Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jan 2015, 16:49 (Ref:3498029)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Spa 6 Hour.

Prompted by Simon. I will start this years thread." I must not hit any MGB's up the back this year".
Old 27 Jan 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3498032)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thinl obligated to post something having prompted this thread... Iain can I ask you to add Jaguar Mk2's to your list of cars to avoid hitting?!
Old 27 Jan 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3498053)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Having watched the in-car of Mr Rowley, Simon, a tip to avoid getting hit- don't try and outbrake him going into La Source, then plough straight across his bows as he turns in!

Old 28 Jan 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3498285)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
what licence grade do you need for this race?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 15:19 (Ref:3498286)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Claire you need a Nat A licence.. and Mike thanks for the top tip, I now know better than to attempt outbraking the dream team ;o)
Old 30 Jan 2015, 09:43 (Ref:3499029)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Will you be accepted if you don't have a V8 or MGB?
Old 30 Jan 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3499084)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Will you be accepted if you don't have a V8 or MGB?
I reckon they would rather more people followed Simon and my example, and entered something different!

Haven't heard if entry list full yet, it was very quickly last year........

Old 30 Jan 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3499170)   #8
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I reckon they would rather more people followed Simon and my example, and entered something different!

Haven't heard if entry list full yet, it was very quickly last year........

I gather that our entry is secured .... sorry, but it's an MGB ... please don't hit it Iain, it's not mine!
Old 30 Jan 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3499223)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
I gather that our entry is secured .... sorry, but it's an MGB ... please don't hit it Iain, it's not mine!
Just keep out of his way then!

Great to hear that you are doing the 6, James. Hopefully more Tenthers as well!
Old 3 Feb 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3500554)   #10
Bruce Chambers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Bruce Chambers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just keep out of his way then!

Great to hear that you are doing the 6, James. Hopefully more Tenthers as well!
I've entered an Elva Courier, so still MGB powered.....
Old 3 Feb 2015, 20:33 (Ref:3500563)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Excellent Bruce, we've got a Tenths team! Don't suppose they have a team prize....
Old 7 Feb 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3502156)   #12
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hopefully more Tenthers as well!
We should be there in the Marcos again, assuming it is in one piece after Zandvoort HGP. Going to be a busy month if we get a Revival invite too.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3515489)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Something to talk about regarding Spa 6hrs- the left side 'run off' at Radillon has been seriously modified to discourage useage!

There is a pic on the Sportscar thread titled 'Track changes at Spa'.......

Ouch!
Old 15 Mar 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3515518)   #14
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
easy answer - don't take liberties! slightly more difficult for some of us amateurs and clubbies but the pros should have no trouble keeping off it.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3515521)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
easy answer - don't take liberties! slightly more difficult for some of us amateurs and clubbies but the pros should have no trouble keeping off it.
Yes but that turns a get out of jail free card into a one way trip to the tyre wall.
It's all OK saying be more careful but we make mistakes and a mistake with those strips will affect everyone else's race when the safety car is brought out for god knows how many laps.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3515546)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I'm with Tim- it was one place where I was pleased to know that in the event of an error on my part OR someone else's, there was a chance of continuing! Will be interesting to see what happens when the F1 circus visits, though.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 15 Mar 2015 at 18:17.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3515547)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No way they are going to stay . I recon there for the track day guys .
Old 15 Mar 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3515615)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I'll judge them after I've seen them first-hand in June.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 02:29 (Ref:3515669)   #19
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You chaps are obviously relatively recent visitors to Spa with all the F1 'safety improvements' which allow poor drivers to get way with murder. Apart from the Busstop changes, when I first went, there was a wall on the outside of Blanchiment, gravel on both sides at Radillion and at Pouhon. That sorted out those with balls from those who now throw a car at a corner and hope.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3515692)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

I think they will stay Iain.Various ideas were bandied around last year.Think the changes might have come around from suggestions by some 'trackday guys' though.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 10:41 (Ref:3524304)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, what's the latest on them speed bumps, Terence?

The thread on another section of the forum suggested they were in place for one particular event........

Old 7 Apr 2015, 08:12 (Ref:3524580)   #22
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they have now been removed following that one event.

I heard there had been a major red flag incident there.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 10:42 (Ref:3524633)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think youll find your la source of info incorrect
They were not put in for one event, besides which there is no reason for anyone (other than getting the entry wrong) to be there.
They do not launch cars as can be seen in the photos, there is plenty of tarmac in between the strips for the suspension to settle.
Old 20 Apr 2015, 05:20 (Ref:3529193)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Just so some can start getting a better nights sleep. Spent a gloriously sunny but windy day at Spa on Saturday.It seems that the bonding system for the stips at Leradillion was not as specified so they have been removed (dont worry theres still time for them to be replaced)
Exit of La Source though the system used was correct so they remain.
Old 20 Apr 2015, 06:02 (Ref:3529201)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I popped in on my way back from hockenheim and dug them up .