Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 1 2.22%
7 1 2.22%
6 9 20.00%
5 18 40.00%
4 5 11.11%
3 4 8.89%
2 5 11.11%
1 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Sep 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3577344)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2015

What score do you give it?
Old 27 Sep 2015, 06:52 (Ref:3577346)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
4. Lots of cheap midfield DRS ding-dong which never leaves me overenthused.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3577351)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
2 great circuit, the rest not so much!
Old 27 Sep 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3577354)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A fantastic race track, a fun and enthusiastic crowd, a terrible race. 4.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3577356)   #5
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I was watching the race while eating a Thai Green curry for dinner,I gave it a 10.
The race however I gave only a 2.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3577366)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At a push 5. However, I give the BBC and in particular Suzi and DC, a 10 for the post race interviews and comments. Much more enjoyable than the race which was at best average.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Sep 2015, 08:54 (Ref:3577371)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Great track, poor race. I gave it a 3.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3577379)   #8
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dammit.
Another race lacking action and drama.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 10:26 (Ref:3577396)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That brief run of great racing is over now isn't it. Some good overtakes but other than the Ericsson train at the end, there was very little genuine wheel to wheel racing. 6.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3577442)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it 3 as race was not exciting coverage seemed consist mostly of the fight for 12th place so that says it all
Old 27 Sep 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3577454)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2, that was very dull.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 15:30 (Ref:3577457)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. Track and crowd are great and despite a little fun at the start this was a very average race imo.

With this kind of advantage at the front, rain was needed.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3577639)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entertaining at times. I'll give it a 7.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 03:47 (Ref:3577669)   #14
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8 since it was on Saturday evening.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 08:00 (Ref:3577699)   #15
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 2 from me. I like the track and especially those wiggly bits after turn one.

However, the FIA need to take some extraordinary measures to stabilize the sport before it completely implodes.

Reintroduce the old V8's in 2016 for a three year period which should give everyone a decent motor in the short term.

Park up the Hybrids until 2019 which gives the other engine manufacturers time to develop a motor which can compete with the Merc.

Mercedes won't like this but the sport needs to protect itself right now.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3577700)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
5 - Not the greatest spectacle. Decent racing for 10/ 11/ 12th, but little else further forward of great interest.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3577815)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only saw the race in highlight form. Verstappen once again enlivened it. And Rosberg's move on Bottas was ballsy, but fair. And Alonso's comments were good. And the track is one of the best. And there were other good battles in the midfield, with Ricciardo and Perez having to work their way up from the first lap crash.

So 5/10
Old 29 Sep 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3578048)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It was a fairly average race on one of best circuits ever built ...
I give it a 5
Old 29 Sep 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3578152)   #19
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Just a 5.

A shame, Suzuka normally used to be an entertaining race.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3578329)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
5. Track and crowd are great and despite a little fun at the start this was a very average race imo.
Ever-so-slightly below average race for me, but because of the track being so great to watch, I knock my score up to five. Maybe that's a bit harsh because it wasn't that good a Grand Prix, because I still really enjoyed watching Grand Prix cars around Suzuka.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3578386)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. Moderately entertaining but I did fall asleep for the last 4-5 laps. (I was tired though... )