Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2883637)   #26
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why Andrea Bertolini does not drive this year, Bartels team partner? ... (I know that Bertolini brive Supertars series, but he was before the start of the season Vita4One designated driver.)
Old 21 May 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2883656)   #27
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he probably drives where Maserati tell him to drive .. and he's driving a Maserati in Superstars so that makes sense

Ciao Marco
Old 22 May 2011, 03:54 (Ref:2883737)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Autosport mag in the uk, in the latest issue mclaren say 'we are in no rush' to roll out the mp4-12c. Also has it been homologated yet? So might not see it until the Silverstone round of Blancpain, 'maybe' a Spa 24H appearence The article also mentions a British GT appearance or 2
Thanks. Oh well we'll see it sometime this year but really hope the car races at Spa.
Old 22 May 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2883800)   #29
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alright for those who aren't privvy with timezones and working out the math can anyone tell me how many hours until green?
Old 22 May 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2883829)   #30
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One, I think (from this post)
Old 22 May 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2883860)   #31
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
those Ginettas do burn well don't they

Ciao Marco
Old 22 May 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2883862)   #32
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Introducing the Ginetta G50 turbo grill!
Old 22 May 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2883887)   #33
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good racing in this championship.

Just saw Prince Albert Thurn und Taxis getting frisky with his Lamborghini.
Filipe Alburquerque taking the 2nd spot on the podium ahead of Paolo Ruberti in the Porsche.
Old 22 May 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2883903)   #34
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Vita4one back to winning ways?
Old 22 May 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2883909)   #35
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
good race, not as close as Monza but good example of endurance racing. The apparent lack of interest worries me slightly - I can't understand why there'd be more interest in the official European GT3 series over this - but really looking forward to the Spa 24 Hours, especially if anything like the predicted entry list shows up.
Old 22 May 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2883911)   #36
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what happened?
Old 22 May 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2883957)   #37
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
good race, not as close as Monza but good example of endurance racing. The apparent lack of interest worries me slightly - I can't understand why there'd be more interest in the official European GT3 series over this - but really looking forward to the Spa 24 Hours, especially if anything like the predicted entry list shows up.
Agree, this series provides some of the best sports car action out there, and along with other great national championships like ADAC Masters, the FIA GT3 European Championship has become pointless, really boring and predictable as well. Looking forward to the Spa 24 Hours this year.
Old 22 May 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2883959)   #38
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Hopefully they get more commentators for the Spa 24H....other than that I hope this series can really pick up and gain more of the longer endurance races and become a proper world championship series.
Old 22 May 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2883962)   #39
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
and become a proper world championship series.
I don't know what is with the obsession to turn all sportscar championships to "world championships", just so they can turn too costly for most of the competitors and ruin a good thing.
Old 22 May 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2883984)   #40
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I don't know what is with the obsession to turn all sportscar championships to "world championships", just so they can turn too costly for most of the competitors and ruin a good thing.
I'd tend to agree, for the most part. GT3 chassis already have their own (albeit unofficial/pseudo) world series, anyway.

These teams already have the option of (providing funding is forthcoming, obviously) competing in several large endurance events across the world (e.g. Nürburgring, Spa, Dubai, Hungary, Barcelona, Sepang, Bathurst etc + Daytona, as of next year).

Not to mention the various national championships already listed by others.
Old 22 May 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2884020)   #41
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Totally agree. Problem is the organizers sniff World Championship and the apparent bundles of money it gives. Unfortunately, it is normally short lived in most areas and the interest dies quickly when half of the teams can't travel to Kyalami or Buenos Aires, and there aren't enough locals to make the grid higher then 15 cars.

The current combo of International / European races with National Championships is a good mixture.

But FIA will never listen. They'll push for World status, probably try to sink GT Masters, and other local championships with huge prizes, a lot of teams will go thinking they'll win nice money and 2/3/4 years later the thing turns sour.

I am, of course, looking forward to Spa. Should be wonderful.
I was at Portimão for the first round of the FIA GT3 championship. I wasn't paying much attention at the race itself, since I was partly busy with other commitments, but the cars are great, and there's still a following. They could merge the 2 but I'd hope they would expand the schedule to include some other circuits, like Portimão :P
Old 23 May 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2884259)   #42
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stream of the race too, which again begs the question, why on earth can't the ACO do something similar for any of their affiliates, which theoretically, should have an even bigger audience?
Old 23 May 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2884296)   #43
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Agree, this series provides some of the best sports car action out there, and along with other great national championships like ADAC Masters, the FIA GT3 European Championship has become pointless, really boring and predictable as well. Looking forward to the Spa 24 Hours this year.
on the contrary. Awesome teams and cars and variety in fia gt3 as well. They just need to figure out how to equalize the performances of the cars. Blancpain on the other hand has too many classes (ferrari challenge and porsche cup added like there werent enough classes aready). Its really pointless to have these two european gt series, because many teams dont have the budget to race in both, and many great teams have already left the gt3ec. A great, great shame. Creating this new series was not a good idea imho, there should be just the spa 24h with gt2 gt3 gt4 and maybe also gt1 class. imho.