Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2003, 10:45 (Ref:714879)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
2004 GP Calender

LONDON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Calendar for the 2004 Formula
One Grand Prix motor racing world championship released by the
International Automobile Federation (FIA) on Thursday:
March 7 Australian GP, Melbourne
March 21 Malaysian GP, Sepang
April 4 *** Bahrain GP, Bahrain
April 25 European GP, Nuerburgring, Germany
May 9 Spanish GP, Barcelona
May 23 Monaco GP, Monaco
June 6 San Marino GP, Imola
June 20 U.S. GP, Indianapolis
July 4 British GP, Silverstone
July 11 * French GP, Magny-Cours
July 25 German GP, Hockenheim
August 15 Hungarian GP, Budapest
August 29 ** Belgian GP, Spa-Francorchamps
September 12 Italian GP, Monza
September 26 *** Chinese GP, Shanghai
October 10 Japanese GP, Suzuka
October 24 Brazilian GP, Sao Paulo
Notes: * Subject to contract
** Subject to tobacco law
*** Subject to circuit aproval
Old 11 Sep 2003, 10:57 (Ref:714885)   #2
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope the Bahrein and the Chinese gp while get the aproval it's nice to see some new race tracks.And the Brazilian GP is a suprise that it's wile be the final race off the season.And it's nice to see Spa-Francochamps back on the calender
Old 11 Sep 2003, 11:10 (Ref:714894)   #3
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
I found the accompanying Reuters news statement amusing:
"China's Shanghai and the race in Bahrain remained subject to approval of their facilities, billed as the most advanced in Formula One and the work of renowned circuit designer Hermann Tilke"

The only thing he is renowned for is building some of the most boring "short straight, 2nd gear corner, short straight etc..." circuits in existence.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 11:12 (Ref:714898)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would rather call him 'infamous' instead of 'renowned'...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 11:19 (Ref:714906)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are they ending the season at the biggest dump on the calendar? Is this their 'punishment' for the shambles that the last few years have been? :confused:
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:12 (Ref:714963)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My GOD !!!! Final race Brazil !!!!! October 24, I have to check the weather for that time of the year...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:14 (Ref:714966)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see Silverstone staying on
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:15 (Ref:714969)   #8
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
egg fried race

I just heard the announcement that there are to be 2 new GP venues next season, 1 in Bahrain and the other in Shanghai to be known as the Chinese GP. Does this mean that 1/2 an hour after watching it you'll fancy seeing another one?:confused:
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:20 (Ref:714977)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Why are they ending the season at the biggest dump on the calendar? Is this their 'punishment' for the shambles that the last few years have been? :confused:
Damon, I won't take that personally, and we have discussed about it far enough, but it was a fantastic race compared to others we had in few years back.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:25 (Ref:714983)   #10
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think it seems right to have Brazil at the end.

Dont get me wrong, i love the track, i think its one of the best layouts, but, as a last race?!

First of all, the weather?! How can you have a very important race for the championship, in extremely wet conditions, with people spearing off all over the place?! Solid weather track is best for the end. Especially as we have come to get used to the the championship usually classically ending in Japan.

Its a dump! the track is nice, even if there are some draining problems. How can you have such a hugely important race, with a huge amount of attention, in a place where the facilities are not that great?

Me thinks it might be in hope that JPM will win the championship there next year.
If it is in terms of who will win the championship where, they should race at Spain......or get themselves an arctic round.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:26 (Ref:714984)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

...and the "biggest dump" seems to be in another continent...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:27 (Ref:714988)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does it rain every year in Brasil? I have also asked this question before, but what is the weather like in Sao Paolo in late October?

What about Fuji '76. Japan has been known to have the odd shower too!

At least it is a challenging track (although so is Suzuka).

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Sep 2003 at 12:29.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:31 (Ref:714994)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd thimk Bahrain would be your best bet for a non wet race as the last of the year
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:40 (Ref:715005)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Does it rain every year in Brasil? I have also asked this question before, but what is the weather like in Sao Paolo in late October?
Well, I lived there for 3 years, IIRC was danm cold and rainy... The dry period ends at the end of September.

Right now is 20 degrees...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:45 (Ref:715016)   #15
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just been told that The french are not going to be hosting the race next year anyone know if this is true or not?
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:51 (Ref:715028)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If Magny-Cours loses its GP, what price a revival of Paul Ricard? Now, who owns Ricard? Oh yes...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:55 (Ref:715032)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
I've just been told that The french are not going to be hosting the race next year anyone know if this is true or not?

July 11 * French GP, Magny-Cours

* Subject to contract
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:01 (Ref:715038)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
No offence meant Bon, sorry if it was caused. But the Brazilian GP has long had problems, we had drainage problems this year, sponsor haudings falling on the track before that, the terribly bumpy surface and every single year we have stories of theft and muggings. Not the best place to hold the the race that we remember through the winter if you ask me.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:11 (Ref:715054)   #19
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
If Magny-Cours loses its GP, what price a revival of Paul Ricard? Now, who owns Ricard? Oh yes...
I don't know, really I dont, but from the way that this was written I bet it has something to do with Mr Ecclestone, and if it does that probably means no France then.

After the way that they treated the Morgan teasm earlier in the year I would not be too bothered if the French never held a GP again
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:24 (Ref:715073)   #20
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see a calender without any *s next to Silverstone for once...!

As for Brazil hosting the last race, as I've said before: championship decider + prime time slot in Europe = huge viewing figures. It makes no sense for European F1 fans to have to get up at 5am to see who wins the title.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:35 (Ref:715092)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
That's a valid point cos, but why not make it Indy instead?
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:36 (Ref:715096)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
No offence meant Bon, sorry if it was caused. But the Brazilian GP has long had problems, we had drainage problems this year, sponsor haudings falling on the track before that, the terribly bumpy surface and every single year we have stories of theft and muggings. Not the best place to hold the the race that we remember through the winter if you ask me.
Ok

The drainage problems were the result of a change in the gravel trap demanded by FIA, then an unexpected rainstorm raised the problem.
Sponsor plates falling, well, nothing is perfect, like priests running into the cars...
The stories of thefts is more related to the country infamousity. Jaguar and Minardi claims proved to be own mistakes. Minardi forgot the wheels in Malaysia and Jaguar found out their stolen computers behind a container in the garage.
I've not been there this year, but friends of mine had no problem at all with that sort of thing.

I have to admit though that October might not be an ideal time to race there...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:41 (Ref:715103)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
cos has raised the point I was going to - well done.

Getting up early for the season finale is stupid, especially if most fans are in Europe.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:42 (Ref:715104)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Weather doesn't look too bad for that time of year:
http://www.farandwide.com/php/weathe...0&wpg=3&mon=10

And I like the sound of relaxing with a beer in the afternoon, instead of watching the race after returning from a club.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 11 Sep 2003 at 13:43.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 13:48 (Ref:715112)   #25
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone said, still seeing Silverstone and Spa in the list is quite relieving!