Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 May 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3540130)   #51
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I love the new arrangements. When I went in 2003 it was barely lit during the night, so you couldn't see where you were going. There was ditches and random bits of barbed wire in places you wouldn't expect. The constant updates to the spectator areas have made Le Mans a far nicer place to be.

Oh, and thank god for nice toilets now.
By 2003 the section of the circuit from Dunlop Bridge to the Esses had been irreparably ruined in order to satisfy the bikers' request to ease the entry to the Bugatti circuit.
I prefer the circuit as it was when I first saw it in 1967 - primitive loos or not.
Old 22 May 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3540153)   #52
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
By 2003 the section of the circuit from Dunlop Bridge to the Esses had been irreparably ruined in order to satisfy the bikers' request to ease the entry to the Bugatti circuit.
I prefer the circuit as it was when I first saw it in 1967 - primitive loos or not.

I don't like change as much as the next man, but I think we have to admit that the "evolution" of the event has been impressive.
Whilst it might be more commercially and compliance driven now the event if far more professional (both as a race and a place to spectate).
I do long for the old circuit and will always have memories of sitting on straw bales above the armco on the mulsanne, but I wouldn't say the circuit has been ruined as a result of change - just an evolution that is a sign of our times.
Besides, without change we would have nothing to compare memories too and that would become boring pretty quickly.

(NB - I will change my tune on the above IF(!) Porsche have blocked any of my view from MY grandstand!!)
Old 22 May 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3540165)   #53
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
It's the Dunlop to Esses section that has been ruined, not the circuit. Changes made purely to adjust the Bugatti circuit.
For the rest changes have been made to accommodate ever faster cars - fair enough if we take that attitude.
The old circuit, like blue remembered hills remains

The land of lost content,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again
Old 22 May 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3540175)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
For the lucky people who will be here for the test day the pit allocation:
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2015.pdf

and the pit allocation for the race:
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2015.pdf
On the garage space map, why does MacLaren have so much space in the 2nd level? Just big fans or something else? I also noticed Ford has a little space as well.
Old 22 May 2015, 14:26 (Ref:3540179)   #55
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
On the garage space map, why does MacLaren have so much space in the 2nd level? Just big fans or something else? I also noticed Ford has a little space as well.
Hospitality lounges. Maybe a sign of things to come
Old 22 May 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3540208)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well that does seem to indicate to me that the plans for those two to be there next year are advanced
Old 22 May 2015, 16:52 (Ref:3540220)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's the Dunlop to Esses section that has been ruined, not the circuit. Changes made purely to adjust the Bugatti circuit.
For the rest changes have been made to accommodate ever faster cars - fair enough if we take that attitude.
The old circuit, like blue remembered hills remains

The land of lost content,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again
Exactly so - I couldn't agree more. What was done to the run to the Esses was utter sacrilege.
Old 22 May 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3540252)   #58
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans 1955 disaster homage

On Saturday 30th May at 15.00 the ACO will be holding "A homage to the victims of the 1955 disaster at the site of the accident"
I assume by the small plaque opposite the pits
Old 22 May 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3540279)   #59
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hospitality lounges. Maybe a sign of things to come
Nissan started this way too - with a larger than one might have thought warranted presence in the hospitality suites.

Can't see this as being anything other than a good thing.
Old 23 May 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3540472)   #60
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Porsche will show their hand and go for it… about Audi and Toyota they will stay cool (Toyota have to be careful about the Tub´s).

About Nissan (like Darren said in a interview) they will do as many laps they can…
Old 23 May 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3540473)   #61
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About Rebellion they will be much faster the ByKolles IMHO
Old 23 May 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3540477)   #62
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Of course, because the Rebellion will have similar straight line but can go around corners.

ByKolles wont even reach 6 hours judging by the previous WEC races, which is a shame because last year they were reliable.
Old 23 May 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3540482)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They do not need to, they cut corners
Only joking Mr Kolles
Old 24 May 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3540807)   #64
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I couldn't go to the circuit but here some pictures of a very young photographer:
http://kevin-chaumier.wix.com/photog...ns-2015-/c15y5
Old 25 May 2015, 06:15 (Ref:3540926)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well looks like people are already setting up for the test day
Old 25 May 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3541149)   #66
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think Porsche will show their hand and go for it… about Audi and Toyota they will stay cool (Toyota have to be careful about the Tub´s).

About Nissan (like Darren said in a interview) they will do as many laps they can…
I really hope Toyota's Le Mans package takes them back up to the front.

I'm going to go against the grain slightly and say I think Nissan will be comfortably ahead of the LMP2s and privateer LMP1s, but behind the other factories. Basically, quicker than most people seem to think they will be.
Old 26 May 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3541280)   #67
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Current weather forecast is predicting 50% chance of rain around 1pm for the test day. We are still 5 days out so that may change.
Old 26 May 2015, 06:08 (Ref:3541283)   #68
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
McLaren will most likely be entertaining some guests as part of the F1's 20th anniversary celebrations.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/24...746_20286.html
Old 26 May 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3541381)   #69
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well looks like people are already setting up for the test day
Well, apart from those reserves and LMP3's just doing the test day, everyone else is also setting up for the race too. A few will just have to extend their garages once said reserves/LMP3's have gone home.

Only 2 1/2 working days left till we head down for the test weekend
Old 26 May 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3541474)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
McLaren will most likely be entertaining some guests as part of the F1's 20th anniversary celebrations.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/24...746_20286.html
But I was hoping for something else!
Old 26 May 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3541506)   #71
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But I was hoping for something else!
It could still be the precursor to something else. McLaren didn't have to organise this demo and it's obviously a big enough deal for them to bring some hospitality along.

Let's hope it's enough for the big wigs to green-light something. Or if the rumours are to be believed they might already have done?
Old 26 May 2015, 22:32 (Ref:3541581)   #72
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Rumours? I must spent more time on the Sportscar & GT racing part of this forum, because I've completely missed any McLaren rumours!!! Got my attention though!
Old 26 May 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3541592)   #73
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Rumours? I must spent more time on the Sportscar & GT racing part of this forum, because I've completely missed any McLaren rumours!!! Got my attention though!
I wouldn't get too excited at this stage. They've been referenced in a couple of rumourey editorial-type pieces. I think the last one was on Motorsport-Total. It's somewhere in the news and rumours thread.
Old 27 May 2015, 06:21 (Ref:3541653)   #74
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weather prediction changed (surprise!): Only 10% chance of rain.
Old 27 May 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3541681)   #75
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Weather prediction changed (surprise!): Only 10% chance of rain.
Good news. At least we'll get to see some representative performances. Hopefully.

Last edited by Simmi; 27 May 2015 at 10:36.