Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Dec 2007, 14:05 (Ref:2089477)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You won't look back, I promise.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 14:13 (Ref:2089483)   #27
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
You won't look back, I promise.

+1

I only got Sky Sports for A1GP and it's well worth it I've nevr missed an A1 race since it started
Old 16 Dec 2007, 02:39 (Ref:2089772)   #28
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
I'm just curious as to why someone who's not English would want to associate themselves with England

a wish to better themself?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 10:56 (Ref:2089859)   #29
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Jenson Button has described the Race of Champions as 'like driving a go-kart round your living room'. I guess he means it's quite tight.

Or is he just boasting that his living room is the size of a football pitch?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 11:10 (Ref:2089869)   #30
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least in Association Football, players from the Channel Islands can choose any of the home nations to play for. Hence Le Tissier and Le Saux playing for England.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 14:51 (Ref:2089946)   #31
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
am looking forward to this one, should be a good day out. Got mid tier tickets so hopefully be a good / reasonable view.
Phew that was close, only just got back from the A1GP races in China in time to take up my favourite seat on the left-hand side of the settee to catch the opening races!

Great view from there. What about Travis Pastrana beating Seb Vettel in the Astons? The guy is really cool. He's won championships and X Games gold medals in so many different events, including supercross, motocross, freestyle motocross, and this year won the American Rally Championship!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2089974)   #32
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Germany take the Nation's Cup, I'm not surry about Sky's coverage however.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2090055)   #33
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Just got home. Fantastic event, well worth a visit. Being a bit of a tightwad I decided to got for the £35 seats which weren't quite up in the gods. To be honest I think I got a better view from there than I would have done if I'd spent twice as much. The place was maybe half full, perhaps down to the high ticket price?

The whole show was very well run. Martin Haven and another guy (didn't catch his name) acting as MC. Between the various stages of the competition they ran car/bike stunt shows and demo run for DTM/WTCC/Le Mans/F1 cars, so very little occasion when there was nothing to watch.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:09 (Ref:2090073)   #34
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I completely agree - it was everything I'd hoped the GP Masters would've been!

The sound of the DTM and F1 cars reverberating around Wembley is something that will stay with me a long time. That and Heikki going sideways across the line!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:09 (Ref:2090074)   #35
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we paid for the £70 seats and the view was ace, amazing view much better than the people who paid more (we went a walked down there as no-one was man-ing the gates) but we went back to previous seats.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2090077)   #36
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Yeah, the cheap seats seemed to be the best - I had £37.50 tickets way up in the high stands and the view was immense. Maybe one day they'll build a full Grand Prix circuit where you can see the whole event from one seat
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:27 (Ref:2090086)   #37
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
For those who went, did you spot the error with the stadium plan in the programme?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:40 (Ref:2090096)   #38
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Can't see it - give us a clue!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:45 (Ref:2090103)   #39
redshoes
Veteran

Find the entrance you came in through or the block you seat was in.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2090108)   #40
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Hmmm - can't see a problem on mine?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:52 (Ref:2090110)   #41
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
Maybe one day they'll build a full Grand Prix circuit where you can see the whole event from one seat
Indianappolis!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2090113)   #42
redshoes
Veteran

Now look at the layout of the track relative to where you seat is.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2090118)   #43
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
D'oh!! Hah, classic. The cold air must have affected my eyes or something!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 22:06 (Ref:2090127)   #44
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I hate to say it, but Murray Walker was very poor. He made countless errors, and barely seemed to understand what was going on.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2090154)   #45
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was under the impression that this was to be a SkySports production, but it was pretty clear that SKY were having to dance to a World Feed tune that they clearly didn't have control of.
I'm afraid that I have to agree that this type of fast moving event is a bit much for Murray these days. A nice idea in having him but unfortunately it ultimately detracted rather than added to the TV coverage.

I was surprised by a comment about the speeds being higher (I can't remember the exact phrase used) than previous years in Paris, when you consider how much more "floor space" the Stade de France has with the Athletics track surrounding the football/rugby pitch. I found that remark to be curious to say the least.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 23:39 (Ref:2090167)   #46
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Well that was suerly the best motorsport event I have ever been to, there were 50,000 of us in there and the atmosphere was fantastic. If you didn't make it this year, start saving for next year NOW! it's well worth it. The Colin McRae tribute was most fitting and I was fighting back the tears, the rest of the racing was amazing. We had a great tme and Mrs Jonbot=y is already planning next years visit.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 23:57 (Ref:2090180)   #47
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Here ya go guys sorry for the poor quality.

This Focus broke on the first display lap before the racing had even started LOL

[snip]

Mod note: I have removed the links to the photo as they go against our rules due to their size. Please feel free to add them back using thumbnails or descriptive links. See our

Last edited by Craig; 17 Dec 2007 at 15:34.
Old 17 Dec 2007, 08:22 (Ref:2090345)   #48
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry but from the TV pics there was no way there were 50 000 people in there - the stadium was nowhere near half full - I'd say nearer 10 000 ie under quarter full - any official figures ?

Interesting that the cheaper seats gave the better view - good job it didn't rain though !
Old 17 Dec 2007, 08:46 (Ref:2090355)   #49
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066
Seb Bourdais YOU SUCK
You expected him to do the whole race with a throttle stuck open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josvandeperre
I'm sorry but from the TV pics there was no way there were 50 000 people in there - the stadium was nowhere near half full - I'd say nearer 10 000 ie under quarter full - any official figures ?
The TV pictures may have been deceptive as the cheaper sections at the top were much fuller than those closer to ground level. From where I was sitting half full is a fair estimate.
Old 17 Dec 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2090454)   #50
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I saw on telly the stadium was reasonably full, but you can hardly expect it to sell out with the prices they were charging.

Watched bits of it on telly but these kind of events dont really do it for me, any time when you can only see cars in first and second gears are a bit boring, they should use shale or somehow get the cars sliding as its so dull to watch.

Great for the closet motorsport fan but I was bored watching it on tv, so God knows what it would ahve been like in the cold having to put up with endless replays and inane interviews!