Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3257237)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Does Vettel participate at all?
What - here on Tenths? I expect so, under an outlandish user name - do we have a 'Digital Dave' registered here?
Old 4 Jun 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3257394)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
He may have replied I don't know...
The only time I remember him hitting back (if you can call it that way) was after Alonso said he was competing against Newey last year, don't remember which race it was, Vettel said on the radio after the finish "thank you all of you, whoever you are" or something like that.

I can't imagine Alonso or Lewis being so passive if their two biggest rivals joined forces against them the way it happened last season.
It was a bit ridiculous at some point, but karma is karma and Lewis had an horrible year and Fernando ended losing the championship
Vettel seems to concentrate on the business at hand, racing, maybe the other two would do better if they too concentrated on driving!
Old 4 Jun 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3257480)   #28
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Like going against team orders. Then calling the Mercedes cars busses. Hamilton answers a journalists question and finishes behind Rosberg at one race and the ham-hounds come out saying he needs to concentrate on his own race? Just gotta laugh at the one sided comments sometimes.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3257536)   #29
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Like going against team orders. Then calling the Mercedes cars busses. Hamilton answers a journalists question and finishes behind Rosberg at one race and the ham-hounds come out saying he needs to concentrate on his own race? Just gotta laugh at the one sided comments sometimes.
The buses thing was meant to be a joke, and he said after that he knew it was part of Mercedes strategy. It was not a pun, he just wanted everybody to know how slow the pace was (blaming Pirelli probably).

Here, in case you missed it and only read some biased media crap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqtw0lIBD4
Old 4 Jun 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3257554)   #30
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
and to your going against team orders, if that was Webber and he did the same thing, everyone would be like ''good on ya Webber, dont put up with this crap....do whatever you like''. what he did their was tell his team what he thought about team orders and sent a big FU to it, which is a good thing if your an F1 fan right? do you want to see racing or teams picking the orders of their drivers in races? its not like its not happening in Mercedes or at Mclaren.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3257563)   #31
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton's certainly had the best of everything for his entire career, but he's always delivered.

He's fast, brave and exciting to watch. Personally I think he's worth every penny he's paid.

Vettel is certainly his match in my opinion, but is also fiercely intelligent.

Hamilton take's his dog to work...
Old 5 Jun 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3257827)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I absolutely agree with Flavio above!

http://www.pitpass.com/49186-Watson-...ilton-to-focus

He is a great driver, he has been erratic though, and he needs to focus!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3257829)   #33
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
and to your going against team orders, if that was Webber and he did the same thing, everyone would be like ''good on ya Webber, dont put up with this crap....do whatever you like''. what he did their was tell his team what he thought about team orders and sent a big FU to it, which is a good thing if your an F1 fan right? do you want to see racing or teams picking the orders of their drivers in races? its not like its not happening in Mercedes or at Mclaren.
I think that Vettel was indicating that he is quite happy to race Webber on any terms, and does not need his help, TBF he has had no assistance from Webber to date.

Besides Vettel currently has 107 points and Webber has 57!
From a RBR perspective Vettel giving up points to Webber is just plain silly!
Old 6 Jun 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3258611)   #34
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here we go again
Vettel is leading the championship because he's been lucky says Mr. Alonso.

Fernando Alonso says Sebastian Vettel due bad luck soon
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107892
Old 7 Jun 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3258853)   #35
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In many respects drivers make their own luck on track, but that doesn't mean they don't rely heavily on a good team. Red Bull have been superb over the past 4 seasons and have provided their drivers with very capable cars. They have one of the best design teams on the grid right now, lead by Adrian Newey, and have their pit stops down to a tee. This is what a driver expects when they go for championships, and I suppose with this in mind you could say Vettel has been very lucky. That doesn't mean he is not one of the best drivers on the grid though. These things go round in cycles and with the regulations changing from season to season we will undoubtedly see other drivers find themselves in a sweet spot like Vettel has been in. Its the unknown that makes it all exciting for me.

It would be nice to see Vettel hit a spot of bad luck no and then, but Red Bull are just too damn reliable right now.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3260208)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I absolutely agree with Flavio above!

http://www.pitpass.com/49186-Watson-...ilton-to-focus

He is a great driver, he has been erratic though, and he needs to focus!
FFS.

Hamilton has been beaten twice in seven races and is being told to focus by, of all people, John Watson.

Clearly, Hamilton is not driving quite at his best at the moment, but he is having a very good season nonetheless and generally making the most of things. As usual really.

People do seem to be disturbingly fixated on his purchase of a dog. I think, perhaps, these are the people that should try and focus on their own lives rather than making a mountain out of a molehill. FWIW, I think taking a dog to the track is extremely odd but it is utterly harmless and, if it is something that keeps Lewis happy in some way, then what's the problem? I don't think it runs round the garage (as Watson seems to think) whilst he tries to visualise his qualifying lap.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3260219)   #37
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
FFS.

Hamilton has been beaten twice in seven races and is being told to focus by, of all people, John Watson.

Clearly, Hamilton is not driving quite at his best at the moment, but he is having a very good season nonetheless and generally making the most of things. As usual really.

People do seem to be disturbingly fixated on his purchase of a dog. I think, perhaps, these are the people that should try and focus on their own lives rather than making a mountain out of a molehill. FWIW, I think taking a dog to the track is extremely odd but it is utterly harmless and, if it is something that keeps Lewis happy in some way, then what's the problem? I don't think it runs round the garage (as Watson seems to think) whilst he tries to visualise his qualifying lap.
What he said. Although I would slightly disagree with 'not quite at his best'. I think people would agree that the Merc has a problem on long runs that the Ferrari and RB don't have - and yet LH (and NR to a lesser extent) is still reaching the podium in front of Ferraris and RB's - that requires somebody on top form.

LH is driving very well I reckon. Solid, reliable, fast. He's focused.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3260231)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh he is driving very well and is focussed, but I would say he is at about 95%. Not quite there, but still absolutely formidable.

We have already seen what an unfocussed Hamilton delivers in 2011: not a lot. How people can compare his opening races to that shambles is beyond me.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3260250)   #39
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Here we go again
Vettel is leading the championship because he's been lucky says Mr. Alonso.

Fernando Alonso says Sebastian Vettel due bad luck soon
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107892
There was nothing outrageous from Alonso. It was only his commentary of the season so far and comparisons from last year. The only quote where I'd disagree with him is the bit we he said he was unlucky to be out of the race for breaking the wing at Malaysia, where it was a misjudgement by him, and therefore his responsibility.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3261948)   #40
henners88
Veteran

Wales
After Sunday's race I think Hamilton's observation carries a little more weight!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3261954)   #41
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
After Sunday's race I think Hamilton's observation carries a little more weight!
Hamilton and Alonso are completely correct Vettel has it easy.

He simply has more talent than either of them!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3261970)   #42
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
..... or not, depending on your perspective!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3261991)   #43
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3261999)   #44
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post

There you go!

Exactly what I feel about people bagging their competition.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3262017)   #45
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course Bianchi is by far the best driver in the field, he just hasn't proved it yet.

Well this is no more pointless than ...........................?
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3262039)   #46
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
There you go!

Exactly what I feel about people bagging their competition.
Yeah, I suppose the differences between drivers are fine. Relative strengths and weaknesses are exaggerated to make a point.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3262055)   #47
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

We can dream.

I certainly wish talent could make up for the fact certain talented drivers are in inferior machinery.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3262070)   #48
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Easy to check. Put him in the same car as LH, FA, JB, NR, JB (the otherone), and see who wins.

Oh, hold on, what do you mean we can't do that?

As long as they are different cars then you cannot say for certain whether one driver is better or worse than another. Certainly at the level of an F1 driver.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3262121)   #49
jsTrecu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Yeah, just look at Webber's performance, it was so easy for him to dominate like Vettel did... 0.7 behind in Q and 26 seconds in the race
Old 13 Jun 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3262127)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I like this comment.