Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Aug 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2744348)   #26
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Danica didn't want to do F1?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2744354)   #27
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I thought Danica didn't want to do F1?
That's what I heard, though then again I guess the sorts of drive in F1 that are available would be less lucrative than what I imagine she can pull in IndyCar.

Someone just pat Bernie on the head and send him on his merry way...
Old 13 Aug 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2744372)   #28
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Egg

Quote:
In 2005, when speaking about Indycar racer Danica Patrick, he remarked "You know I've got one of those wonderful ideas ... women should be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances." Ecclestone later called Patrick to apologize, but repeated his comments,before apologizing a second time.Earlier, in February 2000, he said that women would never excel in Formula One, stating "she would have to be a woman who was blowing away the boys. ... What I would really like to see happen is to find the right girl, perhaps a black girl with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish.
This the same BE ?.....
Old 14 Aug 2010, 02:08 (Ref:2744412)   #29
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
How about - all entrants are allowed three car teams - the third car has to be a woman driver.

The thought that all F1 racing boils down to who has the strongest right leg is just pathetic, allow boosted brakes, F1 should be about car control and balance not just brute force and ignorance!
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:41 (Ref:2744418)   #30
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'd rather look at her than Lella Lombardi ...
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:59 (Ref:2744419)   #31
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not women viewers he's looking to bring in, it's money. Getting GoDaddy involved can help with the USGP, and others, so he won't have to.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2744428)   #32
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Bernie wants women drivers in F1, he'll be best waiting 5 or so yrs and waiting for the few that are currently in Ginetta Juniors and Ginetta G50/Formula Renault. Those 3 can certainly race
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2744463)   #33
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzie Stoddart or even Katherine Legge would do much better. Perhaps Red Bull development money could have been better spent in their direction.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2744482)   #34
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah Bernie you've done it again, one little statement and it creates untold number of press releases around the world and three pages of discussion on Ten-Tenths.

You must have many a marketing person (including me) scratching their head wondering how you do it.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2744485)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He employs (for free) all of us to do it for him.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2744521)   #36
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie needs to return to Middle-Earth.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2744525)   #37
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Suzie Stoddart or even Katherine Legge would do much better. Perhaps Red Bull development money could have been better spent in their direction.
Getting a woman isn't the same thing as getting Danica. Danica is a brand name, the only one coming close to that is Simona, and she's still growing her star. The others are stale, because they aren't polarizing figures.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2744528)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Think of the merchanise you could sell.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122465
Brilliant...
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2744530)   #39
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
If Bernie wants women drivers in F1, he'll be best waiting 5 or so yrs and waiting for the few that are currently in Ginetta Juniors and Ginetta G50/Formula Renault. Those 3 can certainly race
It's a long way from Ginetta to F1 and involves loads of good luck and even more money. The statistics wouldn't really favours any of those 3 girls getting to F1 if you think how many of the people who start at lower formulas of motosport actually make it to F1.

Bernie wants Danica in F1 not to get more women to watch, but to get more coverage from a football obsessed media, because they now that football, celeb scandal and attractive women sell newspapers.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2744536)   #40
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
i'm a girl and i don't care beyond the odd pang of jealousy over a spectacular erm, front set-up or a shade of sympathy for an unfortunate outfit.
I blame it on waking up about 15 minutes ago, but I read that at first as an interest in front wing/suspension setup and sympathy for the 2010 new-starter teams...
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2744538)   #41
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Neither of them would cut the mustard either. They have a certain level of driving talent but F1? No.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2744546)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
As far as helping F1 get it's legs back it's a good idea, if she can handle a F1 machine?? Bernie is of course talking this way because of the proposed Grand Prix in Austin Texas..
Old 14 Aug 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2744588)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps Red Bull development money could have been better spent in their direction.
Bottomline: women who want to race in F1 must first race in FR2.0, F3, FR3.5, GP3, GP2. How many have raced there in the last five years?

Here in Uruguay there have been quite a few girls racing in karting. But no woman is racing in AUVo road racing championships.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2744603)   #44
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Making a rare post on this thread.

If she cannot be competitive on the Indycar road courses, or the Nascar ovals (in the Nascar race that's on now, she's running a pitiful 33rd place and 3 laps down), then how bad will she be in F1? Bernie, enjoy your rolling chicane with a bigger ego than half the other drivers in F1 combined (assuming it would ever happen).
Old 14 Aug 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2744618)   #45
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Maybe Bernie should talk to this lady..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10976450
Old 14 Aug 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2744628)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast95pony View Post
Bernie needs to return to Middle-Earth.
Never see him down my manor.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2744635)   #47
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
"To have someone like Danica Patrick in F1 would be a perfect advert"
Is he wrong, though? She brings eyes.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2744639)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does Ms Patrick have more sponsor dollars available than Mr Yamamoto? The fix could be in
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Aug 2010, 05:45 (Ref:2744689)   #49
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Does Ms Patrick have more sponsor dollars available than Mr Yamamoto? The fix could be in
I think you're missing the point. There's little chance that Yamamoto will be picked as the centerfold for the next Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 06:42 (Ref:2744697)   #50
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Sadly for Bernie, Danica and her sponsors seem to be able to identify a waste of money when they see one!