Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2012, 00:46 (Ref:3052034)   #526
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stirling's times where WAY off the pace, while the best of the field lapped consistely on 51-52 he couldn't get under 54 with his best time, but at least he made no mistake and i think that with some more time in the car he can improve... but putting him straight into a 24h race with LMP1s and so on mmm doesen't seem a good idea. really impressed with the other 2 Status GP drivers, Sims was flying

btw i really enjoyed today's race, it felt a bit like 2005 when there where quite a good amount of privateers with different weapons (Zytek, Pescarolo, Audi etc...) challeging for the win and a nice pack of midfielders ready to get a podium spot, honestly i liked this even better than last years ILMC! i hope that the series will have a bright future and i think that maybe we just need some more competitive GTE cars to come on the market at a good price, otherwise they should make some good promotion for the "GTC" class.

I think that there where very few people who knew that they could race 1000kms with 997 cup cars!!! this is clearly a transition year but i can't see why the series should stop, competition is great, LMP2 have become (finally!) true turn-key customer cars and you really need something between VdeV and WEC, imho.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3052133)   #527
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
cancellation official. They are hoping some of the cars will get an entry for Spa... more about that next week
Suggestion in post-race coverage from Ricard on DSC is that Jota intend to put in an entry for Spa- don't think there has been any news on other teams' plans. Obviously Pecom will be there in their WEC guise anyway, as will OAK- and I'd suspect that as it's now the last chance for some pre-LM race, rather than test, mileage Greaves would be likely to field their ELMS car alongside their WEC entry, but how about the others?
With no sign of JetAlliance so far, IIRC Status GP would become 1st reserve for Le Mans, which might suggest they'd want to take in Spa as well?

Any indication yet how this is going to work?- if the teams who run Spa score full ELMS points there, it's going to put those teams who might not be able to run there (for example Loeb, who've got Minassian and Sarrazin already committed to WEC drives) at a disadvantage

How about the GTE teams- are they being 'invited' to Spa as well?

Last edited by KA; 2 Apr 2012 at 08:47.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3052137)   #528
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
btw i really enjoyed today's race, it felt a bit like 2005 when there where quite a good amount of privateers with different weapons (Zytek, Pescarolo, Audi etc...) challeging for the win and a nice pack of midfielders ready to get a podium spot, honestly i liked this even better than last years ILMC! i hope that the series will have a bright future and i think that maybe we just need some more competitive GTE cars to come on the market at a good price, otherwise they should make some good promotion for the "GTC" class.

I think that there where very few people who knew that they could race 1000kms with 997 cup cars!!! this is clearly a transition year but i can't see why the series should stop, competition is great, LMP2 have become (finally!) true turn-key customer cars and you really need something between VdeV and WEC, imho.
If they can maintain the LMP2 entry over the full season, and hang on to most of those teams for next year, and do something about the GTE issue, then I agree they've got a chance of making a go of this.
I'm still surprised by the meltdown in FLM/LMPC numbers though...
Old 2 Apr 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3052139)   #529
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
An october race at lautitz (sp) has been mentioned - oh goody a roval
And on what day did I mention that on Twitter ? ;-)
Old 2 Apr 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3052159)   #530
KA
Veteran

October poses some potential problems for the teams who are also running WEC though, with fly-away WEC races on 29th Sept, and 14th/27th Oct. Even if the ELMS manages to avoid direct date clashes, I'm sure Pecom and AF Corse are going to be thrilled by the prospect of shipping their cars from Bahrain to Fuji and Shanghai via the Lausitzring...
I wouldn't be too surprised to see a slightly fairly depleted grid for this one, or those teams maybe skipping one or more of the late season WEC rounds, depending on how their respective seasons pan out...

Doesn't help the remaining chances of there being any European entries at PLM much either!
Old 2 Apr 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3052288)   #531
Prometheus
Rookie

Germany
Dortmund
Prometheus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Any indication yet how this is going to work?- if the teams who run Spa score full ELMS points there, it's going to put those teams who might not be able to run there (for example Loeb, who've got Minassian and Sarrazin already committed to WEC drives) at a disadvantage
Though ELMS teams might be invited to the Spa race, it isn't an ELMS round, so I'm quite sure there won't be any points for the ELMS to score. They are just trying to provide the ELMS teams another opportunity to test in race conditions before Le Mans.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3052343)   #532
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ound-canceled/

Quote:
"The various partners involved in the European Le Mans Series have given themselves the time to assemble a field of 25 cars minimum for the Donington round on July 13-14-15."
So if that 25 cars minimum isn't met, I gather the event gets cancelled? If so, is the series just dead then?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3053360)   #533
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ound-canceled/

So if that 25 cars minimum isn't met, I gather the event gets cancelled? If so, is the series just dead then?
So are we about to see the circuits and the ELMS management offering good deals on race-by-race entries for the rest of the season, in order to tempt some additional cars out, even if they just do a one-off at their local round?
The frustrating thing is, that if they can keep them all turning up for the full season, we've got about a dozen LMP2s, which is enough to make the core of a very respectable race- What we're lacking is entries in GTE and the two 'spec' support classes...
Old 4 Apr 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3053453)   #534
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Ratel: Sorry ELMS, but no GT3s for you

Not sure if he has any say in that if teams decide to do ELMS with their GT3s, but his stance surely doesn't make things any easier.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3053478)   #535
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ratel says he believes GT(3) has no place in the championship because they will always play second fiddle to the LMP2 cars.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3053587)   #536
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Ratel says he believes GT(3) has no place in the championship because they will always play second fiddle to the LMP2 cars.
Few years ago he also said that GT1 shouldn't be the "third division" class in Le Mans...
Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3053604)   #537
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
This is the guy that over the last few years launched gt3 and gt4 to support and play second fiddle to gt1 and now has had to use his 'lesser' gt3 teams to prop up the world championship.....dilusional or what!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3053703)   #538
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the sollution for all the ELMS weak grids problems are the CN prototypes, not the GTs. They are much cheaper than GTs (but less glamourous)
Old 4 Apr 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3053706)   #539
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to a source of mine who is very well informed but wishes to remain anonymous the reason behind the ELMS cancelation of Zolder is more to do with financial issues rather than low entry numbers. Didn't go into specific detail but it is interesting.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3053749)   #540
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
I think that the sollution for all the ELMS weak grids problems are the CN prototypes, not the GTs. They are much cheaper than GTs (but less glamourous)
Are CN protos capable of running a six-hour race?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3053754)   #541
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Ask the SPEED EuroSeries guys ;-)
Old 5 Apr 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3053823)   #542
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
They do in VdeV, so yeah - they are capable.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3054024)   #543
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Are CN protos capable of running a six-hour race?
The past weekend the VdeV had a 6 hours race on Barcelona circuit. The CN prototypes can do endurance with no problems.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3054712)   #544
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ELMS 6 hours castellet

At this addresse a complete report about the race with more than 100 photos:

http://www.connectingrod.it/LeMansSe...ellet_eng.html

Nice reading
Old 7 Apr 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3054775)   #545
Ridders92
Rookie

Ridders92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Well thats a shame, does anyone know more about why they've closed up?
Hi Everyone,

I was going to be working for Jetalliance this year so I am very dissapointed that they are not racing this year. Basically Jetalliance were going to be running Luxury Racing's 458's in WEC but that contract fell through last minute down to Luxury not agreeing with some certain terms. Once Jetalliance found this out they then tried to produce a LMP2 programme with Lola but unfortunately could not find drivers in time for a full season due to the uncertainty of ELMS. They have no cancelled the entry into ELMS and have also given up their spot on the Le Mans reserve list.

They are going to try and do some races with a GT3 Porsche they have this year but are planning for 2013 now.

Hope this clears things up.

Ridders
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3054931)   #546
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridders92 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was going to be working for Jetalliance this year so I am very dissapointed that they are not racing this year. Basically Jetalliance were going to be running Luxury Racing's 458's in WEC but that contract fell through last minute down to Luxury not agreeing with some certain terms. Once Jetalliance found this out they then tried to produce a LMP2 programme with Lola but unfortunately could not find drivers in time for a full season due to the uncertainty of ELMS. They have no cancelled the entry into ELMS and have also given up their spot on the Le Mans reserve list.

They are going to try and do some races with a GT3 Porsche they have this year but are planning for 2013 now.

Ridders
Thanks Ridders. We always enjoying getting inside info on this forum from the well informed! I was hoping to see Jetalliance out this season, but glad to see they are working on next year.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3054944)   #547
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah thanks for the info Ridders. Real shame to see the team and it's staff out of work this year. Will look forward to a return at some point.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3055348)   #548
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ridders92 why didn't they decided to compete on the GT Open this year with the Evora as there will also be Lotus directly involved on the championship?
Old 8 Apr 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3055470)   #549
Ridders92
Rookie

Ridders92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKers View Post
Ridders92 why didn't they decided to compete on the GT Open this year with the Evora as there will also be Lotus directly involved on the championship?
Hi,

I believe that the partnership between Lotus and Jetalliance ended after the season in ILMC (Now ELMS) as the Jetalliance team manager doesn't agree with trying to run a race team from to country's such as Austria and England so this is the only reason that he has told me.

Ridders
Old 9 Apr 2012, 07:12 (Ref:3055658)   #550
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridders92 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Ridders
It sure does clear things up. Thanks for posting up your insight, its always great when team members post up their insider knowledge, its much appreciated by the members of this forum. Shame it didnt come together this year, would love to see Jetalliance back up on their feet like when they were doing well in FIA GT, it seemed to me like their best days.

I take it the GT3 Porsche is the one they have raced in previous years in various enduros like Spa etc?