Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Feb 2018, 06:08 (Ref:3803315)   #376
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Field set for inaugural SuperUtes round

just ten starters, which is a little bit underwhelming. Fair bit behind. hopefully doesn't crucify the series
Old 23 Feb 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3803326)   #377
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Field set for inaugural SuperUtes round

just ten starters, which is a little bit underwhelming. Fair bit behind. hopefully doesn't crucify the series
Less chance of safety cars ruining the racing.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3803351)   #378
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Less chance of safety cars ruining the racing.
well in theory there is less chance these things should get bogged in sandtraps, so there is 2 potential places for stuck cars at Adelaide removed
Old 23 Feb 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3803474)   #379
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
None of the teams have released details of the trailers they will be towing.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3803500)   #380
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How will parity work in this series? Will winners be forced to carry a load of sand in the back? Or will they muck around with aero and make winners carry extra ladders on their ladder racks?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 04:09 (Ref:3803523)   #381
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it had a ford ute in it so i thought io would put it here

The ultimate ultimate speed comparison
Old 24 Feb 2018, 05:54 (Ref:3803533)   #382
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was around the size of the field when V8 Utes started.Whether it will grow or die depends on the cost of competing and the quality of the racing.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 23:58 (Ref:3803715)   #383
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AC Delco Racing

I get the ‘bringing kids thru’ thing, but given Mr Brabham’s run in Stadium Trucks, and need for seat time this year, its hard not to consider him are more useful fit..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Feb 2018, 02:17 (Ref:3803723)   #384
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm honestly confused as to why these things still have the actual headlight and taillight assemblies in them.

The amount of wreckin that occurs in a Ute race, you think they'd just put fiberglass replicas of the headlight and taillight lenses in them, with the brake lights up in the rear window.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3803724)   #385
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They need to differentiate them from the stadium trucks somehow
Old 25 Feb 2018, 06:47 (Ref:3803735)   #386
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
This was around the size of the field when V8 Utes started.Whether it will grow or die depends on the cost of competing and the quality of the racing.
The V8Utes started from a base of nothing and had 10 cars front for their first race. The SuperUtes have had the base of the V8Ute series and have still only fronted with ten cars, this is ridiculously embarrassing for all involved.

It would be like Supercars only fronting at Clipsal in 2013 with 10 cars when they brought in COTF
Old 25 Feb 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3803747)   #387
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 utes were testing at Wakefield Park yesterday. They were slower than or Pulsars (1.13).
Out of the 5 only one was still going at the end of the day. Overheating, seized turbos and injector pump failure.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 Feb 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3803750)   #388
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
5 utes were testing at Wakefield Park yesterday. They were slower than or Pulsars (1.13).
Out of the 5 only one was still going at the end of the day. Overheating, seized turbos and injector pump failure.
That is a little weird... for racers running for some months now...

Adelaide will be interesting

Any chance they can drop a MARC V8 Ford aboard to keep them trucking along?
Old 25 Feb 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3803760)   #389
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd have thought the state of the diesel tuning industry in this country, would give some clues towards the potential reliability of some of these engines.

A lot of cowboys out there washing their hands of detonated motors...
Old 25 Feb 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3803786)   #390
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Yep, heard there are big dramas with overheating and general reliability. It's going to be embarrassing in Adelaide.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3803922)   #391
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I already miss the V8 utes racing around Adelaide track and I'm not even there yet
Old 26 Feb 2018, 00:26 (Ref:3803923)   #392
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Yep, heard there are big dramas with overheating and general reliability. It's going to be embarrassing in Adelaide.
Last one standing?

I'll miss the V8 utes too. Speeds not everything but having seen footage of these SuperUtes lapping its like watching paint dry. At least the Brutes sounded good and moved around a bit.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3803971)   #393
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair these things move around too...its just that its mostly body roll.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3803973)   #394
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
To be fair these things move around too...its just that its mostly body roll.
I watched the V8Utes with my friends in Texas, after they raced at COTA, and I can't imagine they will be interested in the new ones.

My friends lusted after the Commodore ute, they wanted it bad!
Old 26 Feb 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3804163)   #395
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
McConville Takes SuperUtes role

The egg timer is on...
Old 27 Feb 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3804178)   #396
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

The egg timer is on...
Harsh
Old 27 Feb 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3804247)   #397
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The egg timer is on...
so going by the egg timer , and using Eisenstein theory of relativity, including nano seconds , and i like a three minute boiled egg , allowing time and space differential ,the new Doctor is projected to arrive in April,will the TARDIS have this sorted or , maybe this: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: PROMOTER OF TCR AUSTRALIA

journeyman
Old 27 Feb 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3804249)   #398
Umai Naa
Veteran

I wonder if he's just on short term contracts, being used as the bloke to get things off the ground?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3804411)   #399
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:

The egg timer is on...
Is the egg timer for McConville or the Utes in qualifying?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3804415)   #400
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Is the egg timer for McConville or the Utes in qualifying?
They have a sundial set up for qualifying.