Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Sep 2002, 20:09 (Ref:377606)   #1
COOPERMAN
Rookie

COOPERMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mk1 Jag

AT GOODWOOD IN THE ST MARYS TROPHY RACE THERE WERE THREE MK1 JAGS BEEN CAMPAIGNED...NOW DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT THE WIN PERCY MK1(I THINK) WAS A DEAD RINGER IN LOOKS ETC.. FOR THE LATE GREAT MIKE HAWTHORNS!! THE CAR THAT HE LOST LIFE IN WHEN RACING ROB WALKER IN HIS 300SL DOWN THE A3!! IN SURREY... ALSO KEEPING ON THAT SUBJECT APPARENTLY THEY PAST JOHN COOMBES GARAGE WHICH WAS OFF THE A3(THE LEDGENDRY JAG TUNER!!) I USE THIS ROAD A FAIR BIT BUT I AM STILL UNSURE OF IT'S LOCATION .. COULD SOMEONE ANSWER THIS POSER??
Old 10 Sep 2002, 21:05 (Ref:377634)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you drive off the end of the Hogs back from Farnham towards Guildford you join the A3 from the left. Not far along there is a right hand bend. That's where Hawthorn crashed. There is a housing estate there now. A little further on down the hill was Stag Hill Motors, but I believe its gone now.

Coombes' garage was the other side of Guildford on the road to Cranliegh.

PS. Please switch your caps off.