Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2894363)   #1
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LM 2012 - The 'Garage 56' Discussion...

Today announced three new cars, (ACO Sporting Committee decided to create the garage #56 to promote new technologies), that will race next year.

1 -Delta Wing LMP
2 - GreenGT LMP H2
3 -Courage Ø.12 LMP

More news in:
http://www.lemanslive.com/24h-mans/2...ss-conference/

Look at the video to see the 3 car´s
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2894384)   #2
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
3 cars to take 1 garage/grid spot?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2894393)   #3
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I don't understand that either. Unless it's still an open competition between the three entries.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2894400)   #4
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the order of selection for the 56th grid spot. In case the lead car cannot make the race, the other two are reserves. Similar to that of the actual entry list.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2894413)   #5
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what happend to porsch 918 RSR
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2894423)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I am with you on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, the Green and the Courage interest me, who has info on either?

robert
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2894427)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelland View Post
That is the order of selection for the 56th grid spot. In case the lead car cannot make the race, the other two are reserves. Similar to that of the actual entry list.
Are you sure?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:09 (Ref:2894480)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Are you sure?
Here is a quote from the press release:

Quote:
“56th Garage” which will be set aside at next year’s race for cars featuring alternative technologies.
Notice cars was written not car.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2894637)   #9
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
According to John Dagys, the Test Day might return in 2012

Yes...I´ll be there if it does!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2894652)   #10
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Here is a quote from the press release:

Notice cars was written not car.
Also:
Quote:
While today’s announcement of Project 56, the DeltaWing project to be run by Highcroft Racing, has a confirmed entry to next year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, the ACO has selected two reserve entrants for the 56th pit should the program not meet the expectations of the organizers.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...sday-notebook/
Old 10 Jun 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2894862)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some info on the Delta Wing.

http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no238.html
Old 10 Jun 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2894868)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post

+1... far more interesting than the DWP.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2895264)   #13
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have they announced the dates for the 2012 race yet?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2895271)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2nd weekend in June .. unless force majeure

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Jun 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2895392)   #15
TPowers_astonmartian
Rookie

United Kingdom
Little Paxton, Cambridgeshire
TPowers_astonmartian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Just found another link to more info.

http://deltawingracing.com/2011/06/d...ical-features/

I'm not sure about the shape, however I guess a prototype is a prototype and as long as it sticks to the rules and regulations, then it can race! An interesting concept all the same. Any links for the other two possibles?
Old 11 Jun 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2895507)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its a 2 seat F1 car on steroids !!!

Horrible .
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2897671)   #17
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My friend at Scuderia

Is this for real? Tired of messing around. 2012 might be the year?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by ujoint; 13 Jun 2011 at 00:53.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2897677)   #18
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
Is this for real? Tired of messing around.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
i wish, oh how i wish. That picture is however a photoshop, you can tell by the wheels
Old 13 Jun 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2897689)   #19
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
i wish, oh how i wish. That picture is however a photoshop, you can tell by the wheels
It looks real to me. You may be right on the photoshop though as nothing could possibly look that cool from damn near anybody. I am not sure where I found that photo exactly. It showed up on the web sometime last winter (jan 2011) if I remember correctly. There is no mention of this as a LM car in Ferrari land. Rumors are rumors. Right?

Last edited by ujoint; 13 Jun 2011 at 01:21.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2898652)   #20
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this before as we have a lot of threads on the topic, but there are some new photos of the GreenGT LMPH2 that I have not seen before. Also, there are videos of Christian Pescatori (former Audi driver) testing the test car at Pau and at Le Mans. It's pretty interesting.

It's a great looking concept car, I'm not sure what the final product will look like though. What do you guys think about the sound the thing makes?

Does anyone want to put a stopwatch to see how fast this thing goes down the Mulsanne as compared to current LMP2s and GTEs?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11106133...24-hours-of-le
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2898762)   #21
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks, I had seen that, I guess the Lemans lap was just added (??). I saw the prior video at Pau. It is impressive. It is also 'early days.'

I have been unlucky at finding info on Courage, and I swear I remember an announcement a year or so ago that Courage was working on something like that.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2898778)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let all three of them in! We can live without one F430 and one 911.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2899170)   #23
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ferrari images are definitely photoshops. I saw them on another site close to a year ago where it was said that they were created by a young designer. Complete fantasy, but great looking.

As for the car chosen I don't get it. There are two other cars that are truly pushing the boundaries of alternative fuels and propulsion and they choose something that is so weirdly shaped that even the idiots that run Indy could see that it was a bad idea. I'm hoping for change as much as anybody but I'm not so desperate that I want Ace and Gary's penis car http://http://www.ridelust.com/wp-co...nis_mobile.jpgfrom "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" cartoons trying to get around LeMans. I don't understand how a strangely shaped car is helpful to the automobiles future.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2899176)   #24
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
As for the car chosen I don't get it. There are two other cars that are truly pushing the boundaries of alternative fuels and propulsion and they choose something that is so weirdly shaped that even the idiots that run Indy could see that it was a bad idea. I'm hoping for change as much as anybody but I'm not so desperate that I want Ace and Gary's penis car from "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" cartoons trying to get around LeMans. I don't understand how a strangely shaped car is helpful to the automobiles future.
Agree, I'm not sure what the point is. There are a lot of other ways to design a lightweight LMP car. I don't know why they have to go for such a strange shape. Maybe your image was the comedic skit that inspired the Deltawing. Well, either that or it was this comedy sketch (hilarious, but probably not safe for work).
Old 15 Jun 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2899552)   #25
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
If I remember correctly, the plaque next to the GreenGT in the Le Mans to the future stand read: 2 motors of 300 kW each = 600 kW. Battery capacity = 120 kWh. That means it can run for 120/600 hours on full power. That means every 12 minutes they need a recharge/battery change. No matter how good the KERS-system they use is, it will be rather pathetic to watch. Or not to watch, because they will be in the pits more than anything else!