Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Sep 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2543044)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22
I'm hoteling it.....but I'll try to stop by if I can get time away from the paddock. I may need a cold beer...lol.
usually have plenty of that! some of the harder stuff too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Which of those Speed frequencies works best? I was going to put all 3 on, but then I had one line of the spreadsheet on another page so I killed one of those 3 to make it fit
can't remember...but i think one just comes in a little clearer and has less extra "chatter" for whatever reason.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2543052)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleshack View Post
Ahh.. now i (sorda) know who's flags these are. haha. This will be year number 7 for me .
if you've camped in turn 4 for the last few years, you'd recognize 'em, and we'd probably recognize you.

our set up gets a little more ambitious every year.
started with a green minivan and blue tarp...maybe a change of clothes.
the good ole days.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2543130)   #28
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
usually have plenty of that! some of the harder stuff too
can't remember...but i think one just comes in a little clearer and has less extra "chatter" for whatever reason.
Yeah, if things don't go right I may chuck the 'spanners', buy a lawn chair, and look for a shot glass.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 01:18 (Ref:2543174)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
But when you have to work because you live in the college town still and will be the only guy in the meat department all day the choice is made for you. If I could get the days around it off, I'd be there even if it meant month's of nothing but ramen and water after. Guess the DVR will be filled up by Sat night, and I'll have to hope I get Sunday off to watch it.
I'm just giving you a hard time man. Are you in school? If so, your story sounds strikingly familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleshack View Post
Ahh.. now i (sorda) know who's flags these are. haha. This will be year number 7 for me .
I'd like to claim two of those flags as my own. However, I still have not replaced my flag pole from Hurricane Sebring '07.

Quote:
if you've camped in turn 4 for the last few years, you'd recognize 'em, and we'd probably recognize you.

the good ole days.

Who are those young guys?
Old 18 Sep 2009, 02:10 (Ref:2543183)   #30
Giggleshack
Rookie

Giggleshack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

the good ole days.

I'm in a beast of a 89 Ford Tioga Classic . (with a canopy on top). I'll be sure to hang my ALMS posters up.

...and yeah i remember seeing the van and blue tarp up in the past years.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2543190)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post

Who are those young guys?

ah!!! you've outted me!!!!

man, that looks empty, wet and cold...perfect day for a bike ride.

what's in the red plastic cups and where's the MG hat?!
Old 20 Sep 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2544144)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
thanks to endurance-info.com for giving us a glimpse of what is to come for next week....man, where i am we need it but this is getting ridiculous. raining for 5 days straight with no end in sight!

Old 20 Sep 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2544593)   #33
Giggleshack
Rookie

Quote:
thanks to endurance-info.com for giving us a glimpse of what is to come for next week....man, where i am we need it but this is getting ridiculous. raining for 5 days straight with no end in sight!

5 straight?? It feels like its been at least 7 or 8... and yes no end in sight...
Old 21 Sep 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2544614)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i believe we started getting it in "DawgTown" on monday, but it has been steady and unrelenting. i am for certain bringing my shovels and rakes and implements of shovelin dirt/mud, to try and stay "unmoist".
Old 21 Sep 2009, 01:56 (Ref:2544632)   #35
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The forecast is better every day, so cheer up. Just a few months ago on these forums, many doubted there would even be a PLM or thought, if there was, the grid would be filled out with lawnmowers. We've got a real race coming up!
Old 21 Sep 2009, 02:02 (Ref:2544634)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, sounds like it will be a great race and I'll be stuck in an almost empty store just too far for me to poach somebody's internet and put RLM on in the prep room. Wonder if the store would spring for XM for me? Even if everybody else wants to hear the game instead. At least I'll get to see everybody getting drowned at PLM before work.

Just finished school and was hoping to make a PLM trip my graduation present to myself for finally getting my degree but guess not this year.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2545456)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i'll be happy to get to the track no matter what the conditions, but it's frustrating when you have 4 inches of rain all summer (way below normal), while trying to sprout new grass and then have twice as much rain fall in a week's time right before I want to go pitch a tent and camp for 4 days.

i really would like it to rain during the race, which it has not done before. will make things interesting. it has rained during morning warmups and some the sessions prior but never during the main event.

in less than 48 hours time, i'll have my ass parked trackside sipping a cold beverage, most likely in the rain
Old 21 Sep 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2545476)   #38
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
Quote:
i'll be happy to get to the track no matter what the conditions...in less than 48 hours time, i'll have my ass parked trackside sipping a cold beverage, most likely in the rain
Now that's the spirit. Allow me to throw in my trademark saying............"Everything's going to be all right"
Old 22 Sep 2009, 02:20 (Ref:2545623)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
FYI

No campers or RVs allowed until Weds AM due to the rain.

RoadATL Announcement

Quote:
This is being done to avoid vehicles getting
stuck in the infield
seen that a couple of times in the past.
and seen some do quite well in the wet
Old 22 Sep 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2545987)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
are you the LSU fan that camps near the comfort station?

surely, we've exchanged pleasantries before, i'm sure. there are a couple others that i have seen there in T4 every year for a while now.
I'll be wearing my LSU hat again this year....if you can see it through the rain!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2545993)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
in less than 48 hours time, i'll have my ass parked trackside sipping a cold beverage, most likely in the rain
ME TOO!!

I don't really mind the rain as long as there are cars involved!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2546031)   #42
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in 24 hours I will be cracking a beer and pitching a tent and hopefully not drowning.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2546122)   #43
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaro_gto View Post
in 24 hours I will be cracking a beer and pitching a tent and hopefully not drowning.
I'll be crackin' a beer in three hours at home while breaking out my luggage and thanking God I'll be in a dry hotel.

(sorry, you threw the pitch over the plate, I simply crushed it....lol)
Old 22 Sep 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2546130)   #44
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it is absolutely beautiful right now.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2546131)   #45
ton182
Rookie

England
Atlanta GA
ton182 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ah!!! you've outted me!!!!

man, that looks empty, wet and cold...perfect day for a bike ride.

what's in the red plastic cups and where's the MG hat?!

WOW I am guessing that was back in the day.. So you gone from 1 Star to 5 star on the camping front since then!!!

There will be a new addition to the flags this year......

See you on Turn 4 with a beer or 2 in hand
Old 23 Sep 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2546343)   #46
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ton182 View Post
WOW I am guessing that was back in the day.. So you gone from 1 Star to 5 star on the camping front since then!!!

There will be a new addition to the flags this year......

See you on Turn 4 with a beer or 2 in hand
3.5 stars maybe.....

See you there as well.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2546572)   #47
Giggleshack
Rookie

Quote:
No campers or RVs allowed until Weds AM due to the rain.

RoadATL Announcement

seen that a couple of times in the past.
and seen some do quite well in the wet
Man dad was rather ****ed about this. haha.

I stopped by the track last night to see how he was doing. He's the first RV in line again this year -shakes head-. The old man is more dedicated than me.

As of 7:45 this morning RoadATL was letting cars in but no RV's.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2550903)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
it was good to meet joeb and see fjn356 and his buddy Forrest this weekend. sucks that it ended like it did but such is life and we had a great time regardless. the action off the track was as intriguing as on, but more colorful.

see y'all next fall if not sooner.