Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 May 2008, 10:51 (Ref:2212900)   #1
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton park 26th may Thanks

I would like to say a MASSIVE thankyou to all my fellow marshals, for your support and well wishes, jokes and all.
Although I managed to get a race, (albeit only 3 laps) the warm reception I got from the marshaling post as I joined the parade lap, then green flag and of course race start, was overwhelming, I don't even think a surgeon could have removed the smile from my face.
seeing it from a racing drivers view, it is really nice knowing that you PRO's are out there.
Again THANKYOU
(I may have not been the fastest out there, but I was having some serious fun)

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 27 May 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2212901)   #2
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't there to see your race mate but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Was it a technical failure that caused your race to end after 3 laps or is that all the laps you got in because you just overtaken that many times

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 27 May 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2212910)   #3
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was caused by a mad Mini wanting to learn to swim (it went into the lake!). At least you got a start, Tony.
Old 27 May 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2212911)   #4
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
It was caused by a mad Mini wanting to learn to swim (it went into the lake!). At least you got a start, Tony.
You beat me to it, I was a reserve and manage to get to race by a previous red flag, the mad mini was Robert Spenser No. 93 a number people thought it was me going for a swim as I was No. 94.
did anyone get or know of any pictures of ME out on circuit?

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 27 May 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2212918)   #5
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah! No longer the race virgin then Tony? Congrats on getting a start! Will see you on the 21st June
Old 27 May 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2212941)   #6
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit bull
You beat me to it, I was a reserve and manage to get to race by a previous red flag, the mad mini was Robert Spenser No. 93 a number people thought it was me going for a swim as I was No. 94.
did anyone get or know of any pictures of ME out on circuit?
Afraid not, was too busy with the Morgan that scared us witless and allowed you to race!
Old 27 May 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2212951)   #7
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
A stranger saw my email addy on the car a sent me some piccys.
heres one, as you can see, no-one near me (this must have been when I was leading the race )

Old 27 May 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2212980)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit bull
(this must have been when I was leading the race )
On my calculation, if the race had gone full distance you'd have been the second car to take the chequered flag!

Best moment of my day was when I saw your car starting to move down the pit lane ready for the restart. Thanks for the message you asked race control to pass on - it was very much appreciated; I'm sure the flaggies enjoyed blue-flagging you!
Old 27 May 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2213142)   #9
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well done mate. You did yourself and your fellow Marshals proud. We were hoping you get the chance to get on the grid, be it yesterday or next time.

Looking forward to the next one.
Old 27 May 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2213454)   #10
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
Having spent bank holiday Monday driving back from Nurburgring (and a few hours on the side of a French motorway and in a French Renault dealers, long story ) I haven't heard any tales about this race. Can someone expand the details about the Mini in the lake! Was Troy Tempest driving it? (You'll have to be of a certain age to get that one! )

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 27 May 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2213509)   #11
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
Having spent bank holiday Monday driving back from Nurburgring (and a few hours on the side of a French motorway and in a French Renault dealers, long story ) I haven't heard any tales about this race. Can someone expand the details about the Mini in the lake! Was Troy Tempest driving it? (You'll have to be of a certain age to get that one! )
slightly better info here
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=106737&page=4

Old 27 May 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2213512)   #12
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st go was red flagged due to a Morgan that got clipped in the rear end on way from lakeside to us at Island, missing the flag point by a few feet and hammering the end of the tyres in the inside (we were running the island config for a change too!). The morgan ended up in a heap in the middle of the circuit so we got it stopped to deal with it and a somewhat dazed driver. As "our tone" was on the reserve list, this allowed him to start the restart, much to his glee as he came past me shaking both fists in a "YEEEESSSS" type of action

About 3 laps in to that restart and the mini lost it on the way out of cascades. The guys there will be able to tell you better than i can, but what i saw was a mini rolling side over side about 4 times, then went end over end once or twice, vaulting over the barrier and then disappeared from my view. I was flagging with Gordon and not even he has seen anything quite like that. From our view we couldn't tell how close to the marshals that had been, but from the recovery at the end of the day it looked like about 30/40 ft from the post, just about where we used to stand before it was moved at the end of last season!

He was so lucky that landed wheels first, it could have been so much worse. Speaking of which does anyone know how he is? I believe the roll had knocked him unconscious but i've not heard anything other than that. One hell of an odd day all round, and if anyone asks it was all Asp's fault! :roll:
Old 27 May 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2213546)   #13
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done pit bull.just glad you did,nt visit us at druids......hahaha
Old 28 May 2008, 01:21 (Ref:2213583)   #14
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done matey, i was very worried about you after the test day on friday at anglesey but i guess fazza's intercooler pipes worked well! the fiat sticker the the pit bull on the bonnet looked ace, am i classed as a sponsor for that????
i hope the guys all waving at lakeside didnt put u off to much, we needed to cheers ourselves up some way!!!
again well done matey!
Old 28 May 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2213666)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
the fiat sticker the the pit bull on the bonnet looked ace, am i classed as a sponsor for that????
Are you giving him financial support? I'm sure I overheard him saying something about you being a banker...
Old 28 May 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2213739)   #16
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeman62
well done pit bull.just glad you did,nt visit us at druids......hahaha
There was a couple of times when, I think the car wanted too, or was it my poor driving, either way the pot from the which corner lotto is looking good for me

Old 28 May 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2213802)   #17
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How can you say that after only three laps? Your tyres were just getting warm let alone soft so theres loads of opportunity to slide off! Just kidding tony I would like to see you take the pot and a win!
Old 28 May 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2213817)   #18
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Even if I am skillful enough to complete my first FULL race without incident, I know there will be great merriment at the post when I do get it totally wrong (obviuosly without any harm to anyone)

Old 28 May 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2214102)   #19
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done pit bull. Enjoy your first outing??
Old 28 May 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2214146)   #20
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could't marshal on monday because of having to work sunday night till 7am so i came up to spectate about 10am are these any good to you ?

Last edited by Asp; 28 May 2008 at 21:36.
Old 28 May 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2214151)   #21
VT-R
Rookie

England
Yorkshire, England
VT-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
He was so lucky that landed wheels first, it could have been so much worse. Speaking of which does anyone know how he is? I believe the roll had knocked him unconscious but i've not heard anything other than that.
Apparently he's fine, just a bit battered and bruised, which is understandable from the pics/video I've seen!

Did you see the car after it was recovered, was the roof particularly badly crushed? Apparently his helmet had taken quite an impact so I was wondering if he just caught it on part of the cage or if the roof had deformed heavily.
Old 28 May 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2214227)   #22
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know how the Kart driver is it looked a bad crash?
Old 28 May 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2214232)   #23
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart H
Well done pit bull. Enjoy your first outing??
Nah It was terrible

Old 28 May 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2214233)   #24
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F
I could't marshal on monday because of having to work sunday night till 7am so i came up to spectate about 10am are these any good to you ?
Fantastic, very good shots there, thanks :coo
Quote:
a few broken bones, apparently.

Last edited by pit bull; 28 May 2008 at 21:52.

Old 28 May 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2214264)   #25
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ine guy had a broken leg and another a broken ankle, apart from that fine from what i was told.