Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Jul 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3110004)   #801
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I might be imagining things but didn't elms open gtc to gt3 cars as well? Or was that just for Donnington? Because if all gt3's are welcome then there are a few Audi R8's in the US that could be interested. Of course then the class structure will get even crazier with two gtc classes with different rules....
They did open it up (unfortunately) so yeah that is techically possible. Obviously entering a Cup Porsche would be easier and cheaper though as they could just integrate that to the ALMS GTC class. Even one of the US teams could enter for ELMS and get an easy class/championship victory...
Old 23 Jul 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3110288)   #802
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I'd be very, very surprised if the ELMS is accepting new entries at this point... One can't just 'declare' that their car will be an ELMS one.

It's also possible that the offer only extends to full season entries, so it's likely RaceArt that could compete there and that's only if there's a waiver to the rule that says you have to compete in all events to qualify for the championship.

They've got it covered!
Old 24 Jul 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3110587)   #803
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Heres an idea from a P2 team owner . The WEC races in Europe , should let ELMS race in them for ELMS points , 3 races for example , and then let the ELMS organise 2 ELMS stand alone events for a 5 race series .

From the horses mouth .
Old 24 Jul 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3110591)   #804
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a brilliant idea, why didn't anyone ever thought of that before... wait, that is LMS/ILMC 2011!!

While 2012 has been a total disaster, Patrick Peter clearly (and rightfully) made his opinion clear on that particular system last year - you know how ACO totally ignored LMS in those races, both in broadcasts as well as in their PR articles, and carefully made sure that their precious world series took the only headlines

FIA probably doesn't fancy sharing either, may I again point to Spa (and the mess we had at Sebring)

Last edited by Deleted; 24 Jul 2012 at 01:36.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3110617)   #805
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Regardless of what we say ..... that suggestion came from a team owner , and they will be heard before we are ..... if thats what they want , let them have it , plus , it beats this year , doesnt it ?
Old 24 Jul 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3110659)   #806
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Heres an idea from a P2 team owner . The WEC races in Europe , should let ELMS race in them for ELMS points , 3 races for example , and then let the ELMS organise 2 ELMS stand alone events for a 5 race series .

From the horses mouth .
Would that work for Le Mans? - as there would be potential for it to be heavily over subscribed
Old 24 Jul 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3110700)   #807
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Regardless of what we say ..... that suggestion came from a team owner , and they will be heard before we are ..... if thats what they want , let them have it , plus , it beats this year , doesnt it ?
It does, and it's actually word to word of what I've been suggesting before, it's just that ACO needs to do MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better job in recognizing and marketing LMS if they merge the series again even for partial season.

Of course, the second way out is the cancellation of the series which I frankly think is the more probable thing to happen. A least dignifying death is better than a 8 car field of privateer teams fighting it out at Navarra or something
Old 24 Jul 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3110819)   #808
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Would that work for Le Mans? - as there would be potential for it to be heavily over subscribed
I guess WEC would get preferance , or perhaps the top of a certain class ..... dont know Mal .

This is getting beyond me . Please one , upset the other .
Old 24 Jul 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3110832)   #809
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The people who must be really upset are those that turned up at Donington thus fulfilling their contractual obligations that result from putting in a full season entry. As I understand it the talk of canning the rest of the races is not yet confirmed but private teams have contracts with drivers bringing budgets, suppliers of equipment, transporters and all the other things that are required for a team. Have they any legal redress on the ELMS organisers? Unlikely, Is the cost of an entry for Petit being paid for them? They lose two European 6 hours for a 12 hour, I bet someone is saying this balances their budget expectations but I would like to see figures and I agree about sponsors and their markets.

We have relied on the private enthusiast to keep the LM classes going and this fiasco will kill some of them off. Too much empire building going on with commercial operations running series, the FIA needs to reconsider how it licences such operations.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3110862)   #810
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Unlikely, Is the cost of an entry for Petit being paid for them? .
If the team has paid a full season entry fee, and the race is now considered part of the ELMS, their entry fee has been prepaid.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3110898)   #811
The Badger
Veteran

Look at the size of this thread ..... If we as a whole cant come up with something , how the hell can the ACO with all the critics on here ?
Old 24 Jul 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3110915)   #812
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-elms-link-up/
Dagys scored an interview with Scott Atherton, in addition to PLM (which Atherton expects to be near or at full capacity), some of the ELMS teams are in negotiations to run at Baltimore and/or VIR too. Nothing confirmed yet though
Old 24 Jul 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3110966)   #813
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Was there a big crowd?
no! I would guess in the hundreds!!!!
I was all over the circuit and the most at any corner was about a hundred people - we watched the podium ceremony - with about 40-50 other people from the trackside... I flew over from Ireland for this...It was a Ok day out, but I wish I'd held on for WEC...
(Apologies for the late reply to this thread)
Old 24 Jul 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3110994)   #814
Deleted
Veteran

LMS site still shows Brno and Algarve on top, they're fast to react... but you've gotta love these article titles, almost as great as the poorly translated ones on the ACO web site:
COMBINED FINAL FOR ELMS AND ELMS

I also hate how they still insist on calling the series training ground for WEC... it's just a regional series, stop kissing world champ's and FIA's feet

Last edited by joeb; 25 Jul 2012 at 00:54. Reason: moved to proper thread at user request
Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3111660)   #815
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am impressed by positive spin put on this situation in the piece Chiana mentions, it contains this sentence:

"In compensation for this final the ACO and the ELMS are cancelling the last two rounds on the European calendar Brno (Czech Republic) and Algarve (Portugal)".

You see, they are cancelling to help you go to America, I hope that has sunk in now!
Old 25 Aug 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3124655)   #816
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO has just released a press-release confirming that they will take the reign of ELMS for next year.

You can read it at DSC or here (in French).

So, common races for WEC and ELMS next year?
Old 25 Aug 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3124657)   #817
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Solving the problem by moving it closer to the problem, okay.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3124685)   #818
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
So, common races for WEC and ELMS next year?
I've doubt that it would happen if there is some improvements for ELMS next year.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3124690)   #819
Deleted
Veteran

Sounds like they're getting pretty desperate... I just cannot see this championship happening next year, rising up from this deep swamp is too big of a task to do. Even if they do get it going again it's likely gonna be a 14 car grid at HTTT or Slovakiaring or whatever circuit they're doing.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3126353)   #820
The Badger
Veteran

Oh , the doomsayers are out in style again I see .
Old 28 Aug 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3126355)   #821
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A bit like we were earlier this year, of course we were completely wrong and this has been an incredible season of ELMS racing. Can't wait until the 6 Hours of Portimao...Oh wait.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3126375)   #822
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think it is best to wait and see how the ACO proposes to do things differently for next year, before passing armchair judgement. It should seem obvious that some sort of different strategy will be needed, but what that might be, who knows. To do the same thing, and expect different results...
Old 28 Aug 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3126381)   #823
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm just remembering that the ACO took the reins of the JLMC in the 2007/08 off-season, or somewhere thereabouts, and well...
Old 28 Aug 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3126406)   #824
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
instead of spending money for a dead championship wouldn't it be better to help the Euro teams to compete on the wec with that money????
Old 28 Aug 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3126434)   #825
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKers View Post
instead of spending money for a dead championship wouldn't it be better to help the Euro teams to compete on the wec with that money????
There isn't money used to fund the championship, that could be funnelled to helping these teams run WEC. Besides, it is only prudent to maintain a National Championship, and increase the number of cars running in the genre, to support the long-term viability of the sport.