Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Nov 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2332346)   #26
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
who are they, he paid me back
Old 10 Nov 2008, 09:54 (Ref:2332353)   #27
britekman
Rookie

Scotland
britekman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky you. I know of a few in the paddock that are still owed $$$.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 10:28 (Ref:2332368)   #28
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by britekman
Lucky you. I know of a few in the paddock that are still owed $$$.
Sounds like the mailman has his finger on the pulse again... Thats because you earn you money from the industry, because youre a a big cog and stuff.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2332751)   #29
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Mr Gore invested alot of money into Motor Racing to further his business not out of the goodness of his heart.
What an incredibly daft thing to say! Name me the sponsors who are sumping out out their cash, and not caring if they don't get some form of return on their investment. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we buggered off all of the people and companies that were just involved in motorsport as a business and not as a sport...

Now I don't agree with everything he ever did, but he invested millions and millions and millions into it, V8s, Carrera Cup, BIMF, Indycars, Marcos Ambrose...
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2332753)   #30
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinJ
I liked his Attitude of calling a spade a spade
I think I heard him refer to a spade as a '****ing spade' from time to time
Old 10 Nov 2008, 23:41 (Ref:2332804)   #31
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
What an incredibly daft thing to say! Name me the sponsors who are sumping out out their cash, and not caring if they don't get some form of return on their investment. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we buggered off all of the people and companies that were just involved in motorsport as a business and not as a sport....
Speaking of daft things to say.....

What I was saying was that his motivations are purely business, no arguments against Gore or any other sponsor out there. However sponsorship of motorsport does not create a halo of anti criticism like some here were suggesting.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2332815)   #32
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
Speaking of daft things to say.....

What I was saying was that his motivations are purely business, no arguments against Gore or any other sponsor out there. However sponsorship of motorsport does not create a halo of anti criticism like some here were suggesting.
What a load of crap. Nobody commits that much time and energy into anything without a large dose of passion, regardless of motive. You are free to share with us your unique view of the world and also free to can whoever you like because it is your so forum right... Like I said before, what have you or are you contributing to our sport apart from ARDC personal agenda and bitter view of Supercar and apparently anyone that seeks to make a $ in life but not spend it where and how you think they should.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2332826)   #33
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
DRT,

Quote:
In my opinion there was a lot to criticize.
...and we wait with bated breath...
Old 11 Nov 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2332828)   #34
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
Like I said before, what have you or are you contributing to our sport apart from ARDC personal agenda and bitter view of Supercar and apparently anyone that seeks to make a $ in life but not spend it where and how you think they should.
You forgot the constant street circuit attacks
Old 11 Nov 2008, 00:44 (Ref:2332836)   #35
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn't Gore actually said in interviews that V8 sponsorship worked well for his businesses?
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2333068)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
DRT,
and we wait with bated breath...
thanks Crash Test.

Keeping it fairly simple Mr Gore's general approach to motor racing whether it be with his sponsorships or his team are my motivations to criticize. A few examples

1) Mr Gores favourite and never ending tirades over the years involved his belief that v8 supercars was now run as a business needing enhanced professionalism and it was time for some team owners to step aside.

However when another team poached a WPS Racing sponsor it appeared to be a professional business decision, but guess who screamed blue murder accusing the works team of treading on the poor little independent team. Hypocrisy at its finest.

2) The Ford relationship. Mr Gore's admirable ability to speak his mind on well just about anything worked against him when it came time to dealing with manufacturers. His decisions wear 'No Support From Ford' vindicated Fords decision to have nothing to do with the team and Mr Gore.

Then there was the anti John Hewson T-Shirts WPS backed and distributed during this interesting time in V8SA history is another example.

These two occassions called for diplomacy and tact, both were missing here which cost Mr Gore and opened him up for criticism.

3.) The Walker Racing ongoing affair
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/indy..._with_fa?.html

4.) As britekman alluded to there is allegations of money owing as well.

Tried my all to keep it short not to offend anyone but I hope that gives a little insight into my reasons for not bowing before said person for all his years service to motorsport

Just to restate though, Mr Gore's financial contribution is a loss to motorsport however based on the above his actions, general attitude to motorsport and those around him will not be missed.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 11 Nov 2008 at 12:45.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2333406)   #37
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
1) Mr Gores favourite and never ending tirades over the years involved his belief that v8 supercars was now run as a business needing enhanced professionalism and it was time for some team owners to step aside.

However when another team poached a WPS Racing sponsor it appeared to be a professional business decision, but guess who screamed blue murder accusing the works team of treading on the poor little independent team. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Nothing wrong with that first sentance, it does need to be run like a big business, because it is!

...but the second line. What would you do? If someone just poached $XXXk off you would say something about it, or would you crawl back into a cave and cry to yourself?

Quote:
2) The Ford relationship. Mr Gore's admirable ability to speak his mind on well just about anything worked against him when it came time to dealing with manufacturers. His decisions wear 'No Support From Ford' vindicated Fords decision to have nothing to do with the team and Mr Gore.

Then there was the anti John Hewson T-Shirts WPS backed and distributed during this interesting time in V8SA history is another example.

These two occassions called for diplomacy and tact, both were missing here which cost Mr Gore and opened him up for criticism.
For a human headline who wasn't backwards in coming forwards, he had his way of getting his point across. If he simply did everything like the run of the mill, would you still be talking about him years after the fact?

Quote:
With the greatest of due respect, do you know what really happened there? Has Walker persued it, and how much did he wind up getting out of Gore?

Quote:
Does he owe you any money? There are remedies out there to collect what's yours... I know there are people out there who won't deal with them, but that's their perogative I guess. I could give you a list a mile long of other people involved in all facets of motorsport who don't like paying for services rendered, but this isn't exactly A Current Affair...
Old 11 Nov 2008, 22:17 (Ref:2333418)   #38
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
thanks Crash Test.

Keeping it fairly simple Mr Gore's general approach to motor racing whether it be with his sponsorships or his team are my motivations to criticize. A few examples

With all the current re structure of teams as well as new sponsors coming on board, you would have to say he was on the money.

Quote:
Well documented and discussed topic of a factory team de-valuing sponsorship dollars by stealing a part sponsor in return for naming rights?? You really are on the ball with sponsorship... Why Tom or Tim have not signed you up to Commercial reasonability’s is a real mystery.

Quote:
Yet another example of someone commenting about an issue he knows nothing about. Do you mean apart from the fact Ford never kept their end of a deal?? We now have 888's Dane telling everyone that they will not carry Ford badges and will refer to their cars now as 888Supercars. Where have we heard that before...

Quote:
Job well done! Where is Mr Cakes now?? Running the world wide successful SUV Racing series.

Quote:

You should spend less time reading trash mags in Supermarkets...

Quote:
I actually gave you a bit more credibility than the poster you have chosen to provide as crown witness. Shame about that but I can be wrong occasionally, and clearly I was about you.

Quote:
Tried my all to keep it short not to offend anyone but I hope that gives a little insight into my reasons for not bowing before said person for all his years service to motorsport
How could anyone be offended by such dribble? Too much life in the dark in front of your little monitor is not good for. Break out from anonymity, go outside and smell the flowers and maybe if you are feeling really game....

Get a life of your own instead of whinging about the life of others all the time.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2333473)   #39
D.R.T.
Veteran

Thanks for the one two punch there boys.

You disagree with my thoughts on God (sorry Mr Gore) that is fine, he has left now it wont be an issue any longer. In the end I am glad you understood where I am coming from and we can agree to disagree on this part of history.
Old 12 Nov 2008, 00:51 (Ref:2333492)   #40
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say from my perspective of having seen parts of the team up close. The sport benefitted from having him involved.

We all have some negative points and anyone can generally point them out regardless of context, I also had a few run-ins with Craig but feel that overall he made a very positive contribution to the sport.

I feel if anything he was the victim of being led by the nose technically for the first couple of years where drivers and engines were blamed for results. He worked out what was happening and modified things appropriately.

He put a lot of money into a lot of different aspects of the sport and we are better for it.
Old 12 Nov 2008, 09:34 (Ref:2333603)   #41
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A mate of mine who is a very well known & respected engineer was invited up to qld a few years ago to have a chat to MR Gore about growing his Team.
The meeting lasted only about an hour an he left back to his home base down south. He said Mr Gore had a very poor understanding about V8 supercar racing and thought that with the momey he was prepared to thow at it he excpected to be a front runner in a year or so. Well my mate said he told him to keep dreaming and when he was prepared to up his budget forcasts by about ten times he would talk to him again.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2396462)   #42
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Atkinson Gore Group in Receivership!

Article here
Old 12 Feb 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2396470)   #43
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda
Atkinson Gore Group in Receivership!

Article here
looks bad for the lenders.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2396479)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Says WPS is safe...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Feb 2009, 02:25 (Ref:2396536)   #45
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excuse my ignorance, and being slightly off topic, but was Sanctuary Cove the one that burnt down and then got rebuilt, think it may have been the subject of a beer commercial in the early 90's? "they said you'd never make it..."???
Old 13 Feb 2009, 02:50 (Ref:2396546)   #46
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
excuse my ignorance, and being slightly off topic, but was Sanctuary Cove the one that burnt down and then got rebuilt, think it may have been the subject of a beer commercial in the early 90's? "they said you'd never make it..."???
I think that was Hamilton Island. Different pair of white shoes.

Kramer
Old 13 Feb 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2396649)   #47
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
I think that was Hamilton Island. Different pair of white shoes.

Kramer
ahh i believe you could be right
Old 14 Feb 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2397292)   #48
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Receiver is not a fan:

MOTORSPORT millionaire Craig Gore "is not putting his money where his mouth is", the receiver of three of his failed property development companies says.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...84-664,00.html
Old 14 Feb 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2397295)   #49
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know anyone that he owes $$$ to, that is a fan.
Old 14 Feb 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2397496)   #50
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the property and real estate boom is over so no surprise I guess.