Old 2 Feb 2007, 04:45 (Ref:1831587)   #1
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 7 - Eastern Creek

Hello,

I will be attending the Eastern Creek round on Sunday. Does anyone have a program available of the support categories? I heard that AusGT were going to be there - I'm guessing F3 and FF too.

Does anyone have more information?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 06:48 (Ref:1831602)   #2
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea sorry, but Friday A1GP practice results are in. I would post the results here but am struggling to connect to the A1GP website. USA topped the 'rookie' session in damp conditions dried out, New Zealand, france and Germany are at the top in the afternoon session.

Australia are in the midfield citing handling problems.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 08:20 (Ref:1831626)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
1 19 Jonny REID NEW ZEALAND...............
2 6 Loic DUVAL FRANCE 2
3 7 Nico HÜLKENBERG GERMANY
4 5 Tomas ENGE CZECH REPUBLIC
5 17 Salvador DURAN MEXICO
6 23 Sebastien BUEMI SWITZERLAND
7 22 Alan VAN DER MERWE SOUTH AFRICA
8 18 Jeroen BLEEKEMOLEN NETHERLANDS
9 12 Richard LYONS IRELAND
10 25 Philip GIEBLER USA
11 21 Christian MURCHISON SINGAPORE
12 1 Karl REINDLER AUSTRALIA
13 8 Robbie KERR GREAT BRITAIN
14 16 Alex YOONG MALAYSIA
15 13 Enrico TOCCACELO ITALY
16 11 Ananda MIKOLA INDONESIA
17 4 Ho-Pin TUNG CHINA
18 2 Tuka ROCHA BRAZIL
19 3 James HINCHCLIFFE CANADA
20 15 Alex KHATEEB LEBANON
21 10 Parthiva SURESHWAREN INDIA
22 20 Nur ALI PAKISTAN
Old 2 Feb 2007, 08:46 (Ref:1831636)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Full timetable (shamelessly stolen from another thread)
Old 2 Feb 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1831647)   #5
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor form from Canada today. I wonder what there problem was.

Brazil are so much worse than season one. And this year's design looks worse in my opinion too!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 11:17 (Ref:1831754)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me thinks you're being too kind Kiwi, but thanks.

Indeed, consistently to the tune of a full second and a half behind in sector 2 alone. I didn't see any times in the rookie sessions though; I'm hoping it was a case of not being able to find the right set-up (yet) the first time out. Hoping at least or, it's gonna be a awfully long weekend.

Lets go boyz!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1831783)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Full timetable (shamelessly stolen from another thread)
Thank you very much. Its a shame to see the LCD entertainment sessions included.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1831874)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
heard aus gt & f3 have there opening rounds there.

why are team australia nowhere, all season they have been slow - do something alan jones ... get christian to drive
Old 2 Feb 2007, 14:37 (Ref:1831925)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
Brazil are so much worse than season one. And this year's design looks worse in my opinion too!
Well, they don't have Nelsinho Piquet, which would make a difference. But I'm sure they could have chosen someone better than Tuka Rocha. Most Brazilians are like most Finns; they're natural born racing drivers!

I agree about the livery, too. I thought last year's car was the best looking on the grid.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1832283)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hulkenberg to the front again this session.

Robbie Kerr second fastest though so far, half way through the session. Must've been reading all the banter this week on tenths?

Live timing here.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1832412)   #11
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
heard aus gt & f3 have there opening rounds there.

why are team australia nowhere, all season they have been slow - do something alan jones ... get christian to drive
Please tell me you mean actor Christian Slater not Mr. Jones junior
Old 3 Feb 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1832447)   #12
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What a surprise, NZ and GER ahead of everyone else again. A1 should ban their engineer from the series, it just isn't a level playing field!
Old 3 Feb 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1832548)   #13
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
The top 4, are an easy second ahead of everybody else. Good for them. Classification times here.

Robbie Kerr sure came through, no question he's running at the front in this one. I think he had a couple of fastest sector times in the last qualifying session IIRC. It'll be interesting to see how he goes in the race. Don't follow Kerr much but couldn't help but notice his result given all the discussion recently in the "GB - Who Should Drive" thread. Disappointed with Canada's result but hey, what're ya gonna do? Hinchcliffe can move it up on the grid for the feature race, I'm not gonna put it past him.

Sprint race starts at 5 pm mountain here, I think, 7 pm eastern. I'd kill for live video coverage. I just don't think it's out there, is it?

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 3 Feb 2007 at 13:21.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 14:39 (Ref:1832577)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
What a surprise, NZ and GER ahead of everyone else again. A1 should ban their engineer from the series, it just isn't a level playing field!
There are two engineers, you know. Rob Cresswell for Germany and Chris Gorne for NZ. I liked the footage of the two sitting at opposite sides of a table with their drivers before the final segment. No eye contact and an obvious but healthy rivalry!
Old 3 Feb 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1832582)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Disappointed with Canada's result but hey, what're ya gonna do? Hinchcliffe can move it up on the grid for the feature race, I'm not gonna put it past him.
You're disappointed? I tipped him to come 4th in the main race, so I sure hope he does come through!!
Old 3 Feb 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1832585)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I hear ya Strider.

I thought they were getting it together there, esp. near the end but....aggregate time just not good enough. Keepin the faith though.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1832908)   #17
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Germany took another win with Newzeland and France 2nd and third.
Robbie took 2nd from the start with Newzeland close behind. Safety car came out and seems as though Newzeland got the jump on Robbie then the next thing Robbie retires. Don't know if there was any contact or not.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 00:44 (Ref:1832913)   #18
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody Australians are an embarasment
Old 4 Feb 2007, 00:45 (Ref:1832914)   #19
nev
Racer

Flat tyre !!
Old 4 Feb 2007, 00:50 (Ref:1832917)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
nev is referring to the Sprint Race.

1. Germany
2. New Zealand
3. France
4. Switzerland
5. Netherlands
6. China
7. Malaysia
8. USA
9. Czech Republic
10. Ireland

Fastest lap: Germany

GBR was 19th, ending the race a lap down and in the pits. How was the flat tyre caused, I wonder?

Feature Race in just over 3 hours.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 01:13 (Ref:1832925)   #21
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
nev is referring to the Sprint Race.

GBR was 19th, ending the race a lap down and in the pits. How was the flat tyre caused, I wonder?

Feature Race in just over 3 hours.
We will see in a couple of hours. It could have been due to contact but i will make jugement when i see it, you never know it could have just punctured.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 01:17 (Ref:1832928)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Brief sprint race report here.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 01:22 (Ref:1832929)   #23
nev
Racer

And to quote "But it wasn't to be Kerr's day and a left front puncture allowed Reid back through at the restart and eventually forced the Brit out."

That would lead onto Kerr having a puncture prior to Reid overtaking.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 01:29 (Ref:1832930)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Yoong has driven at Eastern Creek before, last year's A1GP, and also in the Lansvale Smash Repairs VX that is now the Kelly Bros K2 ride car
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2007, 02:53 (Ref:1832950)   #25
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosport.com
after Team ******* **** ***** shunted.
I edited it for the spoiler.

Is that even the proper way to use that word? Lol.

GO USA!