Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3658729)   #26
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Sack them both and put Wehrlein and Haryanto in the car.

That would prove how good the Merc was, if one of them could win the WDC.

I partly agree but would give Ocon the seat you allocated to Haryanto.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 12:10 (Ref:3658810)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I partly agree but would give Ocon the seat you allocated to Haryanto.
I would agree with you on talent P38, except if you are trying to prove a point that Mercedes engineering is peerless, and possibly get the first Asian WDC.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3659437)   #28
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get rid of them both - then hire Alonso and Vettel. Okay - I'm just saying that would be interesting.

Hmmm, I don't know about this - I do think that if Nico thinks that things aren't going his way - and he doesn't get the WDC - then despite the technical advantage that the Mercedes car has - I think he might go - as the in-fighting with Lewis might just not get him anywhere. I've got say, that it's sort of ironic in a way, as I think that he has been driving at much higher level this year(he got 7 wins in a row - counting back from last season) - and had he and Hamilton not had the crash in Spain - then he probably would have won that as well. At least for the first part of the season, Nico had the upper hand. Kudos to him for doing that against such a strong teammate.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3659629)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well life in the F1 paddock must be getting very boring if someone in there starts a silly rumour like this
Old 22 Jul 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3660089)   #30
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joostpijpen View Post
I have a scoop for you, from a very reliable source (Mercedes inside information). Unfortunately I cannot tell you their names or mine or we would all be out of a job.

The information is as follows: Mercedes 2017 lineup will still be British-German, but it will be Hamilton and Werhlein.
The decision has been taken last weekend in Austria.

Mercedes feel they have the best car and think everybody can win in their car. They think Rosberg has done nothing that someone else couldn't have done (think: Bottas, Wehrlein, Magnussen, Hulkenberg, etc).
All Rosberg junior has done is damage Mercedes' reputation (remember Spa 2014, Barcelona 2016, Austria 2016 amongst others), and whilst doing so destabilize the team.
Team talks and financial punishments have not cured the situation and for 2017 they need stability. Rosberg will be a liability, so he has to move on.
Mercedes has been watching Werhlein's progress and has been impressed by the job he has done in testing, and while racing for customer team Manor.

The official announcement could come as early as next race.
Preferably, Mercedes would want to wait until
-> the constructor's championship is safe [almost done]
-> the driver's championship is almost safe [almost done]
-> Hamilton has taken the lead in the championship [almost done]
If the Rosberg punishment in Silverstone was a bit heavier, it could even have been announced today.

Mercedes has won all but one of the races so far, and we all know why they didn't win that one. It is possible Ferrari or Red Bull or even an outsider will win a race, but no way will they beat Mercedes on a regular basis.

All they have to do afterwards is make sure Hamilton scores as much points as Rosberg. Hamilton can easily do that on his own. Of not, Mercedes can and will make sure he does.

Mercedes has specifically waited until the driver announcements at Ferrari (official) and Red Bull (unofficial still) are complete so Rosberg won't be able to move there.
While that may seem harsh, they feel Rosberg should be punished for his actions. And what better punishment than to make sure he doesn't have a competitive drive next year? Maybe he can replace Wehrlein if he finds a sponsor, or he can go to Williams if they are interested and be outclassed and finished by Bottas.

In Germany not everybody will be happy, but they will be appeased by the signing of the new German star. Rosberg will soon be forgotten.

Anyway, to summarize:
-> Hamilton/Werhlain at Mercedes in 2017
-> no driver championship for Rosberg in 2016
-> no top seat for Rosberg in 2017

Of course hardly anyone will believe me but when it gets announced remember I told you first.

Joost Pijpen

I think that theory has just got whacked on the head as Rosberg has just signed a contract for '17 & '18 with Mercedes.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125387
Old 22 Jul 2016, 08:05 (Ref:3660092)   #31
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who'd have ever thought that this insider info was wrong?! Especially when it was written with such vitriol against Rosberg?
Old 22 Jul 2016, 10:27 (Ref:3660104)   #32
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I think that theory has just got whacked on the head as Rosberg has just signed a contract for '17 & '18 with Mercedes.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125387
Well good for him. I know he is glad that distraction is
out of the way. Now its time to sink his teeth in a World Championship.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 11:55 (Ref:3660119)   #33
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Who'd have ever thought that this insider info was wrong?! Especially when it was written with such vitriol against Rosberg?
I am shocked that the OP was wrong!

I am patiently waiting for the OP to show up and give an explanation.

Richard
Old 22 Jul 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3660135)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Knew it was too early to be so sure about the 2017 line up
Old 22 Jul 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3660140)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes, I can't pretend to be wholly surprised that the original rumour turned out to be twaddle.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3660146)   #36
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am shocked that the OP was wrong!
You're shocked? I'm mortified!

Based on the perceived veracity and provenance of the OP, I bet the home on the outcome. I am now consigned to a cardboard box at the end of the road, and am reliant on Wi-Fi from my old neighbours to send this message.

Please donate generously to my account in Lagos.