Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 19 Jan 2002, 22:49 (Ref:201452)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Die cast forum

I'd like to see a die cast model forum, because the awareness of die cast models isn't as good as it could be. also, I 'd like to repeat the call for die cast models to be available from the ten-tenths shop if possible.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 11:13 (Ref:201621)   #2
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a collector of die-cast model formula one cars, I feel it would be a great idea to have a die-cast forum. With new replicas released nearly every week, a forum of this nature would allow us never again to miss those limited edition replicas which are gone almost as soon as they are released.

And if you lot decide on having this new forum, you'll probably be looking for a forum host
Old 20 Jan 2002, 11:32 (Ref:201628)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
At the minute die-cast posts would be welcome in Armchair Enthusiast. There's an obvious computer game bias in there at the moment but don't let that put you off. Any potential new forum needs to show that there will be sufficient posts to warrant it. The more you get posting now, the better your chances of a home of your own.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 12:49 (Ref:201655)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps there could be a model forum that tied up with the shop, selling the die cast models?

Should, if there was a Model forum, extend it to Radio Control Cars as well? Although they're quite comfatable in Armchair Enthusiasts - it isn't a sit on your backside 'activity' - it is a seriously taken motorsport. I could also put it to good use with my new site.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 13:12 (Ref:201659)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Due to the fact that no one supports the shop, it will be closing shortly. In any case, there are no suppliers prepared to offer a commission on die casts - believe me, I've tried.

With regard to the forum, it's exactly as Redshoes says. If the demand is there I will consider it.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 22:12 (Ref:202409)   #6
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been trying to post pictures of my new diecasts in the armchair section, but they don't seem to get many views there. I get a much better response on the sportscar forum, but i know that is not where they are supposed to be placed. It's a tricky dilemma, post where no one sees it, or show it it to everyone where it is not supposed to be put.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 03:18 (Ref:203017)   #7
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LucaBadoer

"And if you lot decide on having this new forum, you'll probably be looking for a forum host"

I am glad to see that Luca collects. He seems to have a reasonable voice. Didn't Badoer once drive for the Larrousse team?

Perhaps you could get a host from one of the mail order places to come and announce what is coming up. Of course, we would have to put up with some shameless plugs as where to buy models from, but that would be a small price. And of course, members here would get a small discount. More stars, bigger discount. That sort of thing.

And instead of pulling the plug on the 10/10th shop, maybe make it part of the new diecast section where it will get seen more. I was unaware there was a shop or I might have purchased something. Especially models because you know how I am about those!
Old 23 Jan 2002, 19:06 (Ref:203315)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If you are reading this via one of the affiliates you won't have seen the link to the shop - http://tentenths.com/shop/ There's a selection of t-shirts, magazines, videos and posters sold via an affiliate scheme. The only items which 10-10ths deal with direct are a range of t-shirts, caps, fleeces, etc. These are in fairly limited supply so if you want something speak to Craig urgently. As Craig has already explained the shop doesn't sell models.

To repeat what has already been said, a die-cast forum is something we have discussed (personnaly I'm all for it) but it needs support. Dr Austin, in answer to your question, please post your pics in Armchair. I seem to remember someone (might have been touringlegend) complaining that RC models get no interest there yet last I looked there's a thread with 500+ posts on the subject.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 20:04 (Ref:203349)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There isn't really that much demand for RC Cars, but what I was suggesting was that the propsed "Die Cast" forum be extended to Models in general should it be created.

Yes there is a very big post about RC cars in there redshoes, but mainly it is only me and two other guys posting in it, plus its been going for nearly a year.

Last edited by touringlegend; 23 Jan 2002 at 20:06.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 20:10 (Ref:203353)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe you've just gone some way to answering your own question... If no-one is taking the time to find that topic and partake, then it's extremely doubtful that there's enough interest in the forum to justify it's own forum.

I am strongly in favour of everything combined in one forum anyway - I know we have a number of forums for different subjects, but this *is* a motorsport forum. A large number of forums on different subjects don't really fit with our 'business plan'
Old 23 Jan 2002, 20:11 (Ref:203354)   #11
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After being in that sort of business for a year - there isn't much of a demand for this type of product - only seems to be leading up to seasons etc. It might help people looking for models etc. It helped me find one that I have been looking for since 1999.