3 9 14.75%
2 7 11.48%
1 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Sep 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3307394)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race- Singapore Grand Prix

What do you give it?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3307424)   #2
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How a guy can win a race by over 30 seconds is pathetic.

Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3307431)   #3
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give it a 5. If the cars didn't look so good under the lights, it would have been a 3.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3307434)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another non event.
By turn 2 one driver was on it and the rest were conserving tyres.

Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3307435)   #5
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Little boring at the front wasn't it ? But great battles behind and this track is beautiful.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3307436)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3, down there.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3307439)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Poor race, sterile, sterile environment, yellow far too long to allow a bunch of non-entities to waddle to the back of the pack.

Bit of action in the last handful of laps retrieved an otherwise horrible race slightly.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3307446)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post

Umm, are you sure Formula 1 is the right motorsport for you? It's not pathetic. It's brilliance.

The race was mostly as dull as those lights were bright, but I realised the reason I enjoyed it more than Spa and Monza was because it wasn't 'DRS dull'. There were fewer moves but more of them were real.

And it played out quite excitingly at the end, although I wish the directors would realise we don't need such an extended shot of the winner crossing the line and some pretty fireworks (yes, come to Singapore; we get it Tourism Board), while there is action occurring on the track.

Last edited by Born Racer; 22 Sep 2013 at 14:49.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3307447)   #9
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10+

because fan boy
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3307448)   #10
AngusJ
Rookie

United States
Texas
AngusJ has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wow, this is beginning to make NASCAR look exciting
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3307451)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Maybe if FOM cared more about the actual battles on track than Michael Schumacher Jr. cruising around and fireworks then it might have received a 4.

Can't wait to see Brundle and the Used Car Salesmen known as Sky's F1 team try to sell this stuff to the British public though, especially considering the next races are in Korea, Snoozeuka and Vettel's playground known as India.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 22 Sep 2013 at 14:51.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3307467)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 3. There were battles lower down the field, but far only really in the opening laps and towards the end of the race. I suppose Kimi was quite good today.

Singapore seems to always give a very poor race. Possibly they should cut the number of laps as well, as it is such a long race time-wise.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3307479)   #13
Noodoo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
Noodoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring precession of 'The Finger's' dominance once again. Slightly better after SC, much better in the last 10 laps, but not good enough to get above a 3 from me.
Vettel's utter dominance is impressive, but boring.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3307483)   #14
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Umm, are you sure Formula 1 is the right motorsport for you? It's not pathetic. It's brilliance.

The race was mostly as dull as those lights were bright, but I realised the reason I enjoyed it more than Spa and Monza was because it wasn't 'DRS dull'. There were fewer moves but more of them were real.

And it played out quite excitingly at the end, although I wish the directors would realise we don't need such an extended shot of the winner crossing the line and some pretty fireworks (yes, come to Singapore; we get it Tourism Board), while there is action occurring on the track.
How is it possible that one driver can win by 30 seconds? It's not all driver, these are world class drivers. I'm a casual F1 fan for this very reason. I understand a team being the class of the field but over 30 seconds? it's a joke and it needs to be fixed.

You can have all the great racing you want from second on back but if the race winner is already all but decided, why should fans bother to watch?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3307496)   #15
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How is it possible that one driver can win by 30 seconds? It's not all driver, these are world class drivers. I'm a casual F1 fan for this very reason. I understand a team being the class of the field but over 30 seconds? it's a joke and it needs to be fixed.

You can have all the great racing you want from second on back but if the race winner is already all but decided, why should fans bother to watch?
F1 could be about winning by a distance of over a lap and I have no problem with that. F1 at its peak might only have 3 or 4 long drawn out but epic fights where one driver reels in another driver lap after lap. It can be just as satisfying as a slipstream race. What this sport needs to do is get rid of the quick fix gimmicks and tackle the aeros. I doubt they'll ever do that, the masses only understand circus antics.

Anyway what irks me about this race and Valencia and some others is that they are set in these fine cities, ok, but all we see are forbidding high fences and dull concrete. Venues like that, I don't like. Monte Carlo, Montreal or Spa where one gets the sense of the surroundings whilst the cars are in anger, I like but a race trapped in these cold concrete and steel valleys are deeply dissatisfying from an aesthetic point of view. Valencia is particularly galling because it's a fine city that isn't conveyed at all during the race itself.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3307534)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Or impressive!
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3307556)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A severe case of flattering to deceive. 4
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3307561)   #18
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good midfield battles, but it seemed that all contenders didn't exist, and half of those battling for 2nd had problems. Thank god for McLaren's risks! 5.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3307570)   #19
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

During the first half of the race I had already decided that I would rate it quite a bit lower. What saved it was the more interesting back end of the race.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3307578)   #20
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm struggling to make time to bother watching recently. My interest is hanging on by it's fingertips. Of course one driver/team domination is rarely exciting, but coupled with the fact that Vettel, Newey and Horner seem so dull as well it's a yawn. On top of that Webber really has never been in Vettel's class so there's not even inter team rivalry anymore to liven it up. The cars look too easy to drive and are basically bullet proof, the tracks don't punish mistakes and the teams are constantly on the radio telling the drivers what to do.
The new regs may spice it up next year. We can only hope.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3307588)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After Spa and Monza I was hoping for a good race but this really was so dull I found myself drifting off. If it hadn't been for the SC messing up tyre strategies, it just would have dragged on until the chequered flag. 1.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3307600)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a bad back at the moment which is making sitting in any position very uncomfortable after just a few minutes - but I still fell asleep during the highlights!!
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3307625)   #23
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Pretty dull at times, but, watching Vettel finesse...
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3307647)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
On top of that Webber really has never been in Vettel's class so there's not even inter team rivalry anymore to liven it up. The cars look too easy to drive and are basically bullet proof,
Try telling Webber that the cars are bullet-proof........his certainly hasn't been, although of course Vettel's pretty much has.

As a Sky refusenik I only saw the highlights, but can't say I was ever in danger of falling asleep - quite a lot of battles further down the field, particularly as the tyre strategies worked out. Thought Hulkenberg's penalty was harsh, and penalising Webber for his lift back was humourless....

Gave it a 6.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3307687)   #25
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Had it on in the background (highlights) whilst er, well, I was doing something else that must have been more interesting...

My 7 year old F1 fanatic son also gave up saying Singapore is always boring.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.