
Old 6 Mar 2018, 23:07 (Ref:3806380)   #147
S griffin
Veteran

What's strange is although they corrected it in the response below, it actually had a capital W
Old 19 Mar 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3809086)   #148
wnut
Veteran

Ralf Waldman the German MotoGP rider sadly died of a heart attack this week at only 51.

In this obituary this classic quote was attributed to him:

After the race he was asked if he was a hero. Waldmann’s reply was typical of the man. “When I started on wet tyres I was an idiot. Then when it rained and I could win, I was a hero. The difference between hero and idiot is very small.”

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...mann-1966-2018
Old 20 Dec 2020, 08:04 (Ref:4024066)   #149
wnut
Veteran

Some crackers at the end of the season:

[Vettel's message to Charles] "To Charles, you are the most talented driver I came across in 15 years of F1. Don't waste it." "Whatever you do to be happy and smile. Thanks for everything!" -Seb

snd Lando's farewell to Carlos

"To Carlota, cheers for all the awesome times and for all the golf tips you muppet. I hope you drive really badly next season. From your best teammate you will ever have, Lando "

Just plain brilliant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._to_carlos_to/
Old 20 Dec 2020, 09:59 (Ref:4024081)   #150
S griffin
Veteran

Yes there were some fun end of term team radios, especially for those moving on. Listen to them all here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLfSekKDSE