Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Sep 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2537019)   #1
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit Lemans, who is going?

The turn 4 crowd will be there as usual. Just 2 weeks until I pack up the truck and arrive in time for Wed practice.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2537168)   #2
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
Just got back from the Aussie Bakery and if anyone likes meat pies then you will be in luck. They will be at the track for the whole event.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2540033)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this has become my fall pilgrimage.
see you in turn 4 under the American and Australian flags!

Old 15 Sep 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2541211)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'll have to stop and say hi this year, I will be camping right near by.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2541224)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaro_gto View Post
Just got back from the Aussie Bakery and if anyone likes meat pies then you will be in luck. They will be at the track for the whole event.
I have become a fan of those meat pies. Still don't know what kind of meat it is, but it's tasty!

I haven't decided how early I'm gonna be there, but being realisitic... Zaxby's for lunch.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2541271)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I have become a fan of those meat pies. Still don't know what kind of meat it is, but it's tasty!

I haven't decided how early I'm gonna be there, but being realisitic... Zaxby's for lunch.
Zaxby's is my all time favorite. I think last time I was in Atlanta I ate it five times in a row. There's one in Virginia I hit up on my way to VIR sometimes.

I was thinking of coming this year to Petit but unfortunately I have leave for my sisters wedding out west so it's too close of a clash.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2541604)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Zaxby's is my all time favorite. I think last time I was in Atlanta I ate it five times in a row. There's one in Virginia I hit up on my way to VIR sometimes.

I was thinking of coming this year to Petit but unfortunately I have leave for my sisters wedding out west so it's too close of a clash.
sounds like you need to have a heart to heart with your sister at Zaxbys.

sorry to hear you have to miss the race, but you can finally get the whole thing live on SPEED
Old 15 Sep 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2541606)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll have to stop and say hi this year, I will be camping right near by.
are you the LSU fan that camps near the comfort station?

surely, we've exchanged pleasantries before, i'm sure. there are a couple others that i have seen there in T4 every year for a while now.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 03:25 (Ref:2541661)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was planning and scheming to be able to head down for my first ALMS race, but roommates and VT football schedule have conspired to keep me broke and chained to the store for gameday. Maybe it will be Sebring 2010.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2541844)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Was planning and scheming to be able to head down for my first ALMS race, but roommates and VT football schedule have conspired to keep me broke and chained to the store for gameday. Maybe it will be Sebring 2010.
i too will miss my second Dawgs home game due to my racing scheduling.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2542517)   #11
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post

Bummer you can't make it, but family first... I suppose. I used to dine at the original Zaxby's, which was a double wide trailer with a screen porch. They did serve beer however.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 01:17 (Ref:2542519)   #12
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Lame. The Jackets are at home against NC.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 01:55 (Ref:2542534)   #13
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Bring your rain gear boys...
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...nav_undeclared
Old 17 Sep 2009, 02:14 (Ref:2542540)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
with the weather we are having, i was starting to get that feeling of PLMs of old. rain about 40 to 60 percent of the time.

who will have the honor this year of rain in every session?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 03:20 (Ref:2542558)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Bummer you can't make it, but family first... I suppose. I used to dine at the original Zaxby's, which was a double wide trailer with a screen porch. They did serve beer however.
I actually haven't been to Road Atlanta for a while. It's a great place when the weather is good.

Would have liked to have gone down there for the race but it's too much travel to have gone down then back and then a 1800 mile drive out west.

I'm down south usually at least once a month or so, hence I do get Zaxby's on a regular basis. Don't know how I'd survive otherwise.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2542565)   #16
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there, Camping up between T5 and the back straight. Somewhere near that bathhouse.

Anyways, after tracking down the frequencies for the radios, I decided to clean up the list. Below is a link to a spreadsheet I made. Prints out neatly on one page and only lists the cars that are on the PLM entry list. Enjoy!

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/justinl/..._Freq_List.xls
Old 17 Sep 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2542587)   #17
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for my annual fix of red clay by mid-afternoon on Thursday.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2542739)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
look forward to seeing you again fjn356! i've got some clay around the house and on my work clothes you can take back with you!

and thanks mindspin....saves me from updating the spreadsheet i had from last year. i found that one of the three SPEED frequencies worked better than the others....

seems that a couple other 10/10thers will be in the turn 5 area. i've done the turn5 camping once...never again. a bit loud, but there's more grass too
Old 17 Sep 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2542769)   #19
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
Looks like I will find room in the truck for a couple of bails of hey.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2542816)   #20
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there...looking forward to it.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2542826)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Lame. The Jackets are at home against NC.
But when you have to work because you live in the college town still and will be the only guy in the meat department all day the choice is made for you. If I could get the days around it off, I'd be there even if it meant month's of nothing but ramen and water after. Guess the DVR will be filled up by Sat night, and I'll have to hope I get Sunday off to watch it.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2542838)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
wheelz...are you camping or hotelin it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaro_gto View Post
Looks like I will find room in the truck for a couple of bails of hey.
we may need more than a couple!
Old 17 Sep 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2542875)   #23
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
wheelz...are you camping or hotelin it?

we may need more than a couple!
I'm hoteling it.....but I'll try to stop by if I can get time away from the paddock. I may need a cold beer...lol.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2542876)   #24
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
look forward to seeing you again fjn356! i've got some clay around the house and on my work clothes you can take back with you!

and thanks mindspin....saves me from updating the spreadsheet i had from last year. i found that one of the three SPEED frequencies worked better than the others....

seems that a couple other 10/10thers will be in the turn 5 area. i've done the turn5 camping once...never again. a bit loud, but there's more grass too
Which of those Speed frequencies works best? I was going to put all 3 on, but then I had one line of the spreadsheet on another page so I killed one of those 3 to make it fit
Old 17 Sep 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2542887)   #25
Giggleshack
Rookie

Giggleshack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ahh.. now i (sorda) know who's flags these are. haha. This will be year number 7 for me .