Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jul 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3439756)   #26
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
Goff and Scott are switching to VWs from this weekend. That'll mean no Vauxhalls on the grid since...??
'Switching' or have their Insignias been cannibalized to make a pair of Passats ?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3439763)   #27
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh good god. I wish I hadn't eaten my dinner before seeing Jack Goff's chrome stickerbombfest livery.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3439768)   #28
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
'Switching' or have their Insignias been cannibalized to make a pair of Passats ?
I would guess they have been used to make the VW's to keep costs down, as per Morgan's Mercedes and their Avensis.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3439818)   #29
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from Gio's comments does it seem like he intends to stay in the series ?

Quote:
“This is a learning year for me, not so much in terms of tracks of course, but we need to understand the car better and better.

and guess it will be just a long test session on Saturday to focus on race setup

Quote:
It will be a weekend-long test, which we need so much. As I said, we’re still trying to understand the car perfectly, so I will use Saturday as a test to try different solutions. I have nothing to lose, so it’s a good chance to improve the car on Saturday and try to have fun on Sunday
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3439879)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just find it strange that they've had that Focus for two years now and still they haven't got it performing like it should. Yes it showed initial promise, but that was a while ago and perhaps down to boost.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3439882)   #31
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry if i spelt the track name wrong and you can ask a mod to change to the correct word.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3439895)   #32
Madd_Dogg88
Racer

Madd_Dogg88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Oh good god. I wish I hadn't eaten my dinner before seeing Jack Goff's chrome stickerbombfest livery.
It's the worst thing I have ever seen. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
from Gio's comments does it seem like he intends to stay in the series?
I had the very same thought...
Old 29 Jul 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3439909)   #33
porsche962fan
Veteran

it seems to me Dave Bartrum is doing a big mistake time and time again!!

technically he should just try to sign his main drivers even before the current season is over so imediatly after season finale they can go testing the heck out of their cars before winter sets in

but as it was the case Gio was only confirmed in December when proper testing impossible, and Mat Jackson was the last driver in the entire paddock to be signed so he had no real testing at all and they are one team which really need it

by comparison AJ did testing right after season finale and I guess so did Honda and MG cos their drivers were already sign (bar Tordoff perhaps)

Menu mentioned this problems too in his team, they simply didn't had proper testing
Old 30 Jul 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3440029)   #34
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
it seems to me Dave Bartrum is doing a big mistake time and time again!!

technically he should just try to sign his main drivers even before the current season is over so imediatly after season finale they can go testing the heck out of their cars before winter sets in

but as it was the case Gio was only confirmed in December when proper testing impossible, and Mat Jackson was the last driver in the entire paddock to be signed so he had no real testing at all and they are one team which really need it

by comparison AJ did testing right after season finale and I guess so did Honda and MG cos their drivers were already sign (bar Tordoff perhaps)

Menu mentioned this problems too in his team, they simply didn't had proper testing
But for the small matter of money, I'm sure Dave Bartrum would loved to have done as you suggested ! Haven't we had this discussion [many many times] before ?
Old 30 Jul 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3440032)   #35
PandaKing
Rookie

PandaKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that the Focus, also possibly the VW underwent significant rebuilds in an attempt to unlock better performance.

Combine that with TBLs it's unclear what teams had to work with until TOCA had confirmed everything.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3440087)   #36
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
They had TBLs last year before Christmas. It's just they can't really go into a testing programme until they get drivers with the necessary funding. It's ok if you're works or have big backing.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3440690)   #37
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1406847600

Tip for spectators: if you want to stay dry, don't go on Saturday! Looks dry for the races, so we may see some charging drives in race 1, yet alone race 3!
Old 1 Aug 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3440797)   #38
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...-under-appeal/

I guess having seen the ITV replays, we'll never know if justice has been done, but as an AJ fan, I'm happy. R1 pole and 2 race wins, please!
Old 1 Aug 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3440801)   #39
porsche962fan
Veteran

perhaps the telemetry showed that AJ did brake and tried to avoid (and Gio really suddenly slowing down ?) but it wasn't enough rather than a failed Plato patented push to pass ??
Old 1 Aug 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3440807)   #40
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
As I posted on the Croft meeting forum, Gio seemed to have a wobble on the corner entry, slowing him down, and AJ tried to move up the inside, which is exactly where Gio went. Maybe the closing speed was too much for even a driver of AJ's talent to deal with

Gio starts from the back, no successful appeals for him.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3440823)   #41
porsche962fan
Veteran

so if AJ won his appeal I assume one strike is also gone from his account ??

If remember 2 of his main rivals Shedden and Plato have 2 strikes which means at next penalty they will start from the back

I wonder if it would be a good tactic if they have some puctures during the race or technical problem to cause something (cutting track, bumping another car) to get a penalty to get the 3 strikes since they may start at the back anyway....
Old 2 Aug 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3440937)   #42
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, no Motorbase BMWs which is exactly what I expected.

Andrew Jordan goes into the tyres at Riches and causes a red flag in FP1, hope the car isn't too badly damaged.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3440964)   #43
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's been taken to hospital for checks, must have been a hard hit. He'll miss FP2 and be assessed before Qually. I've seen a photo of the car, the rear quarter looks twisted. the team say its fixable.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...l-after-crash/
Old 2 Aug 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3440971)   #44
porsche962fan
Veteran

has Plato an illegal car or something,? over 1 sec faster than everyone elese
Old 2 Aug 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3440977)   #45
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first BTCC race tomorrow and my sons first ever race meeting, really looking forward to it. Any tips from Snett veterans, i have been warned you either fry or drown there.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3440987)   #46
porsche962fan
Veteran

Jordan to miss qualy too

will start a the back of grid if cleared, so ironically together again with GIO
Old 2 Aug 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3440991)   #47
medius
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
My first BTCC race tomorrow and my sons first ever race meeting, really looking forward to it. Any tips from Snett veterans, i have been warned you either fry or drown there.
Best viewing spots are probably the Esses by the bridge, outside of Coram or into Murrays but I'd expect those to get pretty full pretty quickly. Definitely fry or drown, take suncream and a boat Its easy to be windswept too there.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3440997)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Plato is on pole by four tenths. It is obvious it is very little to do with the driver or the fact the car suits the circuit, but to do with the FWD advantage. Something needs to be done. After wasn't that the logic with Colin after Oulton except with Rwd?
Old 2 Aug 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3440999)   #49
porsche962fan
Veteran

FWD are too fast, something needs to be done !! slap weight penalties on FWD
Old 2 Aug 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3441016)   #50
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Stockton fails to set a hot lap time again, I feel for the bloke, that car is surely the motoring equivalent of a hypercondriac.