Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 May 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2207839)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC Predictions Competition 2008 : Thruxton RESULTS

Bit of a bad scoring round by most...(mainly me)

Nobody got pole right. Or the first puncture (Shedden) - though most thought it would be the other Honda Civic of Mr. Chilton.

So crmalcolm took that round comfortably with 10 points, with ScotsBrutesFan, touringlegend, rdjones & mattt tied in second with 6 points.

Congratulations!

Round 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Total
Spaced Invader1358329
Robbe14210228
ScotsBrutesFan596626
rdjones5131625
crmalcolm11021023
touringlegend583622
NendoShisu1362021
medius1136020
Koulle2000020
mattt1021619
duke_toaster750012
Hazard333211
BootsOnTheSide1000010
kerrmanningjarv72009
SALEEN S7R81009
Matthopps  808
btcckid34007
awrb60006
Jmeissner60006
thebullet03036
DPRacing02002
Old 20 May 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2207845)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With just 6 points I was expecting to slide disasterously down the table not jump up one place.
Old 21 May 2008, 05:29 (Ref:2207967)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just a thought (although it doen't affect the results I think), was not the first puncture received by Giovanardi?
Old 21 May 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2208050)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
Just a thought (although it doen't affect the results I think), was not the first puncture received by Giovanardi?
Shedden punctured on Lap seven of Race one from the lead, which was a great pity as I predicted him for the race win.

Giovanardi's puncture came on the last lap of Race 2

EDIT: Just noticed the smilie

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 21 May 2008 at 07:50.
Old 21 May 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2208369)   #5
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well my score was better than the previous two rounds
Old 21 May 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2208583)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
ScotsBrutes corrected you rightly. Shedden had two punctures in race one and race two. Maybe if anyone had picked him, I should have awarded double points

Vaulkhard also pulled into pits with accident damage on the same lap as Shedden in race 1, which might have been a puncture which might have caused me calculation problems - but no one picked Vaulkhard either, and I can't confirm the puncture, and even if I did, since I used the first 'televised' get out which was definitately Shedden's, I'm covered.

So I stand my ground, it was Shedden who got the first puncture. I was quite relieved as I didn't have to watch every car to see who actually got it since Shedden's happened so early (same as Turk's jump start penalty last time out in race 1 at Donington )
Old 22 May 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2208780)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree, Shedden did get the first 'racing' puncture, my query was based on Giovanardi's Saturday puncture, which was the first picked up over the weekend. Apologies for any confusion caused.
Old 22 May 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2209138)   #8
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a pathetic haul of 3 points fudges me clear at the top!
Old 25 May 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2211225)   #9
NendoShisu
Racer

England
LUTON
NendoShisu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot to put my predictions in so I lost out on any change of the feeble points I may have got.

Ahh Well always Croft innit!