Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Oct 2001, 17:05 (Ref:166272)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Other Driving Games (PC)

OK. So we've talked at length here about GP3, SCGT, Le Mans, GPL and Spirit of Speed, but are there any other racing/driving games out there at the moment (for the PC) which are worth a look at for a few hours of driving fun?
Old 28 Oct 2001, 01:04 (Ref:166435)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah...like i've said earlier in another post, Rally championship Xtreme, which is the replacement for Mobil 1 Rally Championship 2000, is out. It is more of a simulation compared to Colin McRae rally 2 and the likes, with pretty good graphic, wider environmental track (meaning u can go further out into the wilderness) and i think gives you a good feel of real rallying. Like all games, it has a few hiccups, but often you will overlook it, and the range of cars it features are amazing. It is slightly less hard core than the mobil 1 Rally championship, with slightly shorter stages, but it's still more of a sim than the arcade-feel of other top rally games. A good bet for hours of fun (and concentration...because it's so easy to make a mistake and blow your race!).

EA sports F1 2001 is out to, as people mentioned. It's individual car modelling is impressive, and is a vast improvement over the F12000. Improved AI and weather variation and also, the Arrows 2 seater to test with. Good to take a shot at.

Mercedes Truck Racing... if you want to take something of a different route to normal car racing. You'd be very much impressed by the level of graphic and the track details, and it seems pretty realistic. I wasnt expecting it to be that good a game..but with Mercedes Benz scribbled over it, i think i should have guessed it wouldn't disappoint either. Fun game play incorporated both simulation and arcade racing to give you a pretty good balance.
Old 28 Oct 2001, 08:08 (Ref:166487)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting, GT_R. I've been looking at F1 2001 (which has been on a "special offer" near me for the last week). But I'm not going to bother to buy it until someone convinces me that it's better than GP3 (+downloads). I'm not a great rallyer, although I used to have a lot of fun with Sega Rally when the Saturn first came out! Unfortunately Trucks don't do too much for me.
Old 28 Oct 2001, 13:34 (Ref:166575)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah... pretty fussy huh!

Hmm...i'd love to lay my hands on a proper GT racing or even Cart racing game...but somehow, it just seem to be lacking. There are quite a lot of driving games around..but if you are looking for excellent racing games, they are quite limited.

Personally, i'd think GP3's gameplay cum sim is slightly better...i prefer doing the laps in GP3, if they could just make the wheels less prone to lock up....

Oh, speaking of which, can anybody tell me what is your brake balance in Hockenheim, and Italy....that's the only thing that spoils my perfect setup... just love tuning those cars...~

Now, if any major game producers are here, try doing a GT3 on computer...hopefully with cool cockpits...and make it perform on a 1.2 Ghz com with Creative Geforce 2...PLEASE, since hols coming!
Old 28 Oct 2001, 17:27 (Ref:166639)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go buy a PS2 GT_R, they're only 200 quid now!! Got GTA3 on friday, superb in full 3d
Old 29 Oct 2001, 00:58 (Ref:166791)   #6
MrLipid
Rookie

MrLipid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the upcoming "Spirit of Heat" mod for NASCAR Heat would be of interest. It offers the cars of the era of Spirit of Speed and the physics and tracks of NASCAR Heat. NASCAR Heat is proving to be an enormously flexible platform for simulating all manner of motor racing from modified pickup trucks to IRL and British stock cars. Just a thought.
Old 29 Oct 2001, 17:41 (Ref:167000)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Intriguing, Mr.L - any idea of the timescale on that one?
Old 29 Oct 2001, 17:49 (Ref:167003)   #8
MrLipid
Rookie

MrLipid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming work continues at the current pace, it could be ready within a month or two -- late November/early December.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 15:19 (Ref:173626)   #9
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Other Driving Games (PC)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
...are there any other racing/driving games out there at the moment (for the PC) which are worth a look at for a few hours of driving fun?
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...GP1 is ancient and such a classic!

Of course I'm waiting to get a copy of GP4...
Old 12 Nov 2001, 17:34 (Ref:173675)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're going to have a long wait...although good things do come to those who...how did the rest of that go?
Old 12 Nov 2001, 18:32 (Ref:173704)   #11
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still like GP1, I never cared much for graphics. And the amount of disk space it takes up is virtually negligible on today's computers. The thing I don't like is the weird cockpit. Or lack of track editor!