Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 6 Mar 2004, 09:48 (Ref:895656)   #1
jadlamracing
Rookie

jadlamracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF1600 Aussy GP Results

Check out the Aussy FF1600 results from the GP meeting
http://www.mediacomservices.com.au/c...p?idno=formula

FF1600 pulls in the crowds http://www.mediacomservices.com.au/H..._grid_2003.jpg
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:07 (Ref:895893)   #2
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get too excited. It should have been F3 there but for a disagreeance with a TV network.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:12 (Ref:895959)   #3
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the FF1600 would have been better to watch.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:54 (Ref:895981)   #4
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought they ran with the smaller side pods but on those pics they look the same as UK spec.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 19:07 (Ref:896171)   #5
jadlamracing
Rookie

Aussy's run same as us ,NZ run smaller pods.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 19:59 (Ref:896215)   #6
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any of the ones at the front a car that you have converted John?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 20:42 (Ref:896229)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
None of the cars that come here are strictly speaking converted... the RF04 Vandiemens are already Kent spec from the factory when they land here, while the Spectrum is locally made, and doesnt have a Zetec version
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Mar 2004, 21:02 (Ref:896236)   #8
jadlamracing
Rookie

Hi Matt ,yes i had 4 cars running, 3 we converted,my Original RF01 car came 13th, Driver Cade Southall.Not sure on the other 3 drivers they are being run by Minda Motorsport,still waiting for a full report back .I will have a copy of all 3 races on tape with me next week.Looks good for the RF04's but they are run by a top team i believe.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 21:46 (Ref:896274)   #9
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The RF04 are being run by Sonic Motorsport a four car operation. Michael Ritter runs a very good operation at Sonic thats why they are regular at the topof the table. There are a couple of other RF04 being run by independant drivers and two brand new Spectrums in the Aussie series this year.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 13:02 (Ref:896983)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And it seems James Small's 2004 campaign may come to a close before it really got a chance to begin. The #10 coverage missed the race, but basically Mr Washington brake tested him before one of the turns, and James did a Ralf at the same track in 2002, and went up over the back wheel of Washington and ended up in the fence.

They replayed the incident several times on GP TV at the track, and it looks for all the world like Washington pulled up too early for no obvious reason.

Nice thing to do to a teammate! NOT!

Here's hoping the new sponsor for the weekend in Sanden air conditioning compressors liked what they saw in the genuine pace James has, and supplies the dollars needed to get him back on the track quick smart.

And that Mr Washington takes a hard look at himself and chooses another career!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 23:50 (Ref:897569)   #11
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although launching a FF1600 at the Grand Prix meeting is nearly a tradition. I didn't see the James Small incident but I can rember plenty of occasions over the year with the same thing at this meeting. Hoping that James will be back on track as the battle between Sonic & Borland Racing will be a good one in 2004.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 02:53 (Ref:897631)   #12
smoojie
Rookie

smoojie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That pic is from last year's race, i can actually see me right right right down the back!!
Old 8 Mar 2004, 04:59 (Ref:897678)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The incident made the Herald Sun today, a shame they didnt get a pic. The article suggested Small was brake tested... and they had the dead #5 car under a death sheet
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:08 (Ref:900730)   #14
BrettFrancis
Rookie

BrettFrancis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
... basically Mr Washington brake tested him before one of the turns...

...The article suggested Small was brake tested...
I don't think it's quite right or fair to be saying that Bryce in anyway "brake tested" James. It definately does not suggest that in the article - James suggests it in his quote, and Bryce denies it in his. The article itself does not present this as an opinion. (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...E32082,00.html)

I have raced against Bryce and know that he would not do this sort of thing, and for you to accuse him here is uncalled for. I don't recall him being involved in any incidents leading up to the GP, and he probably has one of the cleanest driving records of anyone out there.

I'm also not sure why you think Bryce would need to have a hard look at himself and find another career. He seems to be very good at race driving. Two pole positions this year, winner of the first round of the AFFC, winner of the Alan Jones Trophy at the GP. Maybe if he did take up something else the rest of us might have a chance...
Old 12 Mar 2004, 00:37 (Ref:902608)   #15
Arai GP5
Racer

Arai GP5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bryce is in his third year of motor racing, and I think he's doing pretty well (understatement). I doubt he would have brake-tested anyone.

Look at Murph and Skaife in Race 1. Murph claimed Skaife had braked 'way early', and Skaife's data showed he'd braked 7 metres deeper than the lap before.

Unfortunate incident, and one that I openly admit that I did not see - but have heard a lot about. The 'brake-test' debate is one that is always running in all forms of motorsport.

As Brett said, I've never seen Bryce take someone out - his complete lack of karting has actually made him an extremely clean racer. If anything, last year he lacked a little vigour when racing around his teammates - and I'm not the only one who thought that.

But as I said - I didn't see it. Hope James's gets back out there, and good luck Brett for 04.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 12:57 (Ref:903177)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I was at Wakefield Park to see the return of a former FF driver a long time out of the seat, and he was doing all sorts of things that I thought were out of character for such a person in that class.

My comments on Mr Washinton are made on the basis of a number of drivers in that class who have driven in close proximity to him in the FF series in 2003, and on balance the opinion isnt necessarily a positive one.

And I doubt James Small will be back unfortunately.