Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3729886)   #2226
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
the rumour I have heard about LDM being a factory team next year for Jaguar or Kia
Maybe they could run one of each?

Gotta feel for the likes of DJRTP, PRA, WP, BJR & GRM. All teams with the ability to fabricate & develop 'race winning' cars.

Yet customer teams like LDM & PHR are attracting all the interest from Kia, Jaguar and Toyota..........

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 30 Apr 2017, 00:05 (Ref:3729977)   #2227
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Maybe they could run one of each?

Gotta feel for the likes of DJRTP, PRA, WP, BJR & GRM. All teams with the ability to fabricate & develop 'race winning' cars.

Yet customer teams like LDM & PHR are attracting all the interest from Kia, Jaguar and Toyota..........

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I don't think Tea 18 is that bad, underrated and had bad luck, LDM on the other hand has no hope of being a factory team in the immediate future
Old 30 Apr 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3729994)   #2228
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But you just said LDM were talkin... never mind
Old 30 Apr 2017, 05:12 (Ref:3730003)   #2229
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
But you just said LDM were talkin... never mind
I've heard LDM, nothing about Team 18 or any others for that matter. The logical replacement for Ford is the fusion due to the similar body shape of the falcon but not sure if its being looked at. Probably easy with the fusion shape for aerodynamics
Old 30 Apr 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3730008)   #2230
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The logical replacement for Ford is the fusion due to the similar body shape of the falcon but not sure if its being looked at. Probably easy with the fusion shape for aerodynamics
Isn't a Fusion just a Mondeo?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3730009)   #2231
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_M...th_generation)
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3730048)   #2232
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not being insulting in the last one. What I mean is most manufacturers looking at joining would be guaranteed to look at a big team

If even Ford, stalwarts, are not interested at all --- it goes without saying that nobody else much is going to be interested.

That Nissan continue is more about personal relationships (which goes for a lot of the Supercars sponsorships) than hard ROI data IMO. Would not be surprised to see Holden quit too.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3730049)   #2233
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Perhaps LDM & PHR are suggesting budgets that are more in line with achieving a positive ROI from racing in V8 Supercars?

Quite simply, racing in Supercars probably doesn't give $4m benefit even though it costs that for Nissan for example. All it takes is to do the sums on sponsorship or advertising elsewhere to see if Supercars is not a cost effective option.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3730053)   #2234
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
If even Ford, stalwarts, are not interested at all --- it goes without saying that nobody else much is going to be interested.

That Nissan continue is more about personal relationships (which goes for a lot of the Supercars sponsorships) than hard ROI data IMO. Would not be surprised to see Holden quit too.
Holden wont quit in the foreseeable future, and manufacturers are needed to back a team to have the cars there. Look at Ford, all the teams need to do is apply and given they are a decent manufacturer they will give it the go ahead. Volvo pulled the car because Sweden is a different country when it gets to racing compared to the likes of Ford, Holden, Nissan. Not to mention, too many people right off V8s as a bogan series, when it is actually a highly viewed sport overseas, manufacturers are showing interest, just waiting for the right time. We don't know who has a V8 Supercar prototype sitting waiting there, Jaguar, Kia and Toyota seem to be showing a lot of interest. Ford and Holden will be there for a while given the chassis, they have enough teams to to get a good engine going over time if the time comes to change. Same goes for Nissan
Old 30 Apr 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3730204)   #2235
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We don't know who has a V8 Supercar prototype sitting waiting there, Jaguar, Kia and Toyota seem to be showing a lot of interest.
What interest are Jaguar, Kia and Toyota showing?
Old 1 May 2017, 02:38 (Ref:3730240)   #2236
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
What interest are Jaguar, Kia and Toyota showing?
Toyota has been linked with Team 18 and PRA, something about PRA making road cars for them or something. Jaguar has expressed interest but with no team known yet and GRM has been linked to bring in another car next year in replacement of Volvo, which seems to be Kia.
Old 1 May 2017, 06:07 (Ref:3730259)   #2237
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Toyota has been linked with Team 18 and PRA, something about PRA making road cars for them or something. Jaguar has expressed interest but with no team known yet and GRM has been linked to bring in another car next year in replacement of Volvo, which seems to be Kia.
Kia have said they have interest in the concept, but no interest in making a financial contribution. So they might tick the approval box to use their name and design, but who completes and funds the motor/aero development, and builds the cars?

Re Toyota - all I have seen in here is "allegations" that Ryan Walkinshaw was seen at TMCA HQ. For all we know, he may have gone there and had the door shut in his face. Until I see something from Toyota displaying their interest I don't believe there is any.

The Jaguar talk seems to have sprung from GTR's post after Phillip Island - and even GTR suspects it is total speculation. Once again, I will wait to see a comment from Jaguar or something consequential from a team before I have any belief that "Jaguar are interested".
Old 1 May 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3730267)   #2238
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Look at Ford, all the teams need to do is apply and given they are a decent manufacturer they will give it the go ahead.
Will they?

They knocked the Mustang idea on the head for 2018 didn't they?

Quote:
Who is doing the linking?

Supercar insiders? Motor industry insiders? James Phelps? Perez Hilton?
Old 1 May 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3730268)   #2239
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Will they?

They knocked the Mustang idea on the head for 2018 didn't they?
did they. spin spin spin
Old 1 May 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3730276)   #2240
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard from a man down the pub, that Mitsubishi and Suzuki are interested in coming on board for 2018. No facts or anything to substantiate the rumours though - much like all the other rubbish that has been espoused here in recent times.
Old 1 May 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3730309)   #2241
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
I heard from a man down the pub, that Mitsubishi and Suzuki are interested in coming on board for 2018. No facts or anything to substantiate the rumours though - much like all the other rubbish that has been espoused here in recent times.
hahahaha mceci1 is right though about KIA they've publically confirmed they had held talks with teams but nothing had materialised from them as of yet
Old 1 May 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3730311)   #2242
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
hahahaha mceci1 is right though about KIA they've publically confirmed they had held talks with teams but nothing had materialised from them as of yet
Thankyou LD. I never said they confirmed to be joining, just looking.

As for some people here, they say V8 Central is bad for rumours, here is pretty bad for people saying what they want to hear but denying what they don't like when there has been talk of it, pretty one minded if you ask me
Old 1 May 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3730448)   #2243
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post

They only make SUVs these days. Maybe Supercars should get with the times and race SUVs?
Old 3 May 2017, 06:48 (Ref:3730690)   #2244
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Any bets on Biante?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 May 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3730703)   #2245
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 3 May 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3730704)   #2246
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Here I was thinking that the busiest worker this year was gunna be the panelbeater at LDM, but I'm now thinking that award goes to the sticker man at BJR.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 3 May 2017, 08:13 (Ref:3730705)   #2247
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Re Toyota - all I have seen in here is "allegations" that Ryan Walkinshaw was seen at TMCA HQ. For all we know, he may have gone there and had the door shut in his face. Until I see something from Toyota displaying their interest I don't believe there is any. .
Is it possible that Ryan was on business for their aftermarket bit and pieces.
I believe he has some contracts already in place to supply kits etc for the Ford Focus/fiesta out of England ,IIRC.

Could be he is expanding the on the HSV programe.
Old 3 May 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3730710)   #2248
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'd make as much sense or more as some Toyota Supercar race team, something that's been mooted almost bi-annually for the best part of 20 years. Walkinshaw already owns HSV and ASV, why not TSV?
Old 6 May 2017, 03:15 (Ref:3731379)   #2249
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 6 May 2017, 05:27 (Ref:3731398)   #2250
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gender equality?? Or just plain old bi-sexual?