Old 9 Dec 2007, 23:43 (Ref:2085173)   #1
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Of Champions

Hi Guys
What channel in the UK will be broadcasting the race of champions? Will it be live?
Old 10 Dec 2007, 01:14 (Ref:2085200)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sky Sports 2 from 1:30pm I believe.

Live, yes.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 10:55 (Ref:2085415)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Damn it, I haven't got SS2. I was hoping it would be on Eurosport.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 13:19 (Ref:2085517)   #4
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already have it on record on sky+
Old 10 Dec 2007, 13:40 (Ref:2085529)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never mind Super Hans.

I will give you a full report of my Carlton Kirby free RoC viewing next week.

I am sure it will be repeated on another SS channel? Thing is, it is a long event so it would be condensed.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 14:48 (Ref:2085605)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SKY's A1GP hostess Georgie Thompson will be presenting the coverage from SKY, which will be ok I suppose.

MURRAY WALKER will be SKY's commentator for the Event which will be great !!!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2085648)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Georgie Thompson.

Murray Walker. (different reasons)
Old 10 Dec 2007, 16:06 (Ref:2085709)   #8
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've not found any other threads about the RoC for those who are attending so I thought I'd provide some useful information, Mods feel free to move this post or copy and paste it into the right thread if you like.

I just phoned Wembley to find out about Cameras, medication and Food/Drink.

They Said:

Cameras. No SLR Big lense type cameras but small compact digitals are OK.

Medication. If you are on prescription meds and can prove it they will be allowed in, one of our group is insulin dependant so taking in Needles and syringes could've been a pain, so make sure you have proof!

Food/Drink. Snacks and Sandwiches are OK. Make sure that your sarnies are in clear plastic bags or cling film so that they can be identified as sandwiches and not mistaken for Semtex.

Drink must be carried in clear plastic disposable bottles and the lids will be removed on entry.

Hope that helps y'all I'm gettin really excited about this, looking at the lineup it's going to be the best RoC ever!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 16:08 (Ref:2085712)   #9
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshgal_2006
Already have it on record on sky+
I've just set my Sky+ and it's going to take 20% of the hard drive space, I've only got 12% left, I'd better get clearing off some space, still got the DTM and F3 full season reviews to get through
Old 10 Dec 2007, 16:27 (Ref:2085736)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone think it'll occur to the FA to relay the pitch before the next football match?
Old 10 Dec 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2085743)   #11
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
LOL Apparently the RoC organisation has to spend £150,000 relaying a new pitch when they've finished with it, which probably explains why Wembley never bothered sorting it out before the Wussball, why bother when someone else will foot the bill soon after?
Old 10 Dec 2007, 16:49 (Ref:2085762)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
am looking forward to this one, should be a good day out. Got mid tier tickets so hopefully be a good / reasonable view.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 13:30 (Ref:2086496)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got a great seat very close to where the cars come on to the track. Not looking forward to the 14 hour bus ride down but am very much looking forward to the event!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2087078)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
No SLR's? Why not? That's just ridiculous - "no cameras that will allow you to take a picture you might want to keep"
Old 12 Dec 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2087289)   #15
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Don't shoot the messenger Bert I'm just trying to avoid people beind disappointed when they get there. You can get pretty good quality compact cameras these days with a good zoom etc for less than a hundred quid so it's not the end of the world although I fully understand the frustration, rules is rules. I find the "Lids will be removed from bottles" rule more petty and is obviously just a blatent attempt at making people pay extortionate prices for drinks when they are trapped inside.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 18:28 (Ref:2087385)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Race of Champions itself (not the Nations Cup) will be shown on EuroSport the next day and again on the 23rd for those who are interested.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 08:07 (Ref:2087716)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets have finally arrived and sorted out parking / transport now, looking forward to it.

Also just seen this post in another thread on here which may be useful for people re cameras

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=152
Old 14 Dec 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2088832)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
My long bus journey will begin this evening! The draw for the Nations Cup is as follows:

Sebastien Bourdais (France) vs Henning Solberg (Norway)
Yvan Muller (France) vs Petter Solberg (Norway)
Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) vs Tom Kristensen (Scandinavia)
Marcus Gronholm (Finland) vs Mattias Ekstrom (Scandinavia)
David Coulthard (Scotland) vs Jenson Button (England)
Alister McRae (Scotland) vs Andy Priaulx (England)
Jimmie Johnson (USA) vs Michael Schumacher (Germany)
Travis Pastrana (USA) vs Sebastian Vettel (Germany)

RoC draw is tommorow apparantly.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 20:16 (Ref:2089018)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Johnson vs. Schumacher. That's one hell of a draw.

Button against Coulthard is pretty funky as well. Jenson will be glad to be driving cars that handle well.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 22:37 (Ref:2089121)   #20
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why and more to the point how does Andy Priaulx manage to represent England when it's well known that he's from Guernsey in the Channel Islands.

The Channel Islands are British Crown Dependancies just like the Isle of Man, and are certainly not part of England.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 22:38 (Ref:2089123)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Has the man himself complained of this?
Old 14 Dec 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2089135)   #22
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I'm just curious as to why someone who's not English would want to associate themselves with England
Old 14 Dec 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2089143)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He is only a Channel Islander when he loses the title.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 23:29 (Ref:2089180)   #24
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Depending on the car they'll be using there's gonna be some bloomin close battles there, Muller vs Solberg will be an awesome tussle especially if it's in the RoC Buggies.

Man I'm excited about this can't wait to get there.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 12:25 (Ref:2089436)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Right, I've buckled and purchased the additional Sky Channels so I can watch this. An additional £8 a month. At the moment, I seem to have gained World Pool, Ladies Golf and WWE Wrestling. Hmm. Still, A1 GP is on in a bit, and I've never seen it before.