Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Feb 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2634917)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stoke Row Festival of Speed 2010.13th June

Some time away but we now have the date for this event again.Money raised will go to Air Ambulance and Richard Burns charity.The event will be bigger than last year. We will have the classic cars on the village green to free up more space for the racing cars.I am also opening up the event for Motor Sport oriented traders there will be no charge for a stand but we would like a donation towards the charities. Also the BBQ will be on Saturday evening for the supporters and you will be able to stay that evening for people with motor homes, Tents,Caravans ect.I can give out local pub no's that have accommodation if required.Please contact me via PM with e mail address if you can display your racing car "it does not matter what car you have"then i can keep you all up to speed as to whats going on. There will be a pit stop competition so I'm looking for teams to take part in that and also an Auction if anyone would like to donate items for sale.More info later. Thanks Iain.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2634944)   #2
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will talk to Fay & see what we are doing that weekend, how many cars are you aiming for this year Iain ?.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2634963)   #3
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain
I am sure if you fancy a 500 I can arrange it with dad. I would offer my Van Diemen but I suspect you have enough of those available already.
Stuart Wright
Old 17 Feb 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2634970)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Stuart. We had a Cooper 500 last year. Created a lot of interest.Can we say Sir Stirling Moss drove it.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2634980)   #5
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain
He drove every 500 in existence if you believe all of the stories.
I can however state the following Dad's Mk 5 led the Stirling Moss parade at Goodwood for Stirling's 70th birthday and the story has it that he bought a drive in the car when his car failed in qualifying in 1951.

Will talk closer to the time what you want us to bring.
Stuart
Old 17 Feb 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2634992)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Great thanks and i hope you and your dad will enter pit stop competition.Alan what do meen "see what Fay is doing". Tut tut.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2635002)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I will try and make it this year, no distractions at the foreseeable.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2635023)   #8
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you don't mind a nasty V8 (and a non AppK) then I would be interested in making a weekend of it. My calendar is free that w/e but will have to consult the missus. Would be bringing another nasty too - Yank motorhome - if thats ok?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2635031)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Brilliant. Thanks to all already.Don't forget you have to compete with a Galaxie
Old 17 Feb 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2635151)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a drive out will be on the cards for that weekend,so all being well,I'll be down Iain.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2635449)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain, I've no racing cars at the moment but will happily make a donation to the charity and bring some Racewear down. Think it sits nicely 'twixt MG Live and GP de l'Age d'Or.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2635458)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Iain, I've no racing cars at the moment but will happily make a donation to the charity and bring some Racewear down. Think it sits nicely 'twixt MG Live and GP de l'Age d'Or.
Brilliant .I will put you down as an exhibitor and i wont take anymore race wear shops.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2635462)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Sounds like a drive out will be on the cards for that weekend,so all being well,I'll be down Iain.
Your staff Tel. Why do you think i have been buying you breakfast.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2635474)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wondered what the catch was!
Old 21 Feb 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2637539)   #15
Randy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Henley on Thames
Randy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sounds very interesting... I run Hofmann's and Hofmann's Motorsport in Henley and would be happy to be involved. I can run/display Group-C cars, GT cars, Vintage cars and would be good to help the local community, especially as my sister lives in Stoke Row.

If you can call me on the Hofmann's Motrosport number 01491 812633 when you get a chance it would be terrific.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2637606)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
This sounds very interesting... I run Hofmann's and Hofmann's Motorsport in Henley and would be happy to be involved. I can run/display Group-C cars, GT cars, Vintage cars and would be good to help the local community, especially as my sister lives in Stoke Row.

If you can call me on the Hofmann's Motrosport number 01491 812633 when you get a chance it would be terrific.
Gosh its a small world. Thanks and i will call you next week.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2641850)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Hi Randy i have tried that phone number with no luck. Sent you a PM.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2641854)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Google is easy 01491 412633
Old 28 Feb 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2641919)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Google is easy 01491 412633
Thanks Tim. Can i put you and your V8 mates down as a pit stop team.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2641925)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Er, I don't have any mates but you can put me down and I'll try and rent a friend on the day
Old 28 Feb 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2641933)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
How many make up a team, Iain? Maybe enough for a 'tenthers' entry?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2641957)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Er, I don't have any mates but you can put me down and I'll try and rent a friend on the day

Could you get Eric along Tim,must be some sort of family discount?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2641994)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
4 in a team but i want all the teams to have a local youngster as the driver..The competition will be against the clock. Alan Morgan will be the adjudicator with stop watch. Driver in the car which will be my Delta single seater. 3 mechanics push car into the box. 1 mech on the jack the other two swapping wheels.No air guns good old speed wrench.then when finished the wheel change car back on ground to be pushed past a marker post.Trophies to 1st 2nd and 3rd teams.I nearly forgot its a tenner to enter each team.Got it.!!!!!. With you and your rental mates Al that's 4 teams already.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2642012)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
4 in a team but i want all the teams to have a local youngster as the driver..The competition will be against the clock. Alan Morgan will be the adjudicator with stop watch. Driver in the car which will be my Delta single seater. 3 mechanics push car into the box. 1 mech on the jack the other two swapping wheels.No air guns good old speed wrench.then when finished the wheel change car back on ground to be pushed past a marker post.Trophies to 1st 2nd and 3rd teams.I nearly forgot its a tenner to enter each team.Got it.!!!!!. With you and your rental mates Al that's 4 teams already.
OK, a bit of exercise during the day would be a good idea, so who's for making up another team? Do I need to bring own spider and torque wrench?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2642022)   #25
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Delta's got centrelock wheels (1.125" AF?) so probably a bit big for your spider, Mike. Iain's probably right not to let inexperienced punters loose with air tools or rattle guns, if only to avoid crossed-thread incidents...