Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2736323)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top laps by Vettel. Way ahead of Webber on 2 laps.

Massa a bit poor. Hamilton extracting the maximum as always.

Well done to Petrov and De la Rosa as well (although it would have been interesting to see what Kobayashi could have done).

Hulkenberg is finding his feet nicely as well.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2736337)   #27
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is 2002 Ferrari kind of technical superiority and Vettel has a comfortable lead over Webber. Wonder if he finds a way to neglect that opportunity again...
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2736343)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good job Vettel. I hope that would be a walk in the park for him tomorrow.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2736345)   #29
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Red Bull's constructors' championship position is particularly opportunity wasted.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2736358)   #30
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like a dry race tomorrow, so I guess we can look forward to another parade, led lights-to-flag by Vettel.

I know that we've seen the occasional entertaining race at the Hungaroring, but I don't think that this will be one of them.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2736359)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
increasingly we are seeing the pole sitter making really aggressive moves at the start and the 2 red bull's by virtue of always being on pole seem to be very keen on it.
if they have not as a team discussed this and let a Ferrari through because they are fighting each other i will be surprised.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2736360)   #32
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Good job Vettel. I hope that would be a walk in the park for him tomorrow.
I don't. I hope to see a battle between the two drivers. Would be nice after last week's lack of a race between the Ferraris. I've spent good money on tickets for Spa and I expect to see drivers race each other there.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2736437)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that was a risk to spend the money and expect that.

The two no.1 drivers are on the clean side. I don't think that the start will be difficult for Vettel and Alonso.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2736446)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You will enjoy Spa, dull race or not. It's an event and, if you don't wanna go after tomorrow, pass your tickets on to me.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2736450)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So Vettel's on pole again; it's his race to lose again or it's 3rd time lucky.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2736457)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Martin Brundle said before the qualifying session that Red Bull will soon have to look to deciding on their number 1 driver- but how? Webber and Vettel are both easily in the championship hunt, and we know how much they won't want to back down and be a number 2 (like Massa is prepared to do). Although Webber did say Ferrari were just in doing what they did in Germany. That would come back to bite him if they said 'Okay, Mark, Helmut heard what you said and says "how about it then?"'.

Are the teams perhaps expecting the team orders rule to be changed soon? Otherwise how can Red Bull get behind one man.

It amazes me that people are happy to see one of the most interesting aspects of Formula 1 (team-mate comparisons by racing against each other) taken away. Let's forget a six-way battle for the championship and just have a three-way one. Is that what people want?

This stuff about a team sport is cobblers really. It's the drivers' championship that teams are changing positions for.

Plus, junior drivers don't go all the way through karting, the junior formulae to F1 to say "after you, Sir" to their team-mates.

Browsing this site for some merchandise, I was amused by the fact McLaren will still get their money's worth out of Heikki, even if he is in the sale: https://www.mclarenshop.com/webapp/w...72_22155_22155

And who told Paddy Lowe he should be a model?
Old 31 Jul 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2736460)   #37
Lord Jagged
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Lord Jagged should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cue mechanical problems for Vettel during the race.....
Old 31 Jul 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2736521)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel will be too busy trying to block off Webber to be paying too much attention to the 'red cars' behind him. Possibly a repeat of last weekend?

I predict that someone will lose out badly going into the first corner.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2736525)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Five-place grid penalty for Kobayashi.
Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/7/11103.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
You will enjoy Spa, dull race or not. It's an event
Indeed. I'm looking forward to watching the cars through Eau Rouge during the practice/qualifying days and possibly Pouhon if I can get there. I'm thinking Les Combes is the place to go for the race. I edited out the last bit in your quote there about giving the tickets away. Let's forget that idea.

Back to Hungary, I've been enjoying watching the cars round here. It's a different track if nothing else.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2736566)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Four drivers are given reprimands.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85756

Looks like the stewards are starting early this weekend.

Word is that 'front wings' are being investigated by FIA.

Last edited by Marbot; 31 Jul 2010 at 18:08.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2736620)   #41
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Why did none of the teams put in an official complaint about the bendy wings? Or has someone actually done that now?
Old 31 Jul 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2736644)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Why did none of the teams put in an official complaint about the bendy wings? Or has someone actually done that now?
The teams aren't saying that the wings are illegal, they just want clarification that it's OK to use them.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85758
Old 31 Jul 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2736728)   #43
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to see that Hamilton and Rosberg have shown by their respective performances to thier teammates, that driver input is still alive and well in the modern world of hi-tech F1.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2736778)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
If it weren't for those pesky RedBull's and Ferrari's.............
Old 31 Jul 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2736782)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Back to Hungary, I've been enjoying watching the cars round here. It's a different track if nothing else.

Not the best around. but it has its features through 25 years of history...
Old 1 Aug 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2736983)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
More overnight rain, plus forecast hot temperatures, equals weird tyre stuff (hopefully). Could be more interesting than it's letting on to be.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2737028)   #47
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
does anyone actually know how the flexi wings are working. from the photos i cn see of the redbull, its almost the whole part of the wing that is moved down. so is it actually the wing flexing, or the nose section that is flexing....a bit like concords nose which moves up and down while in flight? could this explain vettels wing faliure at silverstone and why it was so important to give him marks??
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2737029)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Nice to see that Hamilton and Rosberg have shown by their respective performances to thier teammates, that driver input is still alive and well in the modern world of hi-tech F1.
and Vettel and Alonso. Not many places, but a huge time differential.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2737032)   #49
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Strange really, when Ferrari had bendy wings a couple of years ago (which I believe were also tested and passed by the FIA) they were told to change them. Same with Red Bull and their flexing rear wing.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2737039)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And the process we went through then is very similar to now. It seems to be done in a slightly different way (I asked Martin Whitmarsh what it was but he didn't know ). Others have noticed, we are having a few games, some on internet forums are getting giddy, and they will clarify the situation. I think it is quite consistent with previous situations.