Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3511463)   #1026
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of wether one can or cannot afford Foxtel there's also people out there like myself who simply refuse to pay for TV.

Every time I go to a house with Foxtel and I scan through however many channels there are there's never anything on to watch, never.

So therefore I don't think $600 per year just to watch V8 Supercars and Formula 1 is good value.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3511464)   #1027
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
Guessing the buffoon is one Mr M Skaife as he has been doing it for years. As Ross Stone once said on, I think, channel ten the last time they were showing the V8's - sorry to be talking whilst you were interrupting....

Anyway for a thread about channel ten and the broadcasting of the races it appears to be about anything but. I watched it on ten (Foxtel is being installed next week) and overall I think they did a cracker job. Better than 7 as there were fewer ads and less nonsense. However a couple of things that I did notice:

Greg Rust needs to stop referring to cars by their number as in "the number 97 is in pit lane, the number 33 is in the wall." Not only is the rubbish grammar irritating it just sounds like he cant remember who the drivers are or who the teams are. Just stop it, please.

Rihanna Crane is doing her usual level of work. Her report on Sunday was that Chas Mostert's car had a new wing and quarter panel and that was all it needed. Ten minutes later Crompton went through the list - suspension linkages, transaxle, driveshafts etc etc etc.

But anyway overall it was good - shame they cant be bothered doing the remainder of the season properly.
Bit rich to be talking about bad grammar when you don't spell people's names correctly (or even how they sound)?
Old 4 Mar 2015, 03:52 (Ref:3511469)   #1028
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Regardless of wether one can or cannot afford Foxtel there's also people out there like myself who simply refuse to pay for TV.

Every time I go to a house with Foxtel and I scan through however many channels there are there's never anything on to watch, never.

So therefore I don't think $600 per year just to watch V8 Supercars and Formula 1 is good value.
I think there are more of these people than people who cannot afford it(although there are plenty of the latter).It would not matter what sport Foxtel has exclusive rights for -and sport is the only reason to get it-they would not subscribe.To me that is irrational but that is the way many people I know think.For example a friend of mine on a 6 figure income is an EPL fanatic and listens to Internet radio broadcasts because he refuses to pay for TV.
By the way I saw an interview with a 10 exec last week confirming the highlights shows first screening will be at 8.30 not 4 as some on this forum have insisted.Any guesses on Symmons Plains viewing numbers?
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:02 (Ref:3511473)   #1029
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
By the way I saw an interview with a 10 exec last week confirming the highlights shows first screening will be at 8.30 not 4 as some on this forum have insisted.Any guesses on Symmons Plains viewing numbers?
there has been a lot of mixed messages regarding the timing of the ch 10 shows

noons came out a week or so ago and said saturday and sunday at 4. But in the same week i have seen things saying saturday 8.30 and sunday at 4

there will also be replays late at night
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:03 (Ref:3511474)   #1030
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Bit rich to be talking about bad grammar when you don't spell people's names correctly (or even how they sound)?
Point being that when I do it it is because I am incompetent and/or ill informed and not because I think it is clever to go out of my way to say something in a manner that makes me sound like a muppet.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:11 (Ref:3511477)   #1031
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
there has been a lot of mixed messages regarding the timing of the ch 10 shows

noons came out a week or so ago and said saturday and sunday at 4. But in the same week i have seen things saying saturday 8.30 and sunday at 4

there will also be replays late at night
Anyone else remember back in 2006 when Ch 10 used to replay Saturday races around midnight??? It's happening again!
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3511479)   #1032
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Anyone else remember back in 2006 when Ch 10 used to replay Saturday races around midnight??? It's happening again!
is it bad to replay a show around midnight? Would have thought any replay is a good thing

will point out also, in 2006 it was not a replay, it was a late night highlights package of footage that had never been shown.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:41 (Ref:3511485)   #1033
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing that hasnt helped this whole situtation is Patrick Delany of Fox Sports sprouting

Quote:
"Anyone thats calling Foxtels sports offering in anyway unaffordable at 50 bucks a month is living in a different world to the one I live in"
Great sentiments from a CEO on a comparatively massive salary to the Australian average
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:44 (Ref:3511486)   #1034
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
I was talking about ten. They did a good job and it would have been nice to see the rest of the rounds on ten in full. Particularly with the commentary team they have. As distinct from Skaife and Ingall.
The only place to see all V8 Supercar rounds is on TEN this year, whether it is highlights or live coverage of any SuperStreet, SuperSprint, International or even Enduro rounds. As FOX Sports aren't televising V8s at Albert Park
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:55 (Ref:3511489)   #1035
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
The only place to see all V8 Supercar rounds is on TEN this year, whether it is highlights or live coverage of any SuperStreet, SuperSprint, International or even Enduro rounds. As FOX Sports aren't televising V8s at Albert Park
We shall see
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:57 (Ref:3511490)   #1036
William5
Racer

Quote:
We shall see
FOX Sports aren't even televising race 2 of V8 Supercars. No FP2 of F1 or extended coverage of qualifying? FOX Sports is only airing 25 hours the same as ONE with TEN airing 16.5hrs
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:59 (Ref:3511491)   #1037
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
FOX Sports aren't even televising race 2 of V8 Supercars. No FP2 of F1 or extended coverage of qualifying? FOX Sports is only airing 25 hours the same as ONE with TEN airing 16.5hrs
Not arguing that point
Old 4 Mar 2015, 05:04 (Ref:3511492)   #1038
William5
Racer

Quote:
Not arguing that point
you mean the other 3 races of V8 Supercars and surely FOX Sports will televise Porsche Carrera Cup, Touring Cars and Ultimate Speed Comparison

Last edited by William5; 4 Mar 2015 at 05:05. Reason: spelling
Old 4 Mar 2015, 05:23 (Ref:3511494)   #1039
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Technically the AGP meeting is a demonstration run as opposed to a round of the championship
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Mar 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3511500)   #1040
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Been reading a fair few comments about the cost of Foxtel. Well, let's do the logical maths.

A month of Foxtel is $50 per month. ($60 if HD channels are selected) Per week that is about $12.50 per week.

That can buy:

A single box meal with KFC
A pub steak meal (barring drinks and extra food/sauces, etc)
About 2-3 beers at the bar.
Roughly 9 liters of fuel. (either diesel or gas/petrol)

I could keep going on and on but to be honest, point made. So for people whinging about the expense, think about it in a mathematical sense.
Spoken like someone not raising a family or paying off a mortgage on a minimum wage job, as many many Australian's are

$12.50 a week also goes towards paying off bills, health insurance, car insurance etc etc...
Old 4 Mar 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3511505)   #1041
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Spoken like someone not raising a family or paying off a mortgage on a minimum wage job, as many many Australian's are

$12.50 a week also goes towards paying off bills, health insurance, car insurance etc etc...
i know alot of a lot of people who meet that criteria and they skip health insurance (not sure why you included that one) and they skip car insurance but they still have foxtel.

Its all relative and the truth is that its unimportant because they still have channel ten and if they are struggling they are used to going without and will cope with a highlights package for some rounds assuming they even watch.

For the majority though its a choice in life, "do i want it or not" and for some "what do i give up to get it"

Lets move on from class warfare it gains nothing. Make or choice or dont and if you dont live with your choice and quit your moaning
Old 4 Mar 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3511506)   #1042
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i know alot of a lot of people who meet that criteria and they skip health insurance (not sure why you included that one) and they skip car insurance but they still have foxtel.
I think you find those people in the Dictionary under "Irresponsible"
Old 4 Mar 2015, 09:29 (Ref:3511557)   #1043
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Its all relative and the truth is that its unimportant because they still have channel ten and if they are struggling they are used to going without and will cope with a highlights package for some rounds assuming they even watch.

For the majority though its a choice in life, "do i want it or not" and for some "what do i give up to get it"

Lets move on from class warfare it gains nothing. Make or choice or dont and if you dont live with your choice and quit your moaning
One of the more close minded posts I have ever seen on this forum. To be suggesting people giving up health insurance to get Foxtel as justification of a 'choice' - is extremely reckless & disapointing
Old 4 Mar 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3511572)   #1044
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
One of the more close minded posts I have ever seen on this forum. To be suggesting people giving up health insurance to get Foxtel as justification of a 'choice' - is extremely reckless & disapointing
Actually "closed minded" would be suggesting people dont. Sorry to rain on the world you live it

maybe however instead of hijacking this forum on v8s and foxtel/ten you could create a thread on the poor and what things you have determined they are allowed to have and not have. its quite a tedious discusion not really relevant
Old 5 Mar 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3511861)   #1045
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
But a typical irresponsible post from that person......

Imagine him saying "stop your moaning"
Old 5 Mar 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3511871)   #1046
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you don't have pay TV already there are $150.00 in set up costs and that brings our weekly cost to $14.42 . I just dont like having to pay for the rest of the package I'll hardly ever use.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 06:33 (Ref:3511918)   #1047
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Last edited by peckstar; 5 Mar 2015 at 06:36. Reason: double post sorry
Old 5 Mar 2015, 06:35 (Ref:3511919)   #1048
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Race day with Scotty Mac

Awesome little behing the scenes package

Thanks to Foxtel and V8 supercars and free to those without health insurance

but if you are anti Foxtel please dont watch this, keep your standards
Old 5 Mar 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3511923)   #1049
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Race day with Scotty Mac

Awesome little behing the scenes package

Thanks to Foxtel and V8 supercars and free to those without health insurance

but if you are anti Foxtel please dont watch this, keep your standards
That Polestar Blue still stands out amazingly well...
Old 5 Mar 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3511955)   #1050
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
enjoyable show, the bit on scotty mac and the saturday of Clipsal was excellent.

Now if they could just get rid of that buffoon who talked over everyone and made stupid jokes that went on for ever
Just watched it.. what was Mr Skaife thinking?

Ms Ellis was leading the chat in a logical, sensible way, while Mr Skaife kept chasing the cheap laughs. Makes no sense

Wonder if there will be an interchange with Mr Ingall?