Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 7 Sep 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1400947)   #26
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiaml
I finally have SPEED channel! Looks like I ought to be able to catch the races after all!
Is Speed showing the A1 races ? I've been watching for advertisement of it, but have seen NOTHING. Then again I've been on the road for a week, and contracts may have been done since then.

Enquiring minds need to know.....
Old 7 Sep 2005, 04:03 (Ref:1401014)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would think that Speed would cover it, for I would imagine the nation aspect of it would market well. Considering some of the obscure stuff they show, presumably it would have a slot potential somewhere.....

I hope so at least.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1401142)   #28
go-jordan
Rookie

Ireland
Contaé na Mí, Ireland
go-jordan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
I think sky sports has it sealed up and from what I have read of it there coverage really looks good. There might be a highlights package for rte
But the last thing irish fans want is coverage of british commentators harping on about how great team gb is and rarly hearing about team ireland. Plus on the a1gp site it sayes only the uk has sky sports coverage so heres hoping.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1401292)   #29
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Television broadcasting rights......Don't ya love them! When Setanta sports got F1 i enquired about getting it in the north of Ireland but was informed it was only available in the south of Ireland. Pain in the back side! Hope it gets sorted for you
Old 7 Sep 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1401788)   #30
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go-jordan ... I think Ben Edwards is one of the great motorsport commentators, and I don't think you'll find him too partisan. And John Watson has a rather melodic lilt in his voice, don't you think?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1402060)   #31
go-jordan
Rookie

Ireland
Contaé na Mí, Ireland
yea there great and all of that but we will want to hear about team ireland and not team GB. If it was rte broadcasting a1gp in britian you lot would not want to hear about team ireland constantly.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1402108)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The commentary feed from Sky, with Ben Edwards and John Watson, will as I understand it, also be available as the "international" English language feed - so I don't anticipate it being overly biased.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1402183)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic news.

Ben Edwards is the love of my life.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1402203)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does Belinda know?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1402210)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't answer that, too sordid.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1402786)   #36
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Fantastic news.

Ben Edwards is the love of my life.
Is this your way of coming out knowlesy
With John and Ben on board now this championship looks better and better
Old 9 Sep 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1402939)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Do we know yet if Speed will cover the races here in the USA? They have pulled the San Antonio race (Holding head in hands) Ohh Well!
Old 9 Sep 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1403010)   #38
go-jordan
Rookie

Ireland
Contaé na Mí, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
The commentary feed from Sky, with Ben Edwards and John Watson, will as I understand it, also be available as the "international" English language feed - so I don't anticipate it being overly biased.

Itv has the "international" English language feed also and all we ever hear is button this and coulthard that.

Also do you know how mush sky costs in ireland. with sky sports 60 yo yos.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1403167)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-jordan
Itv has the "international" English language feed also and all we ever hear is button this and coulthard that.

Also do you know how mush sky costs in ireland. with sky sports 60 yo yos.

ITV's feed is not specifically "international" - it's just that other broadcasters have chosen to use it (although I've always found James more pro-Schumacher than pro-British).

But anyway.

As for the cost of Sky - you take it or leave it!
Old 9 Sep 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1403317)   #40
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we know yet if Speed will cover the races here in the USA? They have pulled the San Antonio race (Holding head in hands) Ohh Well!

I emailed them on Monday asking exactly that. No reply. My guess is that if they wern't in negotiations they would have written back with a definite "no". No reply makes me think they're negotiating down to the wire as they did with F1 a few years ago. Least I hope.......

San Antonio....an opportunity missed... think I'm going to Laguna, however.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 01:00 (Ref:1403342)   #41
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFreak

I emailed them on Monday asking exactly that. No reply. My guess is that if they wern't in negotiations they would have written back with a definite "no". No reply makes me think they're negotiating down to the wire as they did with F1 a few years ago. Least I hope.......

San Antonio....an opportunity missed... think I'm going to Laguna, however.

Thank you RaceFreak! Yes indeed as I live in Austin and was looking forward to that event, any racing event* Moan groan blah blah*
Old 10 Sep 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1403369)   #42
mclaren_fanatic
Rookie

mclaren_fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz1627
does anybody know what channel it will be on in new zealand and if it will be live or not
Quli and race live on TV3. By the way TVNZ have lost the rights to F1 and will be on sky next year...
Old 18 Sep 2005, 03:12 (Ref:1410166)   #43
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Still no news as far a live coverage in the USA? I wrote to Speed channel about three weeks ago and have heard nothing back..Nice!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1410322)   #44
F1IndyCarFan
Rookie

United States
Wilmington, NC USA
F1IndyCarFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV in USA

I have DirectTV Satellite and TiVo (Digital Recorder) and I have used keyword " A1GP" and it should have told me of any programming upcoming. Especially only a week before the event. Unfortunately I do not believe the Brands Hatch race will be televised in th USA.

I'm hopng the usual racing channels like Speed TV, Fox, ESPN etc. will pick it up.

Racing off season sucks...except for the Paris/Dakar.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1410361)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Live video stream: http://www.a1gp-tv.com ?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 00:58 (Ref:1410982)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1IndyCarFan
I have DirectTV Satellite and TiVo (Digital Recorder) and I have used keyword " A1GP" and it should have told me of any programming upcoming. Especially only a week before the event. Unfortunately I do not believe the Brands Hatch race will be televised in th USA.

I'm hopng the usual racing channels like Speed TV, Fox, ESPN etc. will pick it up.

Racing off season sucks...except for the Paris/Dakar.
isnt it stupid? Speed show enough NASCAR to sink a battleship.One would think that they Ohh never mind..
Old 19 Sep 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1411036)   #47
peejaycee
Rookie

England
Dubai
peejaycee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm living in Dubai and it seems as thiugh the only channel broadcasting it here is Al Jazeera Sports. Apart from the fact that I don't think I can get it, it will be in Arabic.....

I am quite lucky normally - have (illegally here....) got a couple of decoders & packages which give me the 8-sports channels from Mnet in South Africa and also the Motors TV + Eurosport channels. It seems as though A1GP will not be on any of them though....!!!!!