Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 Mar 2008, 02:00 (Ref:2162656)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just My Opinion....

Not sure if I'm actually allowed to do this as a mod, but.....

Here is my take on the unification after the dust has settled, plus a brief preview of the season opener:

www.lastturnclub.com

Let me know what you think...I welcome your comments..good or otherwise...and if you do not agree, I won't sanction you as a mod..LOL

NOTE: I do this on my own time, and get zero compensation (other than the pleasure to write about this sport) from this....

You also can look at the Open Wheel section to see past articles. I do not consider this as an advertisement...just another source of information for open wheel enthusiasts

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 27 Mar 2008 at 02:03.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 06:45 (Ref:2162719)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good read enjoyed reading it, well done.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2163664)   #3
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice article Tim. Very even handed and honest in my view.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2163684)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing I'd really disagree with there. Open-wheel racing is in a strong position to move forward for 2009 and beyond. A lot of individuals have lost out, but that's an inevitability in a merger. I hope 26 cars is the typical 2008 field.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2163716)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Nice work, Tim!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 29 Mar 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2164317)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice piece Tim.

Only part I disagreed with was the Forsythe part. You could understand him spending big dollars on his team when it was part of his series. However having to spend his own money to run cars in someone elses series, irrespective of it being Tony George was always unlikely.

Forsythe is still in the game through his engineering consulting and Atlantic, so I dont think we have seen the last of Forsythe running in AOWs premier class.
Old 29 Mar 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2164631)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Nice piece Tim.

Only part I disagreed with was the Forsythe part. You could understand him spending big dollars on his team when it was part of his series. However having to spend his own money to run cars in someone elses series, irrespective of it being Tony George was always unlikely.

Forsythe is still in the game through his engineering consulting and Atlantic, so I dont think we have seen the last of Forsythe running in AOWs premier class.
I appreciate your comments, D.R.T...

But there are rumors that Forsythe may go to the ALMS now...He would have to start a program from scratch and buy cars to do it....Whereas he would've gotten Dallaras plus the engine leases courtesy of Tony George without costs, and his people (who are top-notch) would've still been in open wheel, where they have been working for years.

It would've been a matter of covering his operating costs as opposed to starting out in a new series and buying what he needs in ALMS (if it even happens, which is just a rumor now anyway)....

I know that you didn't comment on Paul Gentilozzi, but his statement about not racing in the IRL included a comment that Ernesto Bernoldi "didn't want to race on ovals"....

He (Bernoldi) is at Homestead this weekend, isn't he??? Where is the reluctance???

Just a side note....because you didn't say anything about PG...

besides...Forsythe can use that $$$ he is getting for his tech work with teams to fund what he wants to do in another series if he wishes...might be a good business move for him....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Mar 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2164641)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I appreciate your comments, D.R.T...

But there are rumors that Forsythe may go to the ALMS now...He would have to start a program from scratch and buy cars to do it....Whereas he would've gotten Dallaras plus the engine leases courtesy of Tony George without costs, and his people (who are top-notch) would've still been in open wheel, where they have been working for years.

It would've been a matter of covering his operating costs as opposed to starting out in a new series and buying what he needs in ALMS (if it even happens, which is just a rumor now anyway)....

I know that you didn't comment on Paul Gentilozzi, but his statement about not racing in the IRL included a comment that Ernesto Bernoldi "didn't want to race on ovals"....

He (Bernoldi) is at Homestead this weekend, isn't he??? Where is the reluctance???

Just a side note....because you didn't say anything about PG...

besides...Forsythe can use that $$$ he is getting for his tech work with teams to fund what he wants to do in another series if he wishes...might be a good business move for him....
I think Forsythe could care less about the irl "freebies". They have marginal value anyways. The cars are junk, the "free" engine leases have mileage restrictions and the $1.2 million welfare check is a socialized form of prize money(boring).

Forsythe could buy one of the F1 teams up for sale if he wanted. I don't think money is an issue if he really wants to spend it.

ALMS is going big on Ethanol and that happens to be Forsythe's new investment and business BTW.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2166186)   #9
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I think Forsythe could care less about the irl "freebies". They have marginal value anyways. The cars are junk,
Surely most cars Paul Tracy gets his hands on become junk before too much longer....