Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 21 Oct 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1130926)   #51
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Autodrome' is the name of it, by Veloce Publishing.

It's written by SS Collins (also a ten-tenths resident) and features ten of Europe's 'lost circuits':

AVUS, Brooklands, Brno, Crystal Palace, Keimola, Montlhery, Monza (oval), Nurburgring Sudschliefe, Reims and Sitges.

Basically, it sets out to evoke the faded glory of these tracks and in addition to my photography has a lot of unpublished stuff too. Out early next year.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1130931)   #52
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rdjones, I screwed up my dates so i won't be at the Grizedale this year as i'm at the Race of Champions in Paris with my family. Are you at any other rallies before the end of the season?
Old 21 Oct 2004, 18:49 (Ref:1130996)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav
rdjones, I screwed up my dates so i won't be at the Grizedale this year as i'm at the Race of Champions in Paris with my family. Are you at any other rallies before the end of the season?
Grizdale or a weekend in Paris with the TGP and Race of Champions tough choice, I know which one I like to do and which one I will be doing........

As for the rest of the year not sure take a look here and take your pick.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1131161)   #54
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
That all sounds sensible to me. I've been looking for a cheap and cheerful USB enabled laptop (not particularly great spec) just for this purpose.
Ayse, get yourself a Thinkpad 600E and a USB2.0 Cardbus adapter. Should work well enough in darker lighting conditions.

OTOH, if you're looking for daylight-compatible displays, a cheap laptop won't do. My 600E was barely readable in the sun at Mosport this year.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Oct 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1131596)   #55
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, I got an email from Sam Collins - asking for hi res versions of my grandfathers Avus photos. Sounds like an interesting book.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 22:24 (Ref:1132454)   #56
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember those photos, on one of your pages you set up wasn't it, with family history shots or something like that (unless I'm completely mixing the memory up with someone else)?

Gav-I'm sure the improved buffer and increase in image quality will be a real-life advantage, I know I would appreciate the increase with my body, even with the type of work I usually do.

cheers to the both of you
Old 6 Nov 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1146412)   #57
Allen Mead
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex
Allen Mead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this talk about this camera, I thought I'd go and check them out. I'm in love, had to drag myself out of the shop kicking and screaming as chrimbo is lurking, otherwise I would of had it there and then.

I will more than likely purchase one after chrimbo in Jan.

Last edited by Allen Mead; 6 Nov 2004 at 23:58.