Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Apr 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2665083)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
^ usually I agree with you and what you say is 100% logical but why then is the grid doing just fine in terms of car count without any assistance from the series to the teams year? I would not have believed 24+ car grids for this year if you had told me that last fall.
The only sensible reason of Penske's idea to keep the old chassis a little longer is to keep the car count up. Surely not all the current teams could afford to buy all new hardware, but they want to be in Indycar. Perhaps new sponsors would be interested in new teams though if the series was seen as more relevant?
I would like to see the owners take ownership of the series (really) and each owner get one vote for all policy and regulation decisions, that way CG and RP couldn't steamroll everyone. Give each chassis, tire (!), and engine manufacturer a vote as well.
24 cars that can win or a bunch of old boats out there running on TEAM welfare and pay drivers we've never heard of?