Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 5 Dec 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2594381)   #1
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch Engine Checks

My Engine was stripped and checked in Neil Bolds on Tuesday last and all was found to be OK. So if there was any doubt about Mr Bold i think this leaves him 100% in the clear.

I have to say the scrutineering at the FFF this year was the best we've had in 10 years and was great to see, they were on top of things every step of the way and i hope this will continue both for the Champs and the Trophy races next year.

We should have the top 3 sealed in each Championship and in each Trophy race even if it's a small bit extra on the entry fee, for the good of the class !
Old 7 Dec 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2595339)   #2
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good plan
Old 10 Dec 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2597291)   #3
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
seal top 3 and random check seal on 3 more drawn out of the hat at each round
how do you seal the carb to the motor if it goes down in a race test or qualifying?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2597298)   #4
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If you are refering to the Malvern festival occurance, I was under the impression it got changed during testing, not the qually/racing periods. 'The carburettor on the Ray GR06 car that I was driving developed a fault and needed to be replaced. It was replaced by the Team for a carburettor from a spare engine that had recently been rebuilt'. 'After the Festival Final the engine and carburettor was sealed'.

I am sure that if one does go down after it has been sealed, the scrutys will allow you to change the item under observation and the scrutys would want to check both carbs, and seal the new carb to the engine. Seems logical enough to everyone else?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2597317)   #5
driftwood
Veteran

technically i was not referring to that incident just highlighting a problem area for some thoughts
so it would seem reasonable to have 2 sets of seals then 1 for carbs 1 for motors and if u cant afford 2 small seals 1 large seal to do carb and motor!
I know the carb is a grey area i had carb problem at WHT it didnt work had it aprt rebuilt it didnt work borrowed someones carb ddnt work and i went racing with their carb - so how could you "police" the carb and If all carbs are sealed prior to a race meeting how could i rectify my problem quickly without having to find the Scrut to consent to a carb change
i accept im playing devils advocate
Old 10 Dec 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2597326)   #6
kartingdad
Veteran

If you have a spare carb, get it sealed at any time before you use it. Can be 6 months prior to event. no real problem.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2597345)   #7
driftwood
Veteran

fair point but who will seal it where and when?
will a Scrut be at every FFord event in UK?
WHERE DO YOU START AND STOP!!
Old 10 Dec 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2597355)   #8
kartingdad
Veteran

I think you will find a scrutineer at most race meetings.

I'm sure any scrutineer can apply a seal. As 99% of ff meetings are part of a championship, the relevant champ co ordinators would be happy to arrange voluntary sealing of parts for drivers, after all, it makes the champs better policed.

It would also be good to have as many bits as possible sealed at the start of the season, rather than at the end, so any infringements could be backdated to when the seals were applied.

It might make people a bit more careful what they bolt in to the back of their car, rather than run a hookey engine and 'have it freshened up' for the last race or two.

Also, I have a suspicion that its not the front runners that cheat, its the drivers who think that they have to cheat to keep up, or the ones who self build engines who are not compliant just through not being technically savvy enough to know they are not legal.
You know the sort, the lardy 40 odd year old who's self built engine in an old banger blitzes you down the straight only for the rusty exhaust to fall off on the first kerb.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2597390)   #9
driftwood
Veteran

jesus you have seen my car!!
ok i know what u mean i will be honest i have a similar view that self builders or guys running mid pack dont need to have proper legal motors as they are over weight limit/ unlikley to be checked as they will not get into top 6

it was why i said seal top 3 and 3 at random thru the grid
i will be present with mobil laundry service to wash stained underpants !!
Old 10 Dec 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2597402)   #10
kartingdad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
i will be present with mobil laundry service to wash stained underpants !!
Its a dirty job and I suppose someone has to do it. I didn't know Mobil were involved. Is it just Mobil 1 you launder or do you do 2's as well?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2597528)   #11
driftwood
Veteran

can do fifty pound notes tens twentys as well
i dont wear under wear i go "commando" in case yr wondering!
Old 10 Dec 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2597532)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had an engine sealed a few years ago. Did you know that the driver has to inform the C of the C that he is competing with a sealed engine until the engine is checked . I had to do some work on the engine "valve clearance" we had to get a scrutineer to come over and watch me do the work then re seal the engine. Funny thing that engine never got checked after all that.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2597562)   #13
driftwood
Veteran

Ian i heard the motor was sealed to make you feel like yiou had a "fast" motor but ive seen yr driving and i can see why they never came back to check it!
Old 11 Dec 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2598074)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
.And a Merry Christmas to you Kev.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2598151)   #15
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have to say, thats quite funny guys. You are making me laugh.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2598152)   #16
driftwood
Veteran

Bah humbug!