Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 May 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3082961)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 5 - Moto GP 2012, Catalunya

Back to a proper circuit. This will give us the best picture of Stoner (Honda) vs. Lorenzo (Yamaha). It should also give an equally telling picture of how slow the Ducati is. Not expecting a great show, but would love to be surprised.

However, I am expecting Moto 2 and Moto 3 to be awesome.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3084406)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Marquez ought to cop a penalty for that (if we're going down the route of having penalties for riding misdemeanours). If you have a moment because of your mistake, you can't just move back left so much knowing full well there was a guy right on your tail.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3084421)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now I loath Marquez more than most really, but for me that move doesnt deserve a penalty.

It is not normally a place you would pass, especially when on such a tight line as both marc and pol were, he cant have known Pol was there and unless they can prove he knoew then there should be no penalty.

For me, Luthi looekd awesome today, preserved his tyre til the end, put a stunning pass on Marquez and could have won, they both did what they ahd to and beat him up under braking and we also had another huge sweep over someones front wheel.

I loved watching them showing him a P3 OK sign, put it that way!. but no penalty
Old 3 Jun 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3084435)   #4
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Ben.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3084896)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Now I loath Marquez more than most really, but for me that move doesnt deserve a penalty.

It is not normally a place you would pass, especially when on such a tight line as both marc and pol were, he cant have known Pol was there and unless they can prove he knoew then there should be no penalty.
Stoner was advocating for Marquez on Twitter. I bet he would like to see Marquez go straight to the Repsol team.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 06:10 (Ref:3084912)   #6
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi and Lorenzo both also came out in support of Marquez claiming it was racing incident.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3084970)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very bizarre, he was DQ'd then reinstated!

What a shambles Dorna and the organisers
Old 4 Jun 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3084984)   #8
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A rider rejoining the racing line after an off should check its safe to do so - Marquez didn't & therefore caused the avoidable incident. The Stewards saw it that way then the promoters made their views clear, so the stewards reversed the decision.

Can they make it any more obvious that Marquez is the chosen one?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3084986)   #9
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevisio View Post
Can they make it any more obvious that Marquez is the chosen one?
Maybe a spotlight can be shone on him at all times when he walks around the paddock.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3085017)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Come on guys, I cant stand the lad, he is a talent yes, but this was not avoidable

He had no idea Pol was there, give the lad a break, its not as if he isnt going to win it anyway!

They took it off him initially as he is the boy who cried wolf! Always a target
Old 4 Jun 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3085024)   #11
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
As said formerly, he recovered from a "moment" and was out of the racing line, then he came back without any checking. In my eyes he is the culprit. I would just admonish him, but he was already in admonition because of that Luthi incident races ago, so...

BTW, race direction penalized him and FIM stewards reinstated him, not Dorna or organizers. I think they did it because of public pression of MotoGP stars, and because I think FIM stewards are more political than race direction.

IMO Marquez is a very big talent, probable the biggest out of MotoGP, but he is used to walking on the edge of harshness on track. He needs to learn some lessons.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3085067)   #12
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Well, 5 races, almost a third of the WC (16 races, except 17 for MotoGP), it is about time to risk a "solid" guess about titles. (Solid? LOL)

I cannot choose between Lorenzo and Stoner, if I had to I would take Lorenzo perhaps, he looks smooth and solid. Oh, and I don't discard Dani! The scenario could be a good Honda and Casey losing focus.

About Moto2, I see Marquez well ahead of the rest, he is my bet. I only see an alternative with Luthi and a weak one with Espargaro. They are great riders but I think Marquez is even better. Iannone is an enigma...

Moto3: Vinales is fast, Cortese is solid, not much between them, but if I had to keep one, I'd bet for Vinales. Fenati has disappointed me a bit in the last races. The rest are out of the picture.

Titles: Lorenzo-Marquez-Vinales
Alternatives: Stoner-None-Cortese