Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Sep 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3574821)   #726
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One seat will go to a Ferrari reserve driver.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3574847)   #727
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
One seat will go to a Ferrari reserve driver.
Yeah so that's Gutierrez or JEV.

JEV and Grosjean would obviously be the best pairing, though I'm not counting out the Mexican just yet.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3574852)   #728
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have heard that EG has got the nod, and that if Renault does not buy Lotus then Grosjean has a contract with Haas.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3575327)   #729
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I also doubt Has would run 2 French drivers.

Renault might though if it all went ahead.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3575497)   #730
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was hoping he might include an American driver as a third/test driver. Josef Newgarden would be a good choice.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3576454)   #731
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they have a website! actually not sure if its new or just updated.

https://www.haasf1team.com/

taking a look at the careers page...marketing done out of North Carolina, race operations out of Banbury, Oxfordshire, and aero out of Italy presumably in Maranello.

still some big roles to fill.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 14:09 (Ref:3576975)   #732
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I have heard that EG has got the nod, and that if Renault does not buy Lotus then Grosjean has a contract with Haas.
He has got the nod.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120977
Old 29 Sep 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3578039)   #733
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As expected Grosjean was announced as a Haas driver. I missed the beginning of the live video stream, so I assume no news on second driver.

Richard
Old 29 Sep 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3578041)   #734
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Good signing for them. He's cut down the errors that plagued him a couple of seasons back and is a very fast driver.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 15:59 (Ref:3578049)   #735
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Well, it looks as if I'm about to make a purchase from out local chocolate hat suppliers.
When first announced I really didn't think the Haas team would ever make it in a month of Sundays. I know they're not officially there until the start of the first race in 2016, but things are already looking a lot more solid already that I ever thought they would.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 16:43 (Ref:3578061)   #736
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this is a great signing. Grosjean will be a good mentor
with 4 years of F1 under his belt for a young newbie should they
go that route. My goals for the team are easy. Get both cars to
finish the first half of 2016. Score a few points the second half.

Might need to make a special trip to the US shop if they
have an open house. Looking forward to 2016!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3578092)   #737
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It's great news RG is a very nice chap and a very fast driver ..
Looking forward to seeing their car, all the doubters can well never mind, they said the same thing about COTA .. (Wink)
Old 30 Sep 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3578306)   #738
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well, it looks as if I'm about to make a purchase from out local chocolate hat suppliers.

When first announced I really didn't think the Haas team would ever make it in a month of Sundays.
The fact that Haas is a billionaire, owns a successful CNC business and a full-scale wind tunnel should have clued you in early on that this is not USF1.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:52 (Ref:3578337)   #739
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
The fact that Haas is a billionaire, owns a successful CNC business and a full-scale wind tunnel should have clued you in early on that this is not USF1.
Not really. His success in NASCAR has been haphazard and his operation there isn't as successful as Hendrick or Gibbs and some of the other giants. And that's his heartland with F1 being a far harder nut to crack.

I think he'll be gone in a few years. At best, he might find himself in the mid field bandwidth sharing the same space as Force India.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3578347)   #740
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I think he'll be gone in a few years. At best, he might find himself in the mid field bandwidth sharing the same space as Force India.
If that is where they are within a few years (mid field), I would consider that a resounding success! I suspect they may (privately) feel the same.

Richard
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3578356)   #741
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
If that is where they are within a few years (mid field), I would consider that a resounding success! I suspect they may (privately) feel the same.

Richard
Well, yes.

I think at the start it was looking a bit of disaster with Haas make alot of goofy and silly comments. Craig Pollock with a twang. It was very USF1 at that particular time.

But from the reports I've heard in recent months, he's given the experienced F1 people space to do what they do best and he's listening to their advice. This does bode well for them to get a sustainable team in shape. Grosjean, for example, is a sensible hiring.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3578402)   #742
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
What with everything else that's going on in F1, I wonder if Haas is having second thoughts?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3578450)   #743
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What with everything else that's going on in F1, I wonder if Haas is having second thoughts?
Not at all ....
Old 30 Sep 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3578452)   #744
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Not really. His success in NASCAR has been haphazard and his operation there isn't as successful as Hendrick or Gibbs and some of the other giants. And that's his heartland with F1 being a far harder nut to crack.

Give the man a chance, what's wrong with F1 are comments like this
Old 1 Oct 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3578553)   #745
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Give the man a chance, what's wrong with F1 are comments like this
Being honest and frank is what's wrong with F1? I think we need more honesty. I think it's people who are too fragile and can't discuss things that are the real problem.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 14:10 (Ref:3578591)   #746
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if one team drops out then Haas has a guaranteed a top 10 finish and with that comes money and i want to say compensation for their travel expenses as well?

F1 may indeed be falling apart...if or when it happens, then i would assume there will be a great benefit to being one of the signatories of the new formula...might turn out to be genius timing for Haas to come into F1 at this time.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3578715)   #747
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I was hoping Haas might have given Josef Newgarden a look in as test driver. He's the best young talent to have come out of the States for sometime but Newgarden's re-signed with CFH.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121117
Old 19 Oct 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3584052)   #748
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Kevin Magnussen now available for 2016, Haas
should sign him quickly. That window of opportunity
might not be open long.

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/201...-mclaren-exit/
Old 19 Oct 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3584056)   #749
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EG will be the second Haas driver, Ferrari choice.
Old 19 Oct 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3584063)   #750
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
EG will be the second Haas driver, Ferrari choice.
Who?