Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 27 Jan 2004, 19:04 (Ref:852686)   #1
phdm
Racer

Belgium
Liège
phdm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for info on Delta (I) Formula Ford

Has anyone got information on an Italian built Delta Formula Ford ?
particularly interested in specification, photographs, number produced, race results, etc.
I am told the cars were produced in 1972 or 1973 and were also advertised in Autosport in those days. Does anyone remember ?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you for your help.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:39 (Ref:856314)   #2
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot help a lot, I was too young when Delta were racing in Italian Formula Ford.....
However I remember they where based south of Milan, and Cesare Doneda, a racing driver himself, was the boss.
They were also involved in the very early Renault 5 Cup, and produced also Formula Super Ford and F.3 cars.
Back in 1978 the F.3 did very well in the early Italian championship races, driven by Swiss Bruno Pescia who, after the good performances got a ride in a new March 783, run by the Brambilla Brothers. The Brambillas in turn, after the GP Lotteria sacked Pescia to give the car to young sensation Oscar Pedersoli.......
Old 10 Dec 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3786163)   #3
Zcemy89
Rookie

Zcemy89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Fausto,
I've just acquired an F3 car built by Cesare Doneda (the one you describe above)- you seem to be the only person on the internet who knows they exist. I don't suppose you know any more? Cesare is now sadly deceased, and I know very little about it...
Any information gratefully received!