Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1672995)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungary GP2 - Event thread!

This is crucial round for Piquet's championship aspirations. If Hamilton emerges from this round maintaining or improving upon his Championship lead it would be safe to say that the championship battle would be de facto complete.

Round one to Piquet as he led the practise times sheets and Hamilton suffered a significant shunt.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1673045)   #2
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wet but drying practice session, and the track is completely dry now, but the sky is nothing but cloud cover. Qualifying could be interesting.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1673110)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Indeed, Piquet must score heavily this weekend, but I still think it's all over now.

I guess we could turn our attentions to who's in form?

There are currently two or three drivers performing at a level which suggests that had they manged to kick their season off as such then they too might have been figuring in the title hunt.

Glock and Lopez seem to be the main men in form wheras it has been interesting that ART hasn't had such a clearcut advantage for a few rounds?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1673141)   #4
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think any driver can score heavily (ie serious points in both races) since overtaking is that difficult in this circuit.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1673181)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm, round 2 to Piquet as well, now with two bonus points for pole position for tomorrow's feature race.

Meanwhile Hamilton will start from last after yet another spin. All very strange.

Lopez is second on the grid, with Ammermuller third and Adam Carroll fourth.

Premat was fifth, but drops ten places because of naughties at the last round.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1673185)   #6
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good for piquet then. hamilton should still get points though. a quick pitstop after a couple of laps, running in clear air until everybody else pits and thanks to his talent as a driver and his team's brilliance he should come home with some nice points.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1674134)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just turned on Eurosport - these GP2 lot don't wear much do they. Amazing what they can do with nomex nowadays.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1674156)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Piquet is absolutely running away.

A great save from Hamilton earilier, catching a powerslide on full lock!
Old 5 Aug 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1674175)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Piquet wins at a canter, must be his first win since Valencia race 1 I think?

Crushing stuff.

Hamilton trails in tenth after a drive thru penalty and starting from the back. A decent result all things considered.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1674180)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Stunning stuff from Nelsinho. When he drives like that it's sublime. It probably helped that track didn't have much grip, because that suits his style.

Tomorrow could be fun, because he will start from 8th with Lewis 10th...
Old 5 Aug 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1674190)   #11
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Piquet a full 2 seconds faster on his fastest lap than anyone else?

How is this possible in a one make series?

I realise that Piquet is an excellent driver when he is "on"! but i cant understand a 2 second gap.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1674205)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I don't think it was as much as 2 seconds, although the commentary did make it sound like that. According to autosport.com: Fastest lap: Piquet Jr., 1:30.711 on lap 21. He won by over 32 seconds after 42 laps, presumably easing off towards the end.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1674649)   #13
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Soaking wet now at Hungary, race now started after a few laps under the safety car... this could be exciting! Carroll leads from Premat, Piquet and Hamilton.

Last edited by cos; 6 Aug 2006 at 08:12.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1674653)   #14
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
mr haven, there was alot of water at turkey and spa last year you know. both of which included superb performances by adam carroll i might add.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1674654)   #15
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
carroll out?
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1674656)   #16
cos
Veteran

England
Ooops.... and there goes Carroll off, losing his wing... yet he's carrying on without it!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1674658)   #17
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
piquet going for maximum points here then.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1674659)   #18
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were can I watch livetiming or something? On our Eurosport Swimming is on.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1674663)   #19
cos
Veteran

England
http://www.eurosport.com/gp2/hungaro...tc137261.shtml might work. The race is on Eurosport2 over here.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1674665)   #20
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thanks for that link. We only have Eurosport 1 (and that's different from the UK Eurosport as well).
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1674667)   #21
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
unlike the vast majority of carroll's previous troubles that one actually was his fault....

imagine if lewis binned this one. with piquet getting all these points, turkey and italy could be interesting!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1674678)   #22
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
no, not charlie whiting, mr haven! was it not roland bruynseraede?

Last edited by flexible-flyer; 6 Aug 2006 at 08:57.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1674705)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
no, not charlie whiting, mr haven! was it not roland bruynseraede?
Wasn't it Herbie Blash?!!

Well summary of two races, Piquet fairly astounding and might just have unsettled Lewis substantially with those two drives.

I know he's had a few problems this year but where's this pace suddenyl come from?!

It's clear to me that ART no longer have a clear set up advantage as although Premat's finishing races, he looks fairly average compared to his teammate at present. Lewis is trying really hard as he knows the others are much closer to him now on pace.

Glock and Viso did pretty well.

Lopez disappointing again I have to say. Lost loads of time in race one and then didn't appear to be able to find the pace to make it up and then I know conditions were difficult at the beginning of today's race but when you look at it, all the top drivers in the series were still running at the end and he bins it on lap 1 or 2?

Arden look to be in a shocking state, Ammermuller has gone off the boil and Lapierre is drving himself out of top line single seater racing. At this rate i'll be surprised if C. Horner enters again next year?!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1674708)   #24
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Wasn't it Herbie Blash?!!

ARRGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!

oh oh im gonna get my behind kicked by martin haven for that. im sitting here in my housecoat on a sunday morning with egg all over my face!

hahaha
Old 6 Aug 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1674710)   #25
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good race for a wet one.

11 points, the championship fight is back on.