Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 19 Dec 2007, 13:14 (Ref:2091940)   #76
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wembley stadium is a hole!!!

the food was over priced and the staff had not actually cooked enogh for the break!

That said, the event was fab, had a great day and would go again. Shame it was at wembley, our national stadium is a unimpressive disgrace
Old 19 Dec 2007, 13:26 (Ref:2091944)   #77
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats my only beef to be honest, not heard many good vibes about the place, and I use of word of mouth to decide about many of these things!

Such a white elephant, such a shame!!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 14:08 (Ref:2091954)   #78
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah my only critisim of the event was the poor quality of Wembley's own facilities.

The evnt itself was spectacular and I'll definately go again but.............

When the gates opened at 1200 they didn't have any hot food cooked. I'd have thought that they would have lined up loads of hot food before everyone came in but that would make too much sense I s'pose

Then, during the break, they ran out of Lids for the cups, then Hot Chocolate, then Tea Bags, then sugar, then milk all the while the man standing there shouting out what they had run out of was just pressing buttons on the drinks dispenser. He could have gone off and got supplies but it seemed he felt more gainfully employed by shouting out what they didn't have rather than going to restock!

Then magically about 15 minutes after the start of the Champion of Champions race they suddenly found Lids, Chocolate, Tea, Milk, Sugar etc

Very bad organisation! No-one seemed to be in charge, or whoever was, was hiding.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 15:43 (Ref:2091984)   #79
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Far, faaaar too expensive sadly.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2092021)   #80
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wembley was always like that, it is not specific to the new stadium.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 16:49 (Ref:2092033)   #81
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
What? Expensive?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2092034)   #82
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Not sure that this thread actually belongs here. Not sure where it belongs really. So I'll move it to Trackside... feel free to move it on from there if you wish!
Old 6 Jan 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2100565)   #83
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this thread...not sure what you all expect from what is a football stadium! After being to the Stadium of Light in Sunderland about 200 times, I am used to queuing for drinks and the toilet. It's best to take your own food, the stuff served at football grounds isn't worth eating, and certainly not worth paying a fiver or so for! I took a sandwich for lunch, a sausage roll for tea, and sweets for inbetween. Worked fine.

I thought it was a great day out. I got a £35 ticket and the view was excellent, I was just to the left of the start-finish line. The lower you are, the worse the view would have been. If it's held at Wembley again this year, I would definitely try and go again. The ticket cost I thought was great value considering it is an annual event and lasted for a good 6 hours. Only downer was that my water was confiscated (why?) and the bottles of water at the stadium were £1.80. Which is shocking really, but it's Wembley and London so you have to expect such crazy prices.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2100588)   #84
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was pretty low and had a great view! I too was left of the start/finish line, so I must have been just below you. I had a £75 ticket.

It is best to bring your own food though. I had water with me but they didn't take it off me, onmly the lid! I knocked it over and spilled most of it which was a right pain. Don't see why I couldn't take the lid in...
Old 6 Jan 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2100689)   #85
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next time take a few spare lids with you!!
Old 7 Jan 2008, 08:43 (Ref:2101054)   #86
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Only downer was that my water was confiscated (why?) and the bottles of water at the stadium were £1.80. Which is shocking really, but it's Wembley and London so you have to expect such crazy prices.
If you're used to going to football grounds, I'm surprised you hadn't expected this.....I've had lids taken in the past as well as lids being removed when buying drinks inside the stadium.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2101130)   #87
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never been in a stadium before, so it was news to me.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2135285)   #88
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some here may want to check - we paid £75 each for tickets but found out later we were sat in an area where the tickets sold for £55 each and so the RoC organisers have refunded £20 each per ticket - could be worth just double checking.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2428579)   #89
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Race of Champions drops Wembley...

Quote:
Race of Champions organisers have dropped Wembley Stadium as the venue for the end-of-season all-star event.

Event boss Fredrik Johnsson revealed to AUTOSPORT that a new venue would be announced in the coming weeks, and that Wembley had been dropped after two events owing to a decline in spectator numbers.

"It has been really good to work with Wembley, but we've got five different proposals for next year," said Johnsson.

"Last year, we thought we would get a bigger crowd because the first year at Wembley was 50,000. But in the end we had only 48,000 despite the fact that we had a better starting line-up and a better campaign, so we decided that it was time to move.

"Looking at the five different options, there were many good ones and we hope to finalise a deal within the next few weeks."
Old 30 Mar 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2428732)   #90
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I can't say I'm surprised, there were enough complaints over price in the first year and things didn't really change in '08. Looking on the website about a month before the event you couldn't buy the cheaper seats yet from the pictures I saw they clearly weren't sold out.

The comment "despite the fact that we had a better starting line-up" shows to me that they don't understand their audience. For me the decision to go or not wasn't based on the fact that [insert favourite driver] was or wasn't racing, and I suspect the same is true of many people here.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2428790)   #91
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I'm disappointed that the RoC is moving on from Wembley. I went both years it was held there and had a brilliant time both times. Maybe if the want to come back to the UK they could find a venue that won't put so many people off over ticket prices, but I guess they would want a "prestigious" venue like Wembley.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2442097)   #92
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RoC 2009 - Beijing

The 2009 Race of Champions will be held at Beijing, immediately after Formula 1's inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, organisers announced today...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74486
Old 16 Apr 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2442219)   #93
Suze
Veteran

England
Hms don't think will make it this year! Could be a good move though.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2442416)   #94
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This decision makes no sense. It's being held in a country that can't sell out it's Grand Prix, it's in a dodgy time zone on a weekday so most of Europe will be at work during the event, and it's a few days after the last GP, so that F1 drivers will be less likely to do it. I'd put this one down as a suicidal move.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2442983)   #95
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, its a particually 'interesting' move. Personally i'd like to see it back in Gran Canaria. Thems were the dayz!
Old 3 Nov 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2574988)   #96
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Congratulations to Mr Schumacher and Mr Vettel on winning the Nations Cup for Germany

They beat USA in the semi, and GB in the final.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79996
Old 4 Nov 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2575632)   #97
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just watching the ROC live and john hindhaugh was talking about schumacher not being allowed to drive anything thats not in the FIAT group.
schumacher has just raced in a KTM?
anyone know anymore about it?
Old 4 Nov 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2575682)   #98
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Jenson Button   
Jenson Button  
Andy Priaulx   
 Mattias Ekström (2) 
Mattias Ekström   
Mattias Ekström  
Tom Kristensen   
  Mattias Ekström
Sebastian Vettel   
Sebastian Vettel  
David Coulthard   
  Michael Schumacher (0) 
Michael Schumacher   
 Michael Schumcaher  
Miko Hirvonen   

DéjÃ*-vu? I was in Wembley in 2007 when Schumacher went head-to-head with Ekström in the Champion of Champions Final, and once again the DTM driver has come out on top. Maybe next year Michael!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
just watching the ROC live and john hindhaugh was talking about schumacher not being allowed to drive anything thats not in the FIAT group.
schumacher has just raced in a KTM?
anyone know anymore about it?
I was wondering that myself. Apparently Schumacher was allowed to drive the X-Bow because KTM are independent of any of Fiat's rivals.