Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3438615)   #226
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoyed the first two days. Managed to wander through both paddocks on Friday and visited the trade area and car clubs yesterday, between watching lots of racing.
Watching the leaders of the U2TC trade places at the Loop every lap was excellent and without door banging.
The world sports cars and Group C races were a great way to end the day on track.
Hoping for more good racing today and thankfully the breeze is back this morning as the heat yesterday was brutal.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3438621)   #227
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Really enjoyed the first two days. Managed to wander through both paddocks on Friday and visited the trade area and car clubs yesterday, between watching lots of racing.
Watching the leaders of the U2TC trade places at the Loop every lap was excellent and without door banging.
The world sports cars and Group C races were a great way to end the day on track.
Hoping for more good racing today and thankfully the breeze is back this morning as the heat yesterday was brutal.
Try wearing orange overalls all day!!! That was hot! Still a brilliant day flagging on pit straight!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3438891)   #228
mpj
Rookie

mpj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well yesterday was brilliant, I re discovered my love of circuit racing after losing interest for 10+ years and having switched to short oval spectating.

The racing was of top quality
The cars beautifully turned out
Atmosphere was relaxed and friendly
Pit access was great

Even the wife enjoyed it and wants to go again next year!!!

Thank you to all the competitors!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3438984)   #229
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have the link to the full results? Thanks........Martin
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3438996)   #230
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Does anyone have the link to the full results? Thanks........Martin
It's a bit convoluted but ...

http://results.mstworld.com/Results#

go here as a start.

Then click on the HSCC text on the left.

Once the HSCC eventsa are display click the block for Silverstone Classic.

From there you can select each race in turn from the block presents.

OR ...

pick any race and scroll down. You should see a red Adobe PDF symbol.

That should provide a link to the full results document. Download the PDF file and browse the results to your heart's content with full search facilities.

I hope that helps.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3439008)   #231
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks.............Martin
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3439011)   #232
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant weekend if the organisers and competitors read this thank you.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3439020)   #233
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sad news as I left this evening, which I will not comment on until an official release has been made. Dampened what until that moment had been the best Classic yet.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3439027)   #234
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official statement is here
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3439030)   #235
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
The official statement is here
Terrible news, my thoughts to his friends and family. Historic motorsport has lost a very valuable guy :-(
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3439037)   #236
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did the Super Tourers go? Would love to see some photos
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3439045)   #237
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sad news as I left this evening, which I will not comment on until an official release has been made. Dampened what until that moment had been the best Classic yet.
Just got in so report to follow, however, we heard the news just before our race so took a while to get back in the racing frame of mind. Very sad.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3439049)   #238
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got back home from a great final days action n seen the report, condolences to his family and friends
Old 28 Jul 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3439142)   #239
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed a bad day for British Motorsport!
Sincerest condolences to the family and friends-shocked to read of the lose.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 05:50 (Ref:3439145)   #240
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I didn't really know Denis, although certainly knew of his status in the world of Austin Healeys, historic racing and classic cars. We have sadly lost another of our number while enjoying the sport they loved. I'm sure there will again be questions asked about the circumstances, but right now my thoughts are with the rest of the Welch family, and all those at the circuit involved in dealing with the incident.

There was much I wanted to say about the weekend, but at the moment it will have to wait.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:21 (Ref:3439157)   #241
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to read the statement this morning, my condolences to his family and friends.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3439160)   #242
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sad outcome to the weekends events. I have started a thread in the Tribute forum, using Andrewc's post above. Like Mike, I will save some of my comments about the meeting until a little later.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3439169)   #243
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Very sad news.

Saw cars on trucks ready to come back to paddock when travelling between paddocks

This historic racing should be about larking about in old cars and winding the odd person up.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3439221)   #244
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Denis Welch

I am totally in shock, and I doubt this feeling will go away for a long time.
Denis was a friend for over forty years. I had some engines from him back in the late sixties. We competed against each other, we had many beers together, he was a part of my racing team for a couple of seasons. I last saw him at Mallory Park last season, and he was his usual self. I took this picture of him helping another driver out with his car. At this moment, I cannot think of anything else to say. I will be in touch Tina. Gerry Taylor.
Attached Thumbnails
Mallory Park 29th June 2011. 030.jpg  
Old 28 Jul 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3439316)   #245
stevemorse
Rookie

stevemorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a sad way to end the weekend.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3439327)   #246
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great weekend (thanks Mike). It's not often that mere mortals like me get to race such a lovely car at such a big meeting.

Saddened by the unfortunate loss of one of the originators of our hobby.

My thoughts are with his family.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3439421)   #247
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I didn't really know Denis, although certainly knew of his status in the world of Austin Healeys, historic racing and classic cars. We have sadly lost another of our number while enjoying the sport they loved. I'm sure there will again be questions asked about the circumstances, but right now my thoughts are with the rest of the Welch family, and all those at the circuit involved in dealing with the incident.
Having just arrived home tonight, I fully agree with Mikes statement above. After what had been such a fantastic weekend the dark clouds loomed over everyone yesterday afternoon.
My condolences to all of the family and those involved.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3439452)   #248
mferr
Rookie

mferr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6200 NO

Having started marshalling in 1985 I left Silverstone on Saturday evening after two exhausting but hugely enjoyable days. Reading posts on this forum today I find it hard to express my shock at the news from Sunday. Denis's spectacular style in "Bulldog" along with Stephen Langton's spectacular efforts in that black and gold Lister Jaguar are what stoked my passion for historic Motorsport and continue to do so nearly 30 years on. Very sad.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 07:39 (Ref:3439576)   #249
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awful news.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3439816)   #250
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a piece about historic racing & Silverstone Classic written by Kevin Turner on Autosport.com. I've copied the link below, you may or may not be able to read it because I subscribe to the site.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...784.1381862890