Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Sep 2007, 06:31 (Ref:2018484)   #101
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh I agree, they don't look to bad at all, they have that Retro look.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 20 Sep 2007, 07:39 (Ref:2018521)   #102
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I disagree I think they could have done better.

Something I have wondered for a while now, is why is Dale JR so popular?? He does terrible interviews (of the ones I have seen)...This is not a driver bash, I have nothing against him, I'm just left wondering is all...having only followed nascar seriously for 2 years now.

Last edited by James63; 20 Sep 2007 at 07:46.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2018539)   #103
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
His father was Dale Earnhardt that is why.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:35 (Ref:2018952)   #104
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
His father was Dale Earnhardt that is why.
Perhaps initially, but his popularity has been earned with his straightforward demeanor. The merchandise sales of Jr's constitutes about 25% of all the drivers. Look for that number to climb with the new sponsor. His sister is one-smart-cookie.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 17:37 (Ref:2019105)   #105
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Dale does great interviews. He is such an honest and open guy and is easy to like.

Witness his comments after every engine failure this year, towards a team he is leaving at years end. Pure class.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 22:26 (Ref:2019356)   #106
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I think Dale does great interviews. He is such an honest and open guy and is easy to like.

Witness his comments after every engine failure this year, towards a team he is leaving at years end. Pure class.

And even after he bumped Edwards off at the Busch race. He was like "Well half my fans will hate me, have my fans will love me, but I wanted to win."

And as angry as I tried to be at him, I couldn't help liking him still..

But Carl's were the best quotes. "GOSHDARN IM SO ANGRY DALE IS A POOPY HEAD...but man that was the best race evar k lol?"

Well not really. It's on youtube somewhere.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 01:49 (Ref:2019410)   #107
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well when I've seen him, he's looking at his feet, mumbling, taking long pauses between words and just not making sense?? Maybe I caught him on a bad day.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 02:14 (Ref:2019420)   #108
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing to remember, he is probably the most interviewed driver in the world. He is bound to have some interviews not go perfectly.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 13:13 (Ref:2019694)   #109
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
And even after he bumped Edwards off at the Busch race. He was like "Well half my fans will hate me, have my fans will love me, but I wanted to win."

And as angry as I tried to be at him, I couldn't help liking him still..

But Carl's were the best quotes. "GOSHDARN IM SO ANGRY DALE IS A POOPY HEAD...but man that was the best race evar k lol?"

Well not really. It's on youtube somewhere.
I'll have to put the DVD of that on this weekend I think, seeing as NASCAR isn't live thanks to coverage of the egg chasing world cup.

The way Carl went from having a fit, banging his car into Dale and then his comments in pitlane was just surreal. And Dale, hehehe.