Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Aug 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2745821)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nogaro 50th Historic Festival 5 September

Whilst others where busying themselves in Norfolk last week I was touring France on holiday and one of my stays was with friends who live close to Nogaro. What a nice little town. Having looked on their website I see their is a Festival to celebrate 50 years. The timetable looks impressive with Lurani FJ and FIA F1.

Anyone who goes should venture into the town and go to the cafe in the square and try the honey glazed foie gras - truly one of the most memorable lunches I have had for a long time!!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2745823)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How the other half live, eh?

Right, I'm off to my local for a pint with Chicken and Mushroom pie with peas and rice, allegedly home made!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2745829)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if its any consolation it was considerably cheaper and better than the foie gras burger I had at Nikki Beach a few days before - however the waitresses at Nikki Beach made up for it!!!! ;o)
JT seriously its a cheap and easy place to get to and worth the effort - the track doubles up as an airfield and I understand has a very "local" feel to it in a similar way to Combe.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2745847)   #4
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

Right, I'm off to my local for a pint with Chicken and Mushroom pie with peas and rice, allegedly home made!

Off for lunch! at 11.44 How do these people do it?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2745971)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Lunch here we go again.Think this was discussed a couple of years ago. I was hoping to go to Nogaro with the March but looks like im back to Dijon that weekend.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2745977)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post

Off for lunch! at 11.44 How do these people do it?
Back now! Benefit of being older; one of the very few I might add. Haven't been in full time employment for some years, which as it has turned out was probably a mistake but can't turn the clock back now, unfortunately. Of course, our Gordon has it completely cracked hasn't he?

Simon, I was only teasing, I think!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2745983)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

he could only have improved it by being a senior civil servant - he then would be retired at 55 with a substantial pension..... but we digress!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2746047)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

The peas I could believe but home made rice?

Agriculture branching out somewhat on the East coast John?

Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2746438)   #9
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
he could only have improved it by being a senior civil servant - he then would be retired at 55 with a substantial pension..... but we digress!
Does Mr Clegg know about this?
Old 18 Aug 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2746822)   #10
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used to live near Nogaro -- have some good suggestions ! The only good place in Nogaro itself is the Cafe already mentioned.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2747235)   #11
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Les horaires (timetable) de Nogaro 50;
http://www.circuit-nogaro.com/librar...24_06_2010.pdf

Wasn't Nogaro a typical F2 circuit in the old days?

Old 22 Aug 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2748412)   #12
equipic
Rookie

equipic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame on you for eating foie gras. Agree about cafe and village though as I was there earlier in the year.