Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Oct 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3465290)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ELMS Round 5 - Estoril

so... who's going to take the overall title then?

elms preview: http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/....php?news=3172
weather forecast: http://uk.weather.com/weather/weeken...+POXX0082:1:PO
entry list (dated 4th october): http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...ist_031014.pdf

the long term momentum is surely with signatech alpine, the short term momentum with newblood by morand, but jota have bucketloads of pace from tincknell and albuquerque. the weather could be the spanner in the works for everyone though - it will rain at some point during the meeting, it's just a matter of when. it's just like being at silverstone

as of 10 days ago there were 36 cars entered which is a pretty solid field.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3465293)   #2
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Schedule: http://www.autogp.net/CIRCUITI_2014/...LE/Estoril.pdf
Old 15 Oct 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3465318)   #3
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
17 Ferraris! I've got ear ache already.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3465500)   #4
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see Marc VDS in GTC
Old 16 Oct 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3465609)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bella (or anyone else) - what can we expect from Jimmy Eriksson?
Old 18 Oct 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3466161)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's a very good question!

he's currently lying 4th in gp3 which is a decent effort, and he's from a formula three background which despite the homogenising (sp, apologies) of the formula overall generally means he's learnt to do things properly.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3466162)   #7
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great to see Marc VDS in GTC
yeah, even if no martin, no party.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3466257)   #8
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tried to find information about ticket pricing with the Estoril 4 hours. My portuguese is not very fluent but if I understood it right, entrance was FOC and paddock access was only 5 euros.

Well, it's not as glorious as WEC or not as controversial as TUSC(AR) but ELMS paddock access for 5 euros! My dear god!
Old 19 Oct 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3466377)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's only silverstone (by way of being attached to the wec meeting) that required parting company with cash to watch the race. everywhere else has had some level of free entry, though it has gone down with varying degrees of popularity with the locals. imola was quiet despite a decent amount of local advertising, the red bull ring round was pretty popular and ricard was a decent amount quieter than the wsr meeting (which is completely free entry and better established). i think this one should be decently attended too. fwiw, the free entry thing is done for national and club level meetings across europe except in the uk and it seems very sensible - keeps motorsport accessible, but still collects some revenue from people with a specific interest in seeing cars up close.

today's weather is expected to be partly cloudy and 'hot' at 26c, with 75% humidity.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3466379)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
fwiw, the free entry thing is done for national and club level meetings across europe except in the uk and it seems very sensible - keeps motorsport accessible, but still collects some revenue from people with a specific interest in seeing cars up close.
Not much of that in Germany either... club races are usually a tenner. Only actualy free races would be VLN if you watch out on the Nordschleife (as you should).
Old 19 Oct 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3466400)   #11
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not much of that in Germany either... club races are usually a tenner. Only actualy free races would be VLN if you watch out on the Nordschleife (as you should).
And not in Finland as well. Usually tickets on Saturday are ten or fifteen euros and five on Sunday. Sunday is cheaper because the headliners qualify and race on Saturday and supports race on Sunday.

That's why I don't attend Finnish events at all. Tracks except Ahvenisto are far away from the South and line-ups aren't very intriguing. I'm not keen on driving +300k to see the Porsche Cup doing two 15-minute stints.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3466420)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
really? the first time i saw the free entry, paid paddock was either at the nurburgring or hockenheim about 10 years ago. i can't remember exactly what it was, but i'm sure it was a national series, and there was us british lot supporting. i've also seen it at monza for superstars and italian gts i think, and at the start of the year for blancpain gts.

back to estoril and the winds dropped completely thankfully but the sun has also gone in so it's a tradeoff unfortunately for nissan there was some sort of issue with one of their course cars at the start of the autogp race so that race has been delayed a little. shouldn't cause any issues with the elms start though.

tincknell's pace in qualifying this morning was spectacular as usual, and the signatech alpine car will start from 3rd behind the thiriet/tds ligier. my maths has let me down, if it finished like that the title would still go to signatech alpine?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3466421)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
really? the first time i saw the free entry, paid paddock was either at the nurburgring or hockenheim about 10 years ago. i can't remember exactly what it was, but i'm sure it was a national series, and there was us british lot supporting. i've also seen it at monza for superstars and italian gts i think, and at the start of the year for blancpain gts.
ADAC GT-Masters used to be free for the first few years while they were trying to establish it.

GT-Open once promised free tickets at the 'Ring, but the management up there made them go back on it.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3466429)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it could have been the gt masters series in that case. it was definitely paid paddock because i remember saying on here that it was a really good idea to get people through the gates.

it remains a really good idea to get people through the gates. the pitwalk was packed full of people, and they'd all coughed up the 5 euros to be there. there's a decent number currently sat in the grandstand (terracing! it feels like being back at a football league match... and much more comfortable than seating), and about the entire attendance from the imola meeting sat in the stands overlooking the entry to the final corner.

an outbreak of common sense in motorsport. who'd have thought

race start in 45 minutes.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3466432)   #15
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RLM not commentating on this one, are they?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3466436)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
RLM not commentating on this one, are they?
They are, though through their own website.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3466440)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
is being in line at the rolling start enforced particularly firmly?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3466447)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The commentary arrangement for this series is so weird

LIVE stream/TV - Andrew Marriott and co, or whoever is covering the series that weekend in rotation
LIVE audio - Radio Le Mans, which ELMS still bothers linking
TV Highlights - Martin Haven (race) and Gemma Scott (quali + the rest)

Last edited by Deleted; 19 Oct 2014 at 13:09.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3466448)   #19
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone able to update me on the ART cars and why they're so far down? Missed the first 30mins.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3466449)   #20
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Anyone able to update me on the ART cars and why they're so far down? Missed the first 30mins.
One had contact with #55 Ferrari and the other spun into the gravel early on. Sorry dont remember the numbers.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3466450)   #21
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#99 is last so I'm guessing it's either in the garage or retired (it's many many laps down already) and #98 is 32nd so must be tooling around laps back....
Old 19 Oct 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3466459)   #22
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
#99 is last so I'm guessing it's either in the garage or retired (it's many many laps down already) and #98 is 32nd so must be tooling around laps back....
Ahh yes, it was #99 with the contact, its now back out but many laps back.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3466467)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Watching race live on the new freeview motors tv
Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3466469)   #24
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
#55 with a problem.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3466471)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
good spot! with motors being on freeview that's a big upgrade in potential viewer numbers for elms.

this ligier is more fragile than a box of eggs in elms, but didn't it survive le mans?

just noticed they've not only notified of yellow flags as usual on the timing screen but they've also said that it's a double yellow, as well as detail about the hazard. never noticed that much information before, and a good step forward.

shame none of the lmp2 frontrunners reduced their pace accordingly...

Last edited by bella; 19 Oct 2014 at 14:43.