Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1371849)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andy - get that design off to the Sheik and to Big John!

It's a massive improvement.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1371882)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
The top of the engine cover and the top of the nose the same, everything else is much bolder and thickened up and styled like a flag....agree about Green. The Holland car looks great in its vivid Orange
IMO the Dutch car has too much orange. I would like to see a red-white-blue car with orange. On the other hand there are already some cars with white/red, so this one is more striking.

The Brazilian car looks great: http://www.speedpics.nl/pages/photos...0D4&currPage=6

BTW your Union Flag car looks great!
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1371902)   #28
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portuguese car has way too much white :/
Old 4 Aug 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1371939)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Today's morning session:
Frankrijk 48.183 - 41 laps
Zwitserland 48.408 - 38 laps
Pakistan 48.573 - 36 laps
Engeland 48.585 - 38 laps
Braziliƫ 48.848 - 79 laps
Maleisiƫ 48.891 - 47 laps
Portugal 49.007 - 50 laps
Nederland 49.192 - 67 laps
Australiƫ 49.203 - 45 laps
Zuid-Afrika 49.211 - 57 laps
Nieuw-Zeeland 49.430 - 49 laps
USA 49.530 - 33 laps
Mexico 49.557 - 66 laps
Libanon 49.786 - 48 laps
China 51.685 - 33 laps

Source: www.verstappen.nl
Old 4 Aug 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1372093)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see in Dutch eyes, Great Britain's team has been replaced by England
Old 4 Aug 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1372144)   #31
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
All the times from yesterday and today are on the MST website - here. They are in PDF format and you have to click on the title - bottom left-hand corner of the screen under Special Events. Sorry, I don't seem able to do a more direct link.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1372147)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great to see the series off and running and if the testing times are anything to go by the competition is quite close..... however as the f1 folk say.. "it's only testing"
Old 4 Aug 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1372186)   #33
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Andy - get that design off to the Sheik and to Big John!

It's a massive improvement.
Very nice Andy - very much sort of what I had in mind, great minds think alike! However John asked me to incorporate 'Vanwall' green as I said. I was proposing to have the front of the nose green, airbrushed and fading into 'arty' union flag stripes, virtually as you have here. I would also have the front end of the engine cover, around the airbox intake green, so from head on camera shots, a lot of green would be prominent. Not sure on the back wing - a big selling space for sponsors. Might have to be white unless they find a company that has corporate scheme to fit in with the red/blue.

Send us a PM with your email address if you like, I'll give you Johns e-mail you can send it on to him.
But as I said, my designs were stopped before they saw them, the Sheik wanted full control over the design.
Cheers.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1372250)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I see in Dutch eyes, Great Britain's team has been replaced by England
In Holland: England = Great Britain
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1372302)   #35
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same with just about everywhere else unfortunately...

At least the fact a non-Englishman (Manx) is driving the car gives no-one any excuses!

[/politics]
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1372311)   #36
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with most people in thinking that the Brazilian livery is great! Although not as stunning as China, but at least it's quicker

And another I really like is the Dutch livery. At least that's one country sticking to their national racing colours, and I bet it'll really stand out in the crowd.

Shame a lot of them only ran with black cars. But I suppose it keeps us guessing. Can't wait to see what Switzerland, USA, etc. look like
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 4 Aug 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1372384)   #37
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shame a lot of them only ran with black cars. But I suppose it keeps us guessing. Can't wait to see what Switzerland, USA, etc. look like
if New Zealand was in ur list of blak cars .....the new zealand car's livery colour is black, NZ is represented with colour black in all sports. Iwouldnt be surprised if NZ team got the car and all they had to do was to stick a sliver fern on the side !!
Old 4 Aug 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1372407)   #38
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfan
if New Zealand was in ur list of blak cars .....the new zealand car's livery colour is black, NZ is represented with colour black in all sports. Iwouldnt be surprised if NZ team got the car and all they had to do was to stick a sliver fern on the side !!
Thats what they did at the test. A silver fern on the side. Once every car is painted up, that will look quite distinctive. There was a Holden Supercar V8 a couple of years ago in Black and Silver as a 'Team NZ' sort of entry and it looked great
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:56 (Ref:1372502)   #39
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one surprised to see that Malaysia and Pakistan are quicker than Great Britain?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1372610)   #40
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Zealand should be green with silver stripe-which looked good when people like Howden Ganley & Bert Hawthorne used it in the 60s-70s.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1372696)   #41
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea why Australia was black in the test? It had a nice green and golden livery at Eastern Creek...
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1372704)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Am I the only one surprised to see that Malaysia and Pakistan are quicker than Great Britain?

It's only testing!

And the drivers of those two cars both have at least some British blood in them anyway
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1372718)   #43
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A number of the cars were unpainted, having bare carbon fibre tubs. Probably because they were delivered to the teams very late.

The NZ car was painted and unlike cars fro USA, Aus, Malaysia etc
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1372776)   #44
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Thats what they did at the test. A silver fern on the side. Once every car is painted up, that will look quite distinctive. There was a Holden Supercar V8 a couple of years ago in Black and Silver as a 'Team NZ' sort of entry and it looked great
They are still there and doing well this year with ex-BTCC racer and Kiwi Paul Radisich pedalling the car. Check out their website at www.teamkiwiracing.co.nz
Old 5 Aug 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1372879)   #45
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
Any idea why Australia was black in the test? It had a nice green and golden livery at Eastern Creek...

The one at Eastern Creek has been in loads of country's liveries - it's been demoed all round the world.

The one at Silverstone is Australia's own car.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1373100)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I reckon Brazil is ahead in the livery stakes at the moment.

They may have pulled off a smart move team-wise as well. In the photos I see Fredric Vasseur, the man behind ASM and ART. And they covered far more laps than anyone else.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Piquet Jr in the car for Brands, because he was ace there in BF3 days and Kanaan has a prior commitment. Mind you, Pizzonia wasn't too shabby either.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1373116)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

foxy mole - you are correct - ART/ASM is running the Brazil car