Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Jun 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3099254)   #576
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKers View Post
So any GT3 interested in the ELMS ???
Will ELMS stop if the +25/30 cars is not reached??
They cant stop , there would be teams left with cars and no place to run them ..... which would have bad effects on sportscar racing I reckon .

Wonder if they could try something like A1GP ..... teams represented by nationalities ..... ??? Make it a nations Eurpoean cup or am I thinking rubbish .....
Old 28 Jun 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3099257)   #577
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
amidst tundra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
They cant stop , there would be teams left with cars and no place to run them ..... which would have bad effects on sportscar racing I reckon .

Wonder if they could try something like A1GP ..... teams represented by nationalities ..... ??? Make it a nations Eurpoean cup or am I thinking rubbish .....
I always found the A1GP series kind of duff, although I think it would be even less practicable in sportscar racing, how many teams would have to swap around driver pairings to have two drivers of the same nationality?
Old 29 Jun 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3100050)   #578
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Donington entry down to 18 cars, #35 Oak LMP2 has been withdrawn.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3100051)   #579
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Donington entry down to 18 cars, #35 Oak LMP2 has been withdrawn.
Don't worry, this will probably have twice as many cars as the 'new' Asian Le Mans Series will have.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3100055)   #580
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Don't worry, this will probably have twice as many cars as the 'new' Asian Le Mans Series will have.
And triple as many as FIA GT3
Old 30 Jun 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3100118)   #581
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Quote:
And triple as many as FIA GT3
LOL
Old 2 Jul 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3100849)   #582
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Marcel ten Caat (nickname 'Stranger' on here, IIRC) via twitter:

Quote:
Also heard this weekend...ELMS will be in good shape next year! (though not necessarily with the same organiser) ;-)
The series needs more cars, that much is clear. I guess its either GT3 or CN prototypes.

Wondering who the new organiser will be though. Speed Euroseries guys? Ratel?
Old 2 Jul 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3100907)   #583
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

The series needs more cars, that much is clear. I guess its either GT3 or CN prototypes.

Merging GT World and ELMS?
Old 2 Jul 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3100930)   #584
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How about this?
Old 3 Jul 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3101520)   #585
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

Stranger nickname gone, posting under my own name nowadays.

As for Speed Euroseries...have been told they will not be with ELMS next year, but will be part of a support package for a different series.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3101552)   #586
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the CN option is the best one:

-It´s a cheap option 100000€ the complete pack, chassis with engine (1/4 of a lmp2 car), and the parts are cheaper than a Clio cup car
-The CN cars are capable to do a 6 hours race
-The CN constructors could go to the major LMP class easily
-You can feed the major classes with new drivers
-New teams
-There are a lot of chassis options
-It remember me the old C3/C-Junior times

...and much more

Last edited by pablocomics; 3 Jul 2012 at 22:02.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3102181)   #587
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been saying that CN cars (named LMP3) should be considered for this or ALMS for years...they are cheap and still and they are not spec...and would probably cause less headaches than allowing more styles of GT cars.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3102203)   #588
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe someone should lure AF Corse to withdraw or switch classes so we could have a really nice balance of brands (Ratel trademark detected)... we've already got spec FLM09 and spec 458 GTC classes, why not spec 997 RSR class

Btw when the weekend comes I'm eagerly waiting for certain someone to say something cheesy like "you know in GT it's not really about quantity, but quality and this grid has plenty of it indeed - and that's all what we've ever wanted really. It will be fascinating to see if one of the GTE-AM cars can actually finishead ahead of GTE-PRO cars, now that would really be something wouldn't it! So what needs to be changed in GT? Nothing! *laughter* Absolutely nothing indeed. And in LMP2, just look at the level of competition there. It's all about variety, it's not spec racing like Formula 1"
Old 5 Jul 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3102393)   #589
Deleted
Veteran

http://www.motorstv.com/sites/defaul...4_20120720.pdf

No proper live coverage of the race on Motors TV either, just ~ two hour slot @ evening. Marvelous
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3102412)   #590
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
2 hours is plenty to watch an 18 car field , imo .
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3102417)   #591
Deleted
Veteran

Fair enough

Motors TV highlights reels tend to be edited kinda lazily though, they cut off entire hours from the middle of the race (whether or not they contain any key moments)
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3102429)   #592
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
2 hours is plenty to watch an 18 car field , imo .
I'm very sure indeed that the 18 car entry so far published is considerably out of date - and not in a good way!

I expect an LMP2 team listed not to be there plus at least one GTE car too to be a no show

Waiting to see on both the LMPCs
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3102432)   #593
Deleted
Veteran

The entry list on LMS website has changed again; #35 Oak is back (again??!! they'll probably change their mind in few days though, just because) but the Prospeed Porsche has been withdrawn

12x LMP2
02x LMPC
02x LMGTE-PRO
02x LMGTE-AM
00x GTC/GT3

Curtis still showing TBAs as drivers so not so sure about them either
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3102439)   #594
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the race likely to go ahead if the entry drops further ? Didn't they cancel Zolder because there weren't 20 cars minimum ? I suppose its too much to ask if any GT3s have shown interest. I'm going Sat / Sun but am beginning to worry somewhat ....
Old 5 Jul 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3102447)   #595
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Is the race likely to go ahead if the entry drops further ? Didn't they cancel Zolder because there weren't 20 cars minimum ? I suppose its too much to ask if any GT3s have shown interest. I'm going Sat / Sun but am beginning to worry somewhat ....
Zolder cancellation was more down to financial issues IIRC but I don't think ACO is even considering of withdrawing this event on such short notice, it would impact the support classes as well.

In any case, I fully expect this to be the poorest attended ACO grid in many many years
Old 5 Jul 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3102584)   #596
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Zolder cancellation was more down to financial issues IIRC but I don't think ACO is even considering of withdrawing this event on such short notice, it would impact the support classes as well.

In any case, I fully expect this to be the poorest attended ACO grid in many many years
The final JLMC race at Okayama in 2007 had 10 entries! But this is looking pretty sad
Old 5 Jul 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3102586)   #597
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The final JLMC race at Okayama in 2007 had 10 entries! But this is looking pretty sad
Don't worry, I'm sure the incredible new Asian Le Mans series will break that record. The ACO has an incredible success rate with Asian series and races.

Almost as good as the SRO's recent record of managing series.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3103587)   #598
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this ELMS grid is so disappointing, I really regret booking flights to this now....should have waited for WEC at silverstone....
Old 8 Jul 2012, 05:18 (Ref:3103624)   #599
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look at the ELMS grid for Donnington myself, HOLY MACKERAL! 18 cars with most being P2s, only 2 each in GTE-Pro and -Am? My word that's disappointing. They should be trying to entice some GT3 teams to bring their machinery along....
Old 8 Jul 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3103659)   #600
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
They should be trying to entice some GT3 teams to bring their machinery along....
Well, thats what thet try since May ...